Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    Business is business. Development is development. You don't put the businessman in charge of programming. You don't put the programmer in charge of art. You don't put the artist in charge of balancing the budget. Everyone has an important part and like it or not Bobby's got a job, too. It's just more of a "I want the company to be HERE at the end of the year" than "I want a new cash shop mount in WoW by next week!"
    The major problem with that, hes the one giving order to developers, hes higher in the hierarchy than Michael Morhaime and i think wow has gone down the drain since Blizzard merged with Activision.

This may have TOR in the article but i think this is much more of a look to the future for the executives concering WoW.

I have said it before but I will say it a thousand more times, competition is coming, and not small, no name, low budget competition (no offense to Trion I have respect for what they're doing and the successes you guys have had). We are talking big titles over the next 12 months. The whole annual pass thing was an obvious cry to lock people in so they won't jump ship and they can make stockholders number look good. Next 12 months:

TOR
    The Secret World
    GW2
    Tera
    Firefall
    Archeage

Not all of these are subscription based games and some say they won't directly compete with Blizz due to that. However having high quality alternatives to turn to is going to give those who have had their faith in WoW shaken other alternatives to turn to. Trying to call out TOR is just the type of the iceberg, there are more sharks coming to these waters. WoW has not shown anything to me in Cata or the previews for MoP that says its going in a direction that I care to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this. there's nothing really to discuss, and there's no point in bashing someone.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net