Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Going to get a game-card if they are available when i pick up my copy of the game at the store. And i plan to play this game for years to come.

I'll be staying past the first month, there's no doubt about that. I'll be leveling all characters to 50, doing pvp, and even possibly dabbling in raiding content. Raiding content never interested me at all in WoW, but yet I have been with WoW for 2 years, it was the pvp after leveling that kept me interested in WoW, but here SWTOR actually has me interested in at least making an attempt to get into the raiding scene and if I don't end up liking raiding after all there is the pvp that I think looks fun.

Does it really only take a month for people to decide if they like a game? Are they playing a lot or a little?

For me it would take something ridiculously awful and out of left field for me to dismiss this game in under a month.

As you state yourself OP, I'll also play till I'm bored/not enjoying it anymore. How long that will be only time can tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I bought warhammer was like ah yea this is gonna be amazing..not even a week later I was back in WoW. Rift comes out I'm like finally a game that fixes some of the things I've hated about WoW bought it played 3-4 weeks quit went back to WoW. I'm not going to be making the same mistake again. I'm going to be smart wait until January when all the actual reviews are out see how well the server populations are doing, and then I'll make my decision. Either way I will not be unsubbing from WoW.

Deleted
    Same as you OP, same as you. Why pay for more than you get satisfaction for? One mistake I did with WoW was to continue playing despite not enjoying the game only because of in-game friends, won't let that happen again.

I will end up levelling up a couple of classes then choosing a main to focus on, and since I dont intend to rush to level cap straight off I imagine that I will be atleast resub a couple of times after exploring what the game has to offer and then if the group play really grabs me I will definately look for a raiding guild.

Pretty much the same opinion as the OP. If I'm still enjoying the game after a month, then I continue.

I'll be buying the best deal I can in terms of subscription because I've got at least 16 variations to take to max level (8 Class, 2 AC's).

I'm one of those guys with over a dozen level capped characters in WoW. Pretty sure on multiple occasions I deleted a max-level character to make room for a new one of the same class (Hunter and Mage).

Going to need more than 30 days for that.

Playing until you get tired of it is kind of a given for ANY game.

I know i'll play through all the class stories for the class i'm interested in, I might force myself to play into some of the classes I don't care for like smuggler just to see the story and see if it's interesting.

Whether I stay beyond seeing the story depends on how fun and interesting the end-game is.

I don't like PVP in MMOs because gear matters more than skill, I prefer it in skill-based games, so PVP is right out. It'll be all about the raiding. I hope it's fun, but we'll see.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Currently I'm headed for a year sub, but we'll see in a bit I guess.

I'm at least going to be trying out end game Raiding so probably more than a month, yes. I also intend to raise two classes to 50 as I'm not sure which is going to be my main and I'll need to gear them both out.

Unless I go into a coma or die, yeah I'll be playing it after the first month. I've never been so excited, and eager to play a game in my life. Going to really dig into it all, and I'm really excited for what bioware is going to bring in expansions. How they are going to expand on your class and companions stories. It's going to be like Mass Effect, but you can't save your character to see the other choices, you gotta live with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    More than a month most likely. My schedule isn't as free as it used to be so lvling will take some time and I'd like to make both an empire and republic toon at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    So a simple question!

Do you see yourself renewing after the 1st month (that comes with the purchase of the game)?

For me - I will play the game till i get bored, if its 1month or 5years it's all up to BioWare if they keep me intrested in their game or not.

How about you?
    Bought the CE, so yeah, that's a bit of an investment for just a month. :P

I plan on playing until I get bored... or GW2 comes out, whatever happens first I guess.

Took me 6 months to get bored of Rift so I'm hoping that this game keeps me interested for longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a silly question Pre-Launch.... But if had to answer? If what I experienced 1-14 in beta continues to get better as I level up, Id sub for a year.

My current standing is that i'll play my trooper tank on the republic side, and a sith inquisitor on the imperium side for both factions stories.
    The ratio of class vs. World/Side stories is to bad for me to play each side more then once, since i do not want to get a new space bar anytime soon.

But since the games is released shortly before christmas and new year holidays, i've a lot of spare time, and this means that i'll probably finish both sides by the end of month 1. So right now i'm very unlikely to subscribe after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Does it really only take a month for people to decide if they like a game? Are they playing a lot or a little?

For me it would take something ridiculously awful and out of left field for me to dismiss this game in under a month.
    I have a feeling most of the people who are only willing to give it "a month to see" honestly aren't opening themselves to the new idea of playing something they are uncomfortable handling. They might have already stated in their mind that they are going to leave after the month, but are forcing themselves to believe they are open-minded by opening the door to some out of the world, unexpected, reinvention to keep them hooked. People have always been resistant to change.

I'm not flaming anyone, some may have valid reasons, I'm just stating my opinion to the question posed. On topic, I'm going all in on SWTOR because my guild friends, with whom I played with over a year, left WoW last April, and I can't wait to play with them all again!
    Last edited by Jamber; 2011-12-01 at 01:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Ill likely be getting the 6 month sub, so I guess that's a yes.
    Yub Yub