10+ Year Old Account

Confusion over macros, please help!

sorry if this is a question that has been repeatedly answered. I did a quick search and i could not seem to find a thread that answered my question.

here is my question:

im trying to find a macro that will cast dispell magic on me, i dont want to loose my current target ether.

the one i found makes a message pop up telling me that this function only works with official blizzard UI. this confuses me because i have never messed with my UI

i would love to find a macro that casts dispell magic on my self, without loosing my current target

maybe a macro that has target last target will work?

thanks for any of the help in advanced

/cast [target=player] Dispel Magic

should work, try your toon's name

You can also do it without a macro. The default ui has an option to pick a "Self Cast Key" and then you use that key with the keybinding for any other spell it will auto cast on yourself. Also if you use certain bar mods (like bartender) if you click some spells you can set it up for either right click or left click to be self casts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's not quite the same but I use the decursive add-on which allows you to dispell without targeting players. Personally I find it invaluable for healing but works for DPS as well as (I'm pretty sure healbot and vuhdo have the same options if you use one of those instead, but for me the default raid frames and decursive are all I need).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm they allow that now? I remember using Decursive in Vanilla, and then Blizz making it so you couldn't.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Decursive was working in wrath too... I stopped using it when blizz decided that spriests shouldn't decurse other people.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-12-01 at 08:38 PM. Reason: I fail at typing and ended up saying the exact opposit eof what I meant ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep decursive is still going and just got updated for 4.3. Just click on the box and instant dispell. It works great with mass dispell too because you can see who you missed.

I've been using decursive since I became the dispel/cleanse priest in ICC, both for Rotface and LK. Apparently the healers were all busy doing other things....:P

I also have my bars set so if I right click a spell on my bars, it is cast on myself.