Thread: So how is 4.3

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So how is 4.3

I'm currently unable to join back into the game due to insufficient funds at the moment. How is everyone liking 4.3? Will it be worth the wait when I get back?

Deleted
    I haven't been subbed for quite some time now so I can't really say.

But if I was to judge it based on the feedback on these and the official forums... It's pretty bad

well, pvpwise, nothing has started yet.

For the PVE side, you get 3 new dungeons, with tons of loot FAST, from either quests or the drops. All are 378 ilvl gear.
    You get LFR, which takes about 45min to clear 4 bosses (the 4 others will only be available from next week in LFR). Giving free loot, 384ilvl. I Already got 2 tokens for example on my pala, it's fast loot too if you're luck on roles. bosses are 1 shot or 2 shot.

The raid on normal, I only did the 4 first on my resto druid. They are easy too if you go with a guild group. it's not a dps check, it's not a healing check, it's basically a moron check both in LFR and normal, as if you avoid fires etc, it's a walk in the park.

LFR feels like BH, you go, pull, nuke and get loot. I personally don't really hate it, but it's not raiding for me, much like BH/VOA was for me more like a big 5man for easy gear and points.

You also get transmog for your gear. If you had something common, it will work fine. If you wanted the pvp lvl 60 set, and don't ahve the vanilla titles, forget it for now. Also, 1 problem I had was with my merciless main hand mace for my druid, it's one-hand, not main hand, and can't use it at the moment, because of that. Don't know if it's a bug or not.

Void storage is another addition, if you had a lot of gear you didn't want to throw away, it's a nice addition to get more bag space.

Overall, it's for you to judge, I don't know what you like. I personally could do raid finder on 2 characters, and all dungeons too. and a 10man raid with my druid. Transmog gear was already set before, so it took 1min per character, same as void storage, takes about 15min for the Bank --> NPC, couple trips.

It's definitely fast, very fast if you were already in 378 ilvl, with valor from last season/patch. Then 5man dungeons won't give you much upgrades, LFR will maybe, but it's done rather fast, and you can only get gear once a week from each boss. You can clear the normal raids within about 4h with a normal guild.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

It's really fun! The features I've checked out so far have exceeded my expectations and I'm really happy.

Hope you get some funds soon. I advise you to ignore both extremes of forum posts (those that outright hate and love it), subscribe for a month for $15 and check it out for yourself, once you can afford it. The forums aren't always such a great way to judge.

Ask me and I'll say it's awesome and to go for it, but ask someone else and they'll say the opposite. So if you can afford it, and it interests you, give it a go! You can always unsub after the first month if you change your mind.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Deleted
    So far the dungeons are a joke, did them all with pug in 1 run without dying on my ilvl365 rogue.
    Zandalari was so much harder at day 1. Countless wipes with pugs

For my opinion, I'm not Woo'd. Transmog is cool, but I have no interest in Dragon Soul or the new dungeons. So the game feels the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    For my opinion, I'm not Woo'd. Transmog is cool, but I have no interest in Dragon Soul or the new dungeons. So the game feels the same to me.
    Are you looking forward to the new Darkmoon Faire?
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
    So far the dungeons are a joke, did them all with pug in 1 run without dying on my ilvl365 rogue.
    Zandalari was so much harder at day 1. Countless wipes with pugs
    ...and over one million subscribers left between then and now.

Countless wipes =/= fun. I'd rather have joke-difficulty dungeons than countless wipe dungeons...

It's easy. The raid and dungeons are easy so far. Clearing DS on an alt as we speak, 10 man (non-LFR). The raid itself is meh, the mechanics are simple, mildly fun and creative, but not really though.

Transmog is kinda cool though, and I wasn't looking forward to that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Deleted
    I' ve found 4.3 exciting.

Something new to do, firelands bored me a bit.

Deleted
    I've been off raiding for 1 month, Not logged in for the last 2 weeks. Logged in Today and dug up my dusty pala, specced prot and im now gearing up
    For me it's super fun.

As a pvper, I wish they would implement a new BG each time they release a new Raid. It doesn't have to be a BRAND new, new objective bg, but how about some new scenery? Make another WSG or AB type map and just make it look different and throw a different name on it. That would make PvPers happy and would give us something new to look at since Raiders get a new instance.

Best patch in the coolest expansion. simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post

But if I was to judge it based on the feedback on these and the official forums... It's pretty bad
    keep in mind people come to the forums to bitch, i on the other hand and my guild have been enjoying 4.3 a lot.
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Deleted
    pvp is fun i got 550 conquest points today you can easily get capped in a week bye bye 2v2

Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    keep in mind people come to the forums to bitch, i on the other hand and my guild have been enjoying 4.3 a lot.
    well, it's enjoyable because it's fresh, you get new upgrades fast, lots of people are online.
    But that won't last long, since the difficulty is a lot lower than before, things take a lot less time to do (the 5mans are faster than the trolls ones), and so, you get gear a lot faster.
    4 Dungeons, + 2 LFR (try to join one with 2/4 then requeue and wait for a 0/4) get you already almost 70% of the valor points for the week. that really doesn't take time at all, never been this fast to cap on VP. (I'm almost 70% caped on 2 characters).

We'll have to see, but having done about 70% of the content on 2 characters in 1 day, I know my fun and will to do them will fade in a couple weeks.
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    As a pvper, I wish they would implement a new BG each time they release a new Raid. It doesn't have to be a BRAND new, new objective bg, but how about some new scenery? Make another WSG or AB type map and just make it look different and throw a different name on it. That would make PvPers happy and would give us something new to look at since Raiders get a new instance.
    I saw this suggestion posted a week or so back, possibly by yourself. It was something that had never occurred to me, but actually makes a lot of sense. The only problematic thing I see is that if Blizz did as you said - and just implement some new scenery, but the same objectives/etc - then people would voice their displeasure about it and kind of ruin it. (Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing distaste, so long as it's constructive.)

I'm up and down with PvP, so I'm not what you'd call an avid PvP'er, however I really think this idea has a lot of merit.

Actually, working on your idea, what about the same battlegrounds, but a bit of an objective shift? Like maybe in WSG, you have to RETURN three flags instead of cap them. To make it work, they'd have to make it so if your team wasn't holding your own flag, you couldn't return the enemy's. Anyway just an idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post

I wouldn't say "bad"... just "easier than expected."

Sounds to me like LFR is absolutely perfect in its delivery - an EZ mode that you can down the first four bosses in under an hour with little to no trouble with a 25 man pug...

...but Normal Dragon Soul sounds to be a bit undertuned and sounds a bit easier than what people were expecting. Apparently there have been full-clear on day 1... even my own old casual 25 man guild cleared the first half of the raid zone on Day 1.

People are apparently saying the same thing about all the new dungeons... that they're very easy and you hardly risk a wipe. It's up to you if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

As far as Transmog goes... sounds like it's OK - though people don't like that you have to constantly pay to take stuff in/out of void storage - and that apparently you can't use the new tier loot to transmog to other gear (though I'm not sure why you would want to...). also sounds like there's some glitches in stuff you can transmog - like level 60 PVP rank-loot and such.

Darkmoon Isle hasn't been seen yet as its next week.

I'm loving 4.3 (and for the record: I do a little bit of pvp, mostly raiding tho -- mostly normals but some heroics).

Transmog is awesome, the new dungeons are fun (last boss of End Time may be my favorite 5-player encounter ever), LFR is a cool new way to pass the time outside of guild raidnights.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

4.3 = Pure Win!

The new dungeons are quite exciting, lots of lore for geeks like me.

Tried the Raid Finder with a bit of suspicion, but was quite surprised to be able to complete all available bosses!

Dragon Soul normal mode appears to be acessible. Haven´t tried yet, since I don´t have a core right now... But guilds are progressing quite fast.

All in all, very good patch so far!

EDIT: Oh, forgot about transmog... Was not really excited for this, but tried some gear changes and the result was awesome!