Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I actually love the fact that LFR is EZ - that's exactly what it was meant to be and is perfectly fine that the first four bosses are able to be done in 45 minutes...

But...beating the normal modes on the first night? No... that is not what I was expecting at all and think it should be slightly harder if that's true.

If anything, it should've been more like 1 or possibly 2 bosses a raid night... tops.

Heroic should still punch you in the face and laugh at you. :P
    yeah same, didn't do LFR, but I did the normal 10man.
    Healed it on my druid, which never did any FL bosses, and has 372 ilvl gear equiped, the basic VP things.
    we went in, like " let's check it out" most were just 1 shot, others 2 shot, no real difficulty, no mana problem, no tank wipe, just TOO easy for a normal 10man imo.
    it was an alt raid with people in 378 ilvl gear, so, not even outgearing the place, just the right equipment.

I knew LFR would be easy, or noone would use it, that was a given before the patch. But I hoped 10man would be somehow wroth it.

But like the 5man instances, if you don't have people standing in the aoe, you have nothing to heal in those. I was above 85% mana, even on bosses, without innervate. those dungeons give a TON a gear with quests and drops, I mean, it's free loot right from the start without any nerfs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    So why are you still posting and thinking about WoW? Sounds like you're not ready to move on yet.
    Probably for the same reason as me. I haven't really played wow in the past 6 months but I still like to come on here and see what's up. I still like the game I just hate what they did to it so I don't play it. Hard concept I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Also, it probably won't need to last 7-9 months, since we have a new expansion coming soon.

also, it might be another 7-9 months before MoP hits, 6 months at the very least imo.

I gotta ask though, what is Demon Soul? Never heard of that!

Deleted
    >Clear normal mode.

>Yell at forums how easy the raid is and never try heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They can't do heroic?
    Yeah.

That's the point I'm making.

He's saying normal mode is to easy. Well DUH! It's normal mode. His guild and him are obviously a hardmode only guild. He needs to stop complaining about normal mode where he does NOT belong.

Quote Originally Posted by pirAa View Post
    >Clear normal mode.

Normal mode shouldn't be farmed in less then 2 hours on day 1. Thats a little over simple instance (especially since this is suppose to last us for almost another year...).

Also you can't do herioc mode till next week, so moot point.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I actually love the fact that LFR is EZ - that's exactly what it was meant to be and is perfectly fine that the first four bosses are able to be done in 45 minutes...

But...beating the normal modes on the first night? No... that is not what I was expecting at all and think it should be slightly harder if that's true.

If anything, it should've been more like 1 or possibly 2 bosses a raid night... tops.

Heroic should still punch you in the face and laugh at you. :P
    This more has to do with the time between bosses (trash pulls) rather then the bosses themselves.

For example, MC/BWL had a TON of trash to clear, which is why it took hours to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    Yeah.

He's saying normal mode is to easy. Well DUH! It's normal mode. His guild and him are obviously a hardmode only guild. He needs to stop complaining about normal mode where he does NOT belong.
    LFR = over easy for casuals and people who don't have time to raid
    Normal = harder then LFR, requires some type of group coordination and shouldn't be cleared 8/8 in less then 2 hours.
    Herioc = yell at your computer for hours trying to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Normal mode is normal.

You want hard, do Heroic.
    Remember normal mode in Burning Crusade, Tempest Keep? The trash before Kael'Thas? The trash that easily wiped a 25 man group... Probably not.

Maybe I can get something more recent for you... Do you remember Omnitron Defense System? There were not very many people who one shot that... even 2 or 3 shot that...

Hell, remember Alysrazor on Normal? Did you one shot that?

I'm sorry. Normal now is like doing normal in heroic gear two tiers higher than the content. And I will be doing heroic. I hope it is a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    also, it might be another 7-9 months before MoP hits, 6 months at the very least imo.
    Pretty sure MoP will hit 1 month before the annual deal ends.

This way they can utilize the 11 months fully while giving you a carrot
    to buy MoP as you have 1 month playtime left on your deal.

>Clear normal mode.

obviously, you don't get it.
    Most people including myself didn't expect it to be HARD, just something worth doing, where you need a bit more than pressing 2 buttons and have the fight done. If the first time you're doing it, it's already boring, not challenging, a hard mode will either be challenging the first 2 weeks, or overtune. Either way, like it was in normal mode now, it could have been a troll 5man dungeon, I wouldn't have seen a difference in the difficulty.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

You can't compare this to other normal modes getting cleared quickly, because most of the time they were cleared quickly by top 25 guilds. This instance, like some others have said, is being cleared by guilds that only managed to kill Shannox on Heroic in FL, post nerf. The ease of DS is not comparable to normal FL, Tot4W, BoT, or Blackwing. The level of difficulty is comparable to bosses in Tol Barad and the Naxx rehash. Normal mode feels like it should be the difficulty of the LFR mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    >Clear normal mode.

Damn right.. I mean I was hoping that we coudl earn some gear... to gear up for the heroics, normal progression of content, upgrades, so on and so forth.. I mean... I am disappointed. If we start working on Heroics next week, i feel jipped out of a whole tier of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    Damn right.. I mean I was hoping that we coudl earn some gear... to gear up for the heroics, normal progression of content, upgrades, so on and so forth.. I mean... I am disappointed. If we start working on Heroics next week, i feel jipped out of a whole tier of content.
    Welcome to firelands day 2. Faction change guild get 4/7 herioc and blizzard revoking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    Yeah.

Guilds that hadn't completed hard modes at all, or only a couple of them - POST NERF - are already done with DS normal. Even for normal mode, it is too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank, on the boss with slimes. this is what i do.

Pull.
    get threat
    get threat
    if yellow slime, shield wall
    get threat
    Thunder clap to rend all the little adds.
    get threat
    profit

I mean.. Really? I stood in that one spot so long my hooves grew roots. At one point i started texting a friend.

The most fun one so far was the one in the eye of eternity. It was still pretty easy but you had to do fun mechanics.

When you fail miserably at hard mode, you'll have plenty of time to farm normal mode.

Deleted
    Normal is insanely easy and everyone is 1 shoting this is a complete shock to everyone after tier 12 DAM HOLY SHIT HUGE SUPRISE. The heroic version of these bosses seem to have the potential to be of a somewhat decent dificulty but I think it will just be like t12 where all bosses apart from the last one (deathwing in this case) were straight out free loot.

I think they will most likely add another tier, or release the new expansion earlier than they did with the others because I doubt this tier will be on progress for more than 2-3 weeks.

As a tank, on the boss with slimes. this is what i do.

Pull.
    get threat
    get threat
    if yellow slime, shield wall
    get threat
    Thunder clap to rend all the little adds.
    get threat
    profit

I mean.. Really? I stood in that one spot so long my hooves grew roots. At one point i started texting a friend.

The most fun one so far was the one in the eye of eternity. It was still pretty easy but you had to do fun mechanics.

You mean run around with your head cut off?