Deleted

How do Juggs/Guards play out in PvP compared to Mara/Sent?

Hello,

I am basically requesting some feed back on how Juggs/Guards play out in comparison to Mara/Senti's? Strickly from a PvP perspective. I know the general play styles are similar, being build up focus and spend focus, but in terms of PvP Survivability, Burst and movement, which would you suggest?

Thanks for any information!

Kieran

Deleted
    well, pretty uninformed opinion here, but I think tank specced jedis are going to be extremely useful in faking out manoeuvres and holding points. I was finding in hutball, that if my team had the ball, I could go rambo on a group of 4 or so enemies, and pull them away from the ball carrier. They were so obessed with killing me, my team would score. Worked over and over

I expect when people start learning pvp tactics this will become less effective.

Just a little thing I thought I would mention

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    well, pretty uninformed opinion here, but I think tank specced jedis are going to be extremely useful in faking out manoeuvres and holding points. I was finding in hutball, that if my team had the ball, I could go rambo on a group of 4 or so enemies, and pull them away from the ball carrier. They were so obessed with killing me, my team would score. Worked over and over

I expect when people start learning pvp tactics this will become less effective.

Just a little thing I thought I would mention
    Thanks for the info, I can see this working to advantage as well, especially with guard/taunt abilities.

Just as a note though, when I say Jugg/Guard I don't just mean the tanking specs

I played a Juggernaut in PVP over two weekends. You really play them as a tank in PVP. Defending a Huttball carrier, or guarding a point in Alderaan, is what you're supposed to be doing. You can taunt other enemies so they do less damage to anyone other than you, or you can put up the guard ability on your healer, or the huttball carrier, and soak up a lot of the damage they take. You get medals for protecting your teammates from harm too.

You won't put out the DPS of a Marauder, but you can take a lot more damage, and support your team. And from looking at torhead, it seems at 50 you get an intervene type ability, that lets you leap to a friendly target. So as far as I know, they eventually get more mobility than the Marauder, but I could be wrong.

BTW: I was Immortal speced. Didn't test out the other specs that much, since I was only level 29.

Deleted
    If you want to be DPS in PvP go with the Mara or Sent, Jugg DPS trees are quite lacking. If you were going to be Jugg the tank tree brings so much more to the battle.

I played Mara and Jugg tank spec over the beta, and the Mara does some nice damage, but you can't do much of anything else. Jugg brings utility and survivability, and decent damage aswell, and putting guard on a ally taking damage really racks up points for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Thanks for the info, I can see this working to advantage as well, especially with guard/taunt abilities.

Just as a note though, when I say Jugg/Guard I don't just mean the tanking specs
    well I actually took the middle spec, taking 6% more melee dmg, double sunders and +strength / hit chance talents.

I felt very squishy at around lvl 12-15 but after that started feeling stronger in comparison to players around me as I approached lvl 20. As I say its a pretty uninformed opinion, as at these levels I think I would be fairly similar to a dual wielder anyway. I couldnt comment on later pvp when it gets more diverse.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the responses, the reason I ask is because my main focus will be PvP but also I will be doing some PvE content and kinda wanted to tank, so trying to find the right balance. I mean if mara totally out performed jugg then I would roll mara for PvP and roll something else for PvE but if Jugg is decent in both them im happy.

Deleted
    from what I have heard the dual wield jedis have a lack of cc in pvp, and were considered the weakest pvp class a few builds ago. Again time will tell after release how they balance classes for pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    from what I have heard the dual wield jedis have a lack of cc in pvp, and were considered the weakest pvp class a few builds ago. Again time will tell after release how they balance classes for pvp.
    I think your right, its all going to be balanced over time and changed over time anyway so I don't think its much of an issue. Anyway, again thanks for the responses and if anybody else wants to post in regards to Jugg/Mara pvp please feel free its all appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a good video with some responses by the author in the comments section. Hope it helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ik1QtNE9eg

well SW Jugg rage tree is somewhat similar to Arms (WoW), i did about 7 levels in WZ with it and it was rather good, we lack a proper CC at low level, so it seems they are weak compared to all the other 3 classes, at level 24 we get that important OP CC and its fun fun fun from there on, at least in my experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObgTQZ_W9DY
    Last edited by Lusitan; 2011-12-01 at 04:57 PM.