Companion crew skill efficiency

Could someone please explain what this means? Does it mean that they will do missions faster, or will return more mats?

I am unsure of this and I have asked on hte offical forums also. I am guessing the ones with +2 critical underworld trading are better at them types of missions for example. Regarding the +15 Arti that Khem Val has and the +10 Synthweaving another companion has I am unsure if this is a head start on them professions like some wow racials.
    Could also be that using that person to craft on that professions yields a better chance at a hgiher value item eg blue or a proto type ? Im unsure I may be totally wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    efficiency means they will get the job done faster. Critical on the other hand produces better results. If im remembering right you start off with a 5% crit chance on crafting and 10% on mission (though those likely are wrong), and the companion you send out adds to that. If you crit on a crafting, you produce a critical version of it, which has the same stats as the original, but has and empty, free, mod slot (at least this is how it works for armor makers, not sure about stuff like artifice, would assume something similar). A crit on a mission brings back either epic versions of what you were going to get on top of the original yield, or just gets more of it (I cant remember which, pretty sure its the first with it critting for purples)

so +15 artifice efficiency reduces the craft time of artifice things by 15%. +2 artifice crit increases the chance to crit making something with artifice

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 08:02 AM ----------

Well, looks like I got some clarification on crits. though this COULD change, this is likely what will happen once the game goes live

Critical crafts do 3 things:
    •Armor/Weapons: Adds a modulator slot
    •Mods: Makes 2
    •Missions: Gives epic quality crafting materials
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity