Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ultraxion Strategy, Loot, Discussions

Ultraxion

More an abomination of dark energy than a dragon, Ultraxion has spent his short life absorbing the essence of captured nether dragons. Ultraxion is the only twilight dragon Deathwing has praised, and his arrogance is overshadowed only by the crackling energies surging through his twisted form. Loyal to his master, Ultraxion swears to bring about the fall of Wyrmrest Temple.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Stage One: Growing Instability
    During the battle, Ultraxion will grow increasinly unstsable with barely-contained Twilight energies.

• Unstable Monstrosity - Growing Twilight instability causes arcs of Twilight energy to erupt from Ultraxion's hide. The arcs inflict 1100000 Shadow damage every 6 seconds, split evenly amongst enemy players in the Twilight Realm and within 30 yards of the target. Every minute that Ultraxion remains in combat reduces the time between arcs by 1 second, to a maximum rate of one arc per second. In addition, the instability prevents Ultraxion from dodging or parrying attacks.
    • Twilight Shift - At the beginning of the battle, Ultraxion pulls all enemies with him into the Twilight Realm where they can bear the full brunt of his powerful Twilight assaults. Being pulled into the Twilight Realm grants players the Heroic Will ability.
      • Heroic Will - Steels the caster's mind to resist the forces of Twilight. Pulls the caster out of the Twilight realm for up to 5 sec, but renders them unable to attack, cast spells, or move while concentrating.
    • Fading Light - Ultraxion sucks the light out of his current target and one random player, drawing them into Twilight over 5-10 seconds. Upon expiration, players in the Twilight Realm instantly die. Players in the normal realm forcibly enter the Twilight Realm, and are afflicted with Faded into Twilight.

In 25 player Difficulty, Ultraxion sucks the light out of three random players. In 10 player Heroic Difficulty, Ultraxion sucks the light out of two random players. In 25 player Heroic Difficulty, Ultraxion sucks the light out of six random players. In Looking for Raid Difficulty, Ultraxion only sucks the light out of his current target.
      • Faded into Twilight - Residual Twilight effects cause all threat against Ultraxion to be reset. In addition, no threat will be generated for 5 sec. In heroic Difficulty, players take 100% more Physical damage for 5 sec, instead of generating no threat.
    • Hour of Twilight - The Hour of Twilight falls upon Ultraxion's foes. Enemies caught within the Twilight Realm take 300000 unresistable Shadow damage. Players within the normal realm forcibly enter the Twilight Realm. If Hour of Twilight does not hit a player, the Aspects take the full brunt of the attack. This disrupts the shield protecting the Aspects and heralds the end of all life on Azeroth.

In 25 player Normal Difficulty, if Hour of Twilight hits less than three players, the Aspects take the full brunt of the attack. In 10 player Heroic Difficulty, if Hour of Twilight hits less than two players, the Aspects take the full brunt of the attack. In 25 player Heroic Difficulty, if Hour of Twilight hits less than five players, the Aspects take the full brunt of the attack. In Looking for Raid Difficulty, the Aspects can never take the full brunt of the attack.
      • Looming Darkness - When struck by Hour of Twilight, powerful waves of Twilight energy course through the victim, rendering them more susceptible to the harmful effects of Hour of Twilight. Additional damage taken by Hour of Twilight will instantly kill the player.
    • Twilight Burst - If every player stands outside the range of his powerful claws, Ultraxion expels a powerful burst of Twilight energy, inflicting 75000 unresistable Twilight damage and increases magical damage taken by 50% for 6 sec. This effect stacks
    • Twilight Eruption - After 6 minutes have passed, Ultraxion's instability reaches uncontainable levels, erupting outwards as a massive explosion that destroys all nearby foes and Ultraxion himself. If the shields surrounding the Aspects should fall at any point during the encounter, Ultraxion will immediately trigger Twlight Eruption.

Alexstrasza

• Gift of Life - Alexstrasza creates a crystal of pure life energy. Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the essence of life itself, increasing healing done by 100% for the duration of the battle. The crystal has one charge. Only one buff granted by Alexstrasza, Ysera, or Kalecgos can be present on a player at any time. In 25 player raids, Alexstrasza creates two crystals.
    Ysera

• Essence of Dreams - Ysera creates a crystal of dream energy. Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the power of dreams, which causes all healing done to be duplicated and distributed evenly amongst all friendly targets within 50 yards for the remainder of the battle. The crystal has one charge. Only one buff granted by Alexstrasza, Ysera, or Kalecgos can be present on a player at any time. In 25 player raids, Ysera creates two crystals.
    Kalecgos

• Source of Magic - Kalecgos creates a crystal of amplified arcane energy. Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the essence of magic, reducing the mana cost of all spells by 75% and increasing spell haste by 100% for the remainder of the battle. The crystal has one charge. Only one buff granted by Alexstrasza, Ysera, or Kalecgos can be present on a player at any time. In 25 player raids, Kalecgos creates two crystals.
    Nozdormu

• Timeloop - Nozdormu captures all players within a finite timeloop. Any attack which would otherwise kill the player will instead bring them to 100% of maximum health and remove the Timeloop.
    Thrall

• Last Defender of Azeroth - Thrall, now the Earth-Warder of Azeroth, blesses all tanks with the immovable strength of the ancient stones of the world. The blessing reduces defensive cooldowns by 50% and increases defensive ability durations by 100%.

Loot Table
    LevelTypeSpecSlotNameInstanceBoss
    85CraftingReagentReagentEssence of DestructionDragon SoulAll LFR Bosses
    384FingerTankFingerHardheart RingDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384FingerSpell SpiritFingerSignet of SuturingDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384FingerSpell DPSFingerInfinite LoopDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384FingerMeleeFingerBreathstealer BandDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384FingerMeleeFingerSeal of Primordial ShadowDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384TrinketHealingTrinketWindward HeartDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384TrinketSpell DPSTrinketCunning of the CruelDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384TrinketPhysical DPSTrinketVial of ShadowsDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384TrinketMeleeTrinketBone-Link FetishDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384TrinketTankingTrinketIndomitable PrideDragon SoulLFR All Bosses Except Deathwing
    384MaceMeleeOne-HandMorningstar of Heroic WillDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384Off-HandSpell SpiritOff-HandLedger of Revolting RitualsDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384PlateTankFeetStillheart WarbootsDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384PlateSpell SpiritWaistDragonfracture BeltDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384MailSpell DPSShoulderImperfect Specimens 27 and 28Dragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384MailPhysical DPSWristBracers of Looming DarknessDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384LeatherSpell SpiritFeetTreads of Sordid ScreamsDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384FingerMeleeFingerCurled Twilight ClawDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384TrinketMeleeTrinketCreche of the Final DragonDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384Tier 13ArmorTokenChest of the Corrupted ProtectorDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384Tier 13ArmorTokenChest of the Corrupted ConquerorDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    384Tier 13ArmorTokenChest of the Corrupted VanquisherDragon SoulLFR Ultraxion
    397FingerTankFingerHardheart RingDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397FingerSpell SpiritFingerSignet of SuturingDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397FingerSpell DPSFingerInfinite LoopDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397FingerMeleeFingerSeal of Primordial ShadowDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397FingerMeleeFingerBreathstealer BandDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397TrinketHealingTrinketWindward HeartDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397TrinketSpell DPSTrinketCunning of the CruelDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397TrinketPhysical DPSTrinketVial of ShadowsDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397TrinketMeleeTrinketBone-Link FetishDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397TrinketTankingTrinketIndomitable PrideDragon SoulAll Bosses Except Deathwing
    397MaceMeleeOne-HandMorningstar of Heroic WillDragon SoulUltraxion
    397Off-HandSpell SpiritOff-HandLedger of Revolting RitualsDragon SoulUltraxion
    397PlateTankFeetStillheart WarbootsDragon SoulUltraxion
    397PlateSpell SpiritWaistDragonfracture BeltDragon SoulUltraxion
    397MailSpell DPSShoulderImperfect Specimens 27 and 28Dragon SoulUltraxion
    397MailPhysical DPSWristBracers of Looming DarknessDragon SoulUltraxion
    397LeatherSpell SpiritFeetTreads of Sordid ScreamsDragon SoulUltraxion
    397FingerMeleeFingerCurled Twilight ClawDragon SoulUltraxion
    397TrinketMeleeTrinketCreche of the Final DragonDragon SoulUltraxion
    397Tier 13ArmorTokenChest of the Corrupted ConquerorDragon SoulUltraxion
    397Tier 13ArmorTokenChest of the Corrupted ProtectorDragon SoulUltraxion
    397Tier 13ArmorTokenChest of the Corrupted VanquisherDragon SoulUltraxion
    410FingerTankFingerHardheart RingDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410FingerSpell SpiritFingerSignet of SuturingDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410FingerSpell DPSFingerInfinite LoopDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410FingerMeleeFingerBreathstealer BandDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410FingerMeleeFingerSeal of Primordial ShadowDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410TrinketHealingTrinketWindward HeartDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410TrinketSpell DPSTrinketCunning of the CruelDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410TrinketPhysical DPSTrinketVial of ShadowsDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410TrinketMeleeTrinketBone-Link FetishDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410TrinketTankingTrinketIndomitable PrideDragon SoulHeroic All Bosses Except Deathwing
    410MaceMeleeOne-HandMorningstar of Heroic WillDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410Off-HandSpell SpiritOff-HandLedger of Revolting RitualsDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410PlateTankFeetStillheart WarbootsDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410PlateSpell SpiritWaistDragonfracture BeltDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410MailSpell DPSShoulderImperfect Specimens 27 and 28Dragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410MailPhysical DPSWristBracers of Looming DarknessDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410LeatherSpell SpiritFeetTreads of Sordid ScreamsDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410FingerMeleeFingerCurled Twilight ClawDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410TrinketMeleeTrinketCreche of the Final DragonDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410Tier 13ArmorTokenChest of the Corrupted VanquisherDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410Tier 13ArmorTokenChest of the Corrupted ProtectorDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    410Tier 13ArmorTokenChest of the Corrupted ConquerorDragon SoulHeroic Ultraxion
    Achievements
    CategoryDescriptionPts
    Cataclysm RaidMinutes to Midnight
    Defeat Ultraxion in Dragon Soul on Normal or Heroic Difficulty without any raid member being hit by Hour of Twilight more than once.
    Cataclysm RaidFall of Deathwing
    Defeat the encounters leading up to the Fall of Deathwing in the Dragon Soul raid.
    Cataclysm RaidHeroic: Ultraxion
    Defeat Ultraxion in Dragon Soul on Heroic Difficulty.
    Last edited by chaud; 2011-11-29 at 02:13 AM.

The heroic will button for this fight appears in the same place as it always has for fights like atramedes, lord rhyolith, and alysrazor. But unlike those boss fights, you have to click on this one for it to work.

If you want to give Heroic Will a keybind on your bars instead of clicking it, just make a macro with: /click ExtraActionButton1
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2011-11-22 at 06:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    The heroic will button for this fight appears in the same place as it always has for fights like atramedes, lord rhyolith, and alysrazor. But unlike those boss fights, you have to click on this one for it to work.

If you want to give Heroic Will a keybind on your bars instead of clicking it, just make a macro with: /click ExtraActionButton1
    I wonder how this will work with people like me that have custom UI configurations.

Well presumably you'll still be able to click on the button, you'll just have to make sure it's not being overlapped by your UI frames, or if you have MoveAnything or SimplePowerBar (I think) you can move the bar wherever you want.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Currently on the ptr if you have a bar mod (like bartender) the button does NOT show. Posibly this wil be fixed for live (by the people who make such addons, i guess thats where the problem is) but there is an easy fix around it, just make a macro with /click ExtraActionButton1 as was said above.

I also recommend some sort of boss mod or even better an addon like need to know or tell me when. Raiding on the ptr with no addons aside from bartender it's quite annoying to be staring at the debuff bar non stop this fight as there is no kind of ingame warning for when you get Fading Light asside from the little debuff icon. It works but i think most people would rather pay attention to their rotation or raid frames.

Clicking? Bad! Keybound macro? Good! Discuss.

No macro needed, just go to keybindings and assign a key to extra action button 1

I am a Shadow priest and I officialy will steal the blue debuff from the healers, thanks Blizzard.

Deleted
    Bartender should be updated for 4.3 and should have this fix, Failing that, the macro / keybind / defult bars is another way to go. Unless your a healer its best to have a macro / keybind.

(You will also need this button on the Madness of Deathing fight)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahagin View Post
    I am a Shadow priest and I officialy will steal the blue debuff from the healers, thanks Blizzard.
    Didn't play ptr, so really can't be sure, but I'm sure since it specifies healer, you probably have to be in a healing spec just for it to work. Kinda disappointed that there's no real love for the melee on that fight.
    Last edited by Celerun; 2011-11-22 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahagin View Post
    even if it did work, you'd probably only do 25% of the damage an arcane mage would, mage armor would probably be enough to keep you 100% mana the whole fight, meaning endless 150-200k arcane blasts every 0.8 seconds, can even reforge away all haste and go full crit/mastery, tricks, 200k+ dps with just 1 button ftw?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerun View Post
    Didn't play ptr, so really can't be sure, but I'm sure since it specifies healer, you probably have to be in a healing spec just for it to work. Kinda disappointed that there's no real love for the melee on that fight.
    The boss has a 100% hit chance debuff.

You can pretty much reforge all out of hit and go full on haste / mastery. be ready pad meters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does the parry/hit "debuffs" on Ultraxion seem stupid?

just for those wondering you must be "healer spec" to even have the option to click on the healing buff crystals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    The boss has a 100% hit chance debuff.

You can pretty much reforge all out of hit and go full on haste / mastery. be ready pad meters.
    there is no 100% hitchance on Ultraxion or something like that.

u will miss as a heal with the full percentage. the Boss just has a "everytime behind" debuff, so a melee has no problems with parry oder Dodge, if the melee ist at 8% hit and 26 Exp.

and to the thing with the Blue buff, u must speced Heal to get the Buff. So no chance for Arcanemage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascylia View Post
    there is no 100% hitchance on Ultraxion or something like that.

u will miss as a heal with the full percentage. the Boss just has a "everytime behind" debuff, so a melee has no problems with parry oder Dodge, if the melee ist at 8% hit and 26 Exp.

and to the thing with the Blue buff, u must speced Heal to get the Buff. So no chance for Arcanemage.
    Eh, while the chances of my guilds mage going arcane is none, I would say that not really having the option to have less the 3/6 healers will be a pain at higher gear levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    even if it did work, you'd probably only do 25% of the damage an arcane mage would, mage armor would probably be enough to keep you 100% mana the whole fight, meaning endless 150-200k arcane blasts every 0.8 seconds, can even reforge away all haste and go full crit/mastery, tricks, 200k+ dps with just 1 button ftw?
    I don't know about how powerful the mana regen is compared to sinestra buff, however shadow priests are doing roughly the same single target dps on Sinstra in P3 where you get a 100 % haste and mana regen buff.
    I think you are severely overrating the damage output of an arcane mage with such buff. 25 % of the damage an arcane mage would? 85-95 % seems more likely. 200k dps? Not gonna happen, not even with legendary or full 4.3 heroic bis gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eh, while the chances of my guilds mage going arcane is none, I would say that not really having the option to have less the 3/6 healers will be a pain at higher gear levels.
    The option is always there. It just means you won't be taking advantage of all 6 buffs. You don't HAVE to use them all, you know.
    The enrage timer and HP on this boss on 25 heroic on PTR were... Brutal. 297M in 6 minutes. Assuming 6 healers, 2 tanks, 17 dps, you need 48K dps per DPS. So either it was severely overtuned, or we're gonna be in for a long, hard grind against this boss for perfect RNG :<.

I hate this sort of thing. Not because it's hard but because it gives bads such a good cop-out excuse.

Wah my Tears of Elune didn't work.
    Wah my ghost spirit lance macro didn't work.
    Wah I clicked the cube but it didn't work.
    Wah it's hidden under my Ultrauniquebutterfly mod.

Bads gonna bad.

i noticed the crystals state that they imbue one healer with blah blah

does this mean an arcane mage cannot pick up the blue one?