Poll: What do you do when dialect starts??

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When I was playing WoW I read all quest text. When I was playing the SWTOR beta this past weekend I listened to all dialog, and this is a habit I'll continue into the official launch. The majority of the dialog didn't even seem to be that long, that could be because I'm so engrossed in what is being said and making my choices to the point where I'm just losing track of the time. For me the conversations in Bioware games are like a metagame, they're just as important as the combat to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I don't mind if people don't like voice acting questing...but I hate it when they start to b*tch about it since you know this game is all about that.
    its not "all about that" its a tool, trying to make the game more immersive.. its just as important as gameplay, content, visuals etc. Just because some people enjoy it, doesnt mean everyone does and especially while grouping.. it can harm the experience and amount of fun you have in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if someone lessens to all quests ect his 50 Sith inquisitor will be different than 50 level sith inquisitor of person that skipped all of that ??

And for some people information: I played BOOK warhammer and vampire for around 5 years. With people from our local Fantasy club. Image you had to leave your home and get to some cool spot like Forest graveyard basement field to play proper rpg with proper Game master. And i do read book. cRPG is kinda weak tbh. Because You dont really affect your character in any way.
    Game developers cant make MMO game where your questing affects end game. In way that you get different skills or powers like in Elder scrolls series. QQ would be gigantic.
    Image that there would be no resoec in SW TOR and skill points you put in are forever. Would be cool but ppl would QQ as fuck.
    That is why in MMO you cant have good RPG element. Its just bullshit that leads to one thing ------- level 50.

btw. I do watch movies on fast forward. I seen over 5000 movies from c grade amateur to multi milion ones. Usa japanese chinese bulgarian norvegian spanish i even seen movie from kazahstan. Maybe 5-6 movies in last few year ware able to surprise me with story. Others are just same shit with new CGI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    btw. I do watch movies on fast forward. I seen over 5000 movies from c grade amateur to multi milion ones. Usa japanese chinese bulgarian norvegian spanish i even seen movie from kazahstan. Maybe 5-6 movies in last few year ware able to surprise me with story. Others are just same shit with new CGI.
    you watch films on fast forward? there is something seriously wrong with you...

I didn't skip in cutscenes but we will see at max level. Hearing the same dialog in a flashpoint or when doing dailies will be boring after a while

15+ Year Old Account
    i guess it's a good sign that only 10% of the respondents think exactly like the OP.

90% of us listened to at least some of the quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I listened to the class quest VO's, sometimes skipped the sidequest dialogs though.

People complaining about those who skip trough the dialogs, grow up.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Image that there would be no resoec in SW TOR and skill points you put in are forever. Would be cool but ppl would QQ as fuck.
    That is why in MMO you cant have good RPG element. Its just bullshit that leads to one thing ------- level 50.

I don't usually insult people....but you're an idiot. Go back to watching silent films then if you don't care about the dialog. If you can't be arsed to read dialog to be immersed in the story then why even play a themed game? You might as well just play a single player game or a fps, especially if you don't care how you get to a 'max' level, just the act of doing so.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

If you don't like storytelling TOR is not gonna be a very friendly game. It's the most story-driven MMO ever to see the light of day since it is using an RPG system to deliver your quests. It's a risk, but it is what makes TOR unique right now. Even if the function in itself is not unique at all anymore.

That being said. I'm tired of killing pointless mobs, storytelling is what makes me tick as a gamer. The only AI I like to meet is the one that makes me rage and want to crush it. The challenge. WoW is a perfect example of an mmo that is going further and further away from the challenging casual mob out in the game world and when you lack a interesting delivery of the story the game becomes pure numbers after a while. The social aspect with servers in WoW is also dying slowly with "randoms". So.. Yea. I'm all up for the story-focus tbh.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Deleted
    *edit*

oups wrong thread.. damn my man flu.

Deleted
    I regret what I did while leveling my worgen. I mean, I did it fast but I just missed out on everything. so Imma listen to alot of it.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    That being said. I'm tired of killing pointless mobs, storytelling is what makes me tick as a gamer.
    And that's what's exciting about TOR. After doing thousands of kill x mob quests in WoW for no story driven reason, providing some story or drive to do a quest makes it interesting again.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I never skip dialog during class quests, but I do skip very, very few of the random world quests'.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I regret what I did while leveling my worgen. I mean, I did it fast but I just missed out on everything. so Imma listen to alot of it.
    i bought race change .. then quit shortly after. money well spent.

Deleted
    That's like playing mw3 (which I plan on getting, no bashing here) if you're absolutely disgusted by shooters, and then complain about it.

I'll really have to think about that. Holy bovine.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I skipped dialogue lines was when doing a world quest... the beta was closing in 30 minutes and I needed to gain one more level to advance my class quest.

So I knowingly sacrificed knowledge of the world quest to be able to see the ending of the class quest.

As to my PoV on your stance, I think I can't sum it up better than this poster already did:

Quote Originally Posted by Torticoli View Post
    Why you would play a Bioware game if you don't like long dialogues and story exposition is beyond me. Why you would still play it, and then complain about it, is actually impressive in its absurdity.

EDIT : Also, a fully voice-acted MMO is something unheard of. You'd be wise to look at it with even the slightest bit of curiosity you can muster, and then provide some constructive criticism.
    Impressive in its absurdity indeed.

And the phrasing of the Original Post is quite charming too.

"I don't give a flying fuck about VO! Who's with me people!?"

What exactly is your goal here? To argue how stupid you consider one of the prominent features of TOR? Because I seriously doubt you're here to gauge some kind of statistical data for a scientific analysis.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-30 at 06:31 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    And that's what's exciting about TOR. After doing thousands of kill x mob quests in WoW for no story driven reason, providing some story or drive to do a quest makes it interesting again.
    Yup, that is why I am going to buy the game the moment my exams are over with. I am not ever gonna risk my results again for an MMO, but I will definetly give the game a fair go because I feel a little excitement at the thought of playing an actual MMORPG where other "mmorpg's" actually don't deserve the rpg term at all.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

It has a good story so...I listen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Insanoflex my mate watches 2 movies at once if they are not RL worth watching, One on top of monitor one on bottom. But he seen way more shit then me.

And i dont say they are trying to sell game using voice acting cos They are doing it !!!!! And this game does not need that sort of shitty marketing to sell. TBH its first time from TBC when i got that SOMETHING NEW feeling while playing it. Got it preordered from day one and will spend whole Christmas playing it . Since BF3 came out i have not looged into wow. Then Skyrim. Batman. And serious Sam 3 So many gr8 games out at once heh

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the first time going through its great to listen to the lore, but what if you want to level another character?
    So I think that if I do play I'll listen to all of it for the first character and skip it all for the second.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.