New Glyph of Shadow

Well I have just tried out the new glyph of shadow and I couldn't see any difference in my appearance in shadow at all.

Are my eyes just old and tired or am I missing something here....

There's a huge difference (I almost can't even tell the difference from being out of Shadowform).

Make sure after you use the glyph, get out of Shadowform and go back in for it to take effect. Otherwise you'll still see your dark shadowy self.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you always have yourself targeted?
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

I noticed a subtle difference until I stood next to another shadow priest who didn't have it. At that point I could tell how huge of a difference it really is. It is also quite noticeable when you are on mounts.

The glyph removes the transparency of Shadow Form and you can now see the color of worn gear.
    It's a very drastic change, to the point where a Shadow priest could mistakenly go into a fight out of form.

Personal preference I guess, but I'm too attached to the old look to ever use this glyph.

15+ Year Old Account
    What you likely did was - got into shadowform - applied glyph of shadow - were very dissapointed.

What you need to do is get out of shadowform - apply glyph of shadow - get into shadowform.

It updates the graphic on next cast not instantly so you need to recast shadowform to see it ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    It was like night and day to me, I don't understand how you didn't notice. Are you maybe running the game on extremely low graphics settings or something? I'm on ultra myself, and there was a noticeable difference. Very satisfied with this glyph, that's for damn sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    It's a very drastic change, to the point where a Shadow priest could mistakenly go into a fight out of form.
    I lost count of the number of times I thought I wasn't in shadowform in the middle of a fight when we were raiding on Tuesday. I am getting used to it now, but now I am super worried that when I get used to it I will forget to get back into shadowform after I pop DH in a raid lol.

SkillOverKill is also correct. When I first put equiped that glyph nothing changed and I was slightly annoyed; but I popped out of shadowform and back in and it was immediately different.

Deleted
    I have been using a massive power aura to tell me I'm not in shadow form for a while now. Happened too many times

I just have shadowform bound to '3' which is my VT when in form, seems to work itself out quickly even if i don't notice right away

15+ Year Old Account
    I was super paranoid after I used the glyph that I wasn't in shadowform so I kept scanning my buffs to find the icon - but thats a dangerous thing to do on progression even if the normal fights are pretty cake. So I actually swapped the glyph out until the end of the raid and then put it back on for looks (since my season 3 is too beautiful to not be seen!)

I will likely setup a power aura for shadowform now though - with a combat requirement - so don't need to glyph swap this before/after every raid.

Deleted
    Too often you can't see yourself in raids and I think it is wise to create a Weak or Power Aura for it with or without glyph.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it, like it so I'll keep using it. No issues telling whether I'm in form or not, there's still the wispy tendrils/purple smoke thing going on.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I lost count of the number of times I thought I wasn't in shadowform in the middle of a fight when we were raiding on Tuesday.
    I'm using Power Auras to show a giant icon of Shadowform spell at the left side of the screen when i'm in combat and not in shadowform pretty hard to miss try it

A useful macro for not forgetting shadowform, replace your vampiric touch ability with this. It casts shadowform if you are not in it, and vampiric touch if you are.

/cast [noform] !Shadowform
    /cast Vampiric Touch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    A useful macro for not forgetting shadowform, replace your vampiric touch ability with this. It casts shadowform if you are not in it, and vampiric touch if you are.

/cast [noform] !Shadowform
    /cast Vampiric Touch
    Good idea! ^^

*approve*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite the noticeable difference, like said several times before

(Source)