Deleted

4pc Tier13 extremely weak for Disc?

So ive been looking at several 4set bonusses acros the healer classes. And it struck me how weak the 4 piece bonus for disc is.
    Now I hope people will prove my rough math wrong but the way I see it is following.

Lets assume a fight lasts 6mins and we keep shields up on both tanks without fail. Now seeing shield spamming is definetly something of the past
    I only use shields on the raid when absolutly needed as its extremely taxxing on mana and not great in terms of throughput anymore compared to what it
    was. So thats roughly 50 shields a fight on the tanks and lets see 10 extra shields for the raid to prevent the nasty moments.

Now 10% of 60 would be 6 shields that will recieve the 100% bonus which would amount to roughly 200k extra absorbs in my gear. 200k extra healing on a 6 min figth seems totally trivial to me to gear for. Now I checked that Holy Paladin set the other day and noticed the 4piece gives a flat out 30% bonus to HR.
    Seeing the healing done by HR by our Paladin in certain fights this can EASILY amount to a healingincrease from 5 to 10% per fight not even mentioning the Illuminated healing increase.

Another thing that puzzles me the way the rapture proc will work. Say you just had a normal rapture proc of 11K mana and you shield a second target (offtank) and you get the double absorb proc from the 4set. Does this mean the coresponding double rapture proc goes to waste just because its on CD?
    Lets do another bit of math. The CD on rapture is 12 secs so that means 5 procs a minute if you're totally godlike at timing. Thats 30 procs a fight in a 6 min fight which means that you get 3 double rapture procs which would amount to 33K mana in my current gear.
    Im not sure but this seems equal or less than the 2 piece tier12 Divine fire bonus granted procs dont go to waste on ICDs and you are perfectly timing your Rapture CD.

Another question is why the Disc bonus is based on Chance rather than a solid increase in Duration or Throughput of a spell?

I really hope some people totally correct my math and set me straight cause Im a bit let down by my own findings of the new Tier13 set bonus ,
    and I really love healing as Disc!

Discus!

It's a bonus for a reason but hell it's better for us than it is for Holy, they got screwed in the 4pc this tier. Either way 200K over a 6 minute fight is still better than nothing, now would the 2pc from T12 give us more mana in that 6 min fight would be the question, you really need something to compare it to otherwise the numbers are just simply numbers and RNG can always make it better or worse.

4pc for holy is misunderstood, in fact I'm betting the 4pc will boost my hps by a significant amount.

22sec cd on 18sec sanc is incredible. 8 sec HW:Serenity is pretty impressive too.

Either way yes, it's not just priests that get the shaft. Look at the set bonuses for all healers, none of them are very good. I remember there were rumors that the t12 4pc were all getting ninja nerfs to account for it. Did this ever happen?

@OP

You make a good point about Rapture and the 4 piece bonus. If your Rapture is on ICD, will the Rapture bonus part of the 4 piece proc be wasted? Judging by the way it is currently worded, I think this is true unfortunately. We'll know for sure soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    4pc for holy is misunderstood, in fact I'm betting the 4pc will boost my hps by a significant amount.

22sec cd on 18sec sanc is incredible. 8 sec HW:Serenity is pretty impressive too.

Either way yes, it's not just priests that get the shaft. Look at the set bonuses for all healers, none of them are very good. I remember there were rumors that the t12 4pc were all getting ninja nerfs to account for it. Did this ever happen?
    Holy Pally 4piece says, "Hi."

Considering what I've seen so far from WoLogs, Holy Radiance is HUGE for Pally now. And a straight up 20% buff? Pshaw.