to account for heavnely voice

what are people taking points out of?

My Holy Spec - very hastily made, I didn't think about it too terribly much since I'd gotten home 10 minutes after raid time was supposed to begin.

If I had to choose points to move, they'd come from body and soul. Blessed Resilience seems far too valuable in this tier. I probably need darkness 3.

^That's the spec I swapped to on Tuesday. Works well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darbok View Post
    what are people taking points out of?
    Nothing. Using the exact same spec as pre-patch. I feel it's an improvement, so no need to spec out of it.

I used to play Holy as my main spec, and as such I'm making it my offspec. The spec I'm going with is http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfhrRR0rksdoh, or some variation of it. The points in serendipity, Divine Touch, and SoR are variable depending on your needs and playstyle, and the encounter itself.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

I pretty much gave up on all of the renew talents

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary

Note: HW:Sanc benefits from both Mental Agility & Inner Will now.. with 3/3 and IW it costs just over 6k mana.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Surge of light. I very rarely cast those spells unless I'm tank healing, and when I tank heal I go disc.

Deleted
    whats the point of blessed recovery? im using a different spec:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...talent/primary

and just going 1/3 mental agility because we will get more spirit+int with new gear making mana talents a little bit outdated. but have to see how hardmodes turn out to be and maybe i will go back 3/3. i havent seen the need for speed shields so far, so i didnt specc into them atm.

edit: yes surge of light is mostly a filler talent so is serendipity in my opinion, maybe im going to specc out of one of them soon in favor for speedshields if they come handy for hardmodes, yet to see.
    Last edited by mmoc09207c29b6; 2011-12-01 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tasi View Post
    whats the point of blessed recovery? im using a different spec:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...talent/primary

and just going 1/3 mental agility because we will get more spirit+int with new gear making mana talents a little bit outdated. but have to see how hardmodes turn out to be and maybe i will go back 3/3. i havent seen the need for speed shields so far, so i didnt specc into them atm.

edit: yes surge of light is mostly a filler talent so is serendipity in my opinion, maybe im going to specc out of one of them soon in favor for speedshields if they come handy for hardmodes, yet to see.
    The point of Blessed Resillience is that we have no natural damage reduction talents.. and when it comes to progression on Heroic modes they can be game breaking... so instead of damage reduction we get bonus healing on ourselves. It's worth it alone for the DP + BR combo and a boosted heal from DP for 50k. I'm sad that I had to even take 1 point out but SoR can be pretty clutch in early progression for any fight.

As for mana, CoH got a mana cost increase (with Glyph) and Sanc benefits from Mental Agi.. so those are reasons enough to pick up MA
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

on blessed resilience:

bind -> poh is our highest throughput hardcast combo, hands down. It's also extremely efficient. 30% bonus self healing any time I need it translates into free serendipity triggers. It's not only a throughput boost, it effects healing efficiency.

If you're talking about dropping serendipity I think you haven't thought about how to use it effectively. Any time I see my own health bar go down, I think - nom nom, keep it coming. Seriously - simulate PoH/CoH spam vs bind-PoH spam in Ch:sanc, using bind is a tremendous throughput overdrive because of serendipity. BR makes it even better.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-12-01 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said so long to my 2 points in Inner Focus. I've also moved my 2 points from Inspiration to Divine Touch since I'm now partnered with a Resto Shaman who does the back up Tank healing (also have a HPala). Though the change to Serenity has made me a very happy camper when I've had to step in when one of them goes AFK on trash. I finally see BIG green numbers!!! \o/

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.