Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Athlon x2 @2,8Ghz, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT.

1680x1050, Texture High rest tuned down. Constant 30-50 fps.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ran max settings on the beta with a GTX460 1028MB at 1920x1080; albeit the beta may have reduced settings than live but I was still having 70-120 FPS whilst playing.

intel i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz
    4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GTX460 1028MB

this is the card I have. (I think; had it nearly a year now): http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-e...2x-dl-dvi-i-mi and it's only £115.

The graphics are not that complex in this game, hell Infinity Blade ][ on my iPad has higher detail. I also ran it at 2560x1440 with a 4850M backed by a underwhelming 512mb on QC iMac and while my average was in the low 20s it was very playable even in warzones.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

my 6870 runs it on max settings with AA and anisotropic filtering forced to max through CCC at around 45-50 fps, good enough for me.

AA wasn't available in the beta weekend test, all the people here who mentioned max settings, did you actually force AA on?

Quote Originally Posted by Seekr View Post
    I enjoy playing games, I enjoy having nice graphics, but I don't enjoy spending big money. lol. I would like to upgrade my dual 240 GTS SLi cards with a single card that will allow me to play this game at its highest settings. Anyone have speculation as to what card that would be and about how much it would cost?
    You won't find a "cheap" card that can run iat _MAX_ settings on 1080p reso.

What budget are you looking at?

I ran at max setting with AA forced using a 6770 overclocked. I picked mine up for about 100.00 USD.

Deleted
    i have zotac amp! gtx 550ti and hexacore phenom 1605T and was running on max settings(1440x900) with forced AA through nvidia control panel. with loads of ppl on dromund kaas 45+ fps. and i can max out every single game on that resolution with 30+fps(including battlefield 3)

Deleted
    Anybody know how this card works out? Its the one I am looking to buy.

HIS ATI Radeon HD 6770 IceQ X Turbo 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    - Core Clock: 880MHz
    - Memory: 1024MB GDDR5
    - Memory Clock: 5000MHz (Effective)
    - Memory Interface: 128-Bit
    - Processing Cores: 800
    - Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.1
    - Display Connectors: 1 Dual-Link DVI-I, 1 HDMI 1.4a & 1x DisplayPort
    - HDCP Capable
    - DirectX 11 Support
    - OpenGL 3.2 Support
    - ATI CrossFire Ready
    - ATI Eyefinity Technology
    - ATI Avivo HD
    - ATI Stream Technology
    - ATI HD3D Technology
    - Warranty: 2 Years

Around £100 (UK Pounds)

I'm still using my old GTX 280 which I believe is on par with the GTX 460 - that will cost about $125 from where I've seen it. They had a couple left at my Best Buy when I was there last, although they were clearance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    I've got a fucking 4 year old GTX260 Sp216 and I play on max with 4xAA at 1680x1050. Sometimes the FPS drops bellow 30 though.

Go a gen up. If you can find a GTX460 (or the AMD equivalent), that would probably be good for all resolutions up to 1920x1080. Of course assuming your processor is good enough to handle the frame buffer.
    Yea, its not a very graphical game - the killer is shadows and you can turn them down and see very little difference for a big improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno I'd shy away from ATI after all the driver problems of late but that's just my opinion. I'd reckon a GTX560 would do it. I myself have a GTX460 but the rest of my PC is more than 4 years old so my GPU isn't really the bottleneck but I had severe issues in SW:TOR on high which got sorted once I turned off the shadows.

Deleted
    Depends on your resolution, I've got 2x560's in SLI.

At 1920x1080 with everything on max I was comfortably getting 100fps.

I was curious and disabled one card, and it dropped to 60 fps.

So there's your answer, a single gtx 560 ti will run the game on max with a decent fps.

Rule of Building:
    Never go cheap on your processor, graphics or motherboard. Spend the money and get those better products.
    Last edited by mmoc59eefffc0e; 2011-12-01 at 06:26 PM.

There are no gfx card tests yet as the beta had no AA and only mid-semi high game settings.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I run max settings on a Radeon 6850 with no FPs issues, cost around 120 bucks after rebates. Good time to buy.
    Bad time to buy, the 7000 series is going to be announced/released soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's not a graphical game" Why do I keep hearing this, try force AA or even Supersample, My Crossfire ATI HD 6970(2 cards) coulnd't even keep me on a stable 60 fps with that. so people sitting on low end cards that had settings locked to medium in beta and "maxed" out shadows etc on MEDIUM settings, please think again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Aqir View Post
    "It's not a graphical game" Why do I keep hearing this, try force AA or even Supersample, My Crossfire ATI HD 6970(2 cards) coulnd't even keep me on a stable 60 fps with that. so people sitting on low end cards that had settings locked to medium in beta and "maxed" out shadows etc on MEDIUM settings, please think again.
    AA gets a bit redundant when your at high resolutions
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqir View Post
    Settings were not locked to medium. Its a myth. Just like the BF3 settings myth that went out "its only on medium" - the settings were exactly the same on launch, nothing changed.

The settings on beta were set to High. Its not a very graphical game - mmo's in general are not.

I have been testing TOR with a NVIDIA Geforce 220 on max settings for months now. I think they are around $60 American now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
    I have been testing TOR with a NVIDIA Geforce 220 on max settings for months now. I think they are around $60 American now.
    i have 220GT (i assume we have the same 1?) and i ran the beta barley on low settings at 1080. What ress do u run on? VGA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    The graphics are not that complex in this game, hell Infinity Blade ][ on my iPad has higher detail. I also ran it at 2560x1440 with a 4850M backed by a underwhelming 512mb on QC iMac and while my average was in the low 20s it was very playable even in warzones.
    Rofl...I'm sorry, but 20 FPS is by no means 'playable' to most people. I won't settle for anything that consistently dips into the 40s.

OP, during this past weekend, I played with a GTX 460 SE on 'max' settings, and was getting 40-50 FPS. As others have said, the debugging and reporting programs running in the background had a big impact on that particular beta; on the other hand, we apparently weren't playing with high-res graphics, capped at medium.

I'm working on getting a second 460 SE to run SLI. Btw, my card is overclocked about as high as I can get it on air cooling. I'm running in the range of a base 560 as is. (minus cuda cores and whatnot, obviously.)