Thread: Ultraxion 10m

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ultraxion 10m

How many people need to stay and soak the hour of twilight in 10 man?

Thanks in advance!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And i believe is nearly possible solo tank it, at least as a paladin. But yeah is safe with 2,

Divine Protection Glyphed is enough, tol barad trinket must be etc. is 300k not shared before absorbs and reduction

It's quite possible as a warrior as well. Shieldwall for the first Hour of Twilight, Last Stand & Shield Block for the second, rinse and repeat. (Though you should time it well)

I dont see how you would solo tank it with the Fading Light debuff. May have mixed up the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Excryption View Post
    I dont see how you would solo tank it with the Fading Light debuff. May have mixed up the name.
    It'd be a bit of a pain, but doable. Whoever is second on threat just has to be sturdy enough to not die in the 5 second he'll be taking melee hits.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    It'd be a bit of a pain, but doable. Whoever is second on threat just has to be sturdy enough to not die in the 5 second he'll be taking melee hits.
    Or taunt 1 second before he casts Fading Light, then the MT just taunts back immediately after.

Fading light is not on a definite timer and is instant cast.

going to try 3 healers.

The lowest dps in our group is jumping between 22-24k highest 25-27k. Would that suffice for a 3 healer setup?

In any event my main concern was i didnt know how many people had to soak Hour or Twilight in a 10 man group

thanks all for your input

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the current tank, and each tank will have to take turns in getting hit with the hour of twilight...

It hits super hard, so best to use your cooldowns so it doesn't kill you in one hit!!! without cooldowns used it hits for like 300k. with CDs i was getting hit for about 150k.

So tanks just switch between fading light and hour of twilight.

I was a tank for this fight, and took us 3 attempts to get it right.

Did 2 healers. The healing seemed really easy till around 20% and then it just suddenly gets really hard. Nothing some well timed raid heals couldn't handle though. I (holy priest) grabbed the red crystal and used it the whole fight. Our other healer (Disc priest) got green and tank healed and then got blue at the end and starting spamming AoE heals with me.

How does the end of the fight work? Towards the end everyone takes insane amounts of damage. I take it that's when you pop hero/lust etc and just burn?

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    How does the end of the fight work? Towards the end everyone takes insane amounts of damage. I take it that's when you pop hero/lust etc and just burn?
    Idd. Pop Lust/Hero rotate deff CDs and make sure dps use their CDs and it will be cake. But as posters above said you need decent raid dps.

Wouldn't it be easier to have a spriest disperse or a fire mage with cauterize take the blast?

Hour of Twilight isn't resistable so don't try with Aura Mastery or TB trinket. We just used Dispersion, Deterence and tanks as our soakers. But there are so many more classes that can do it, and you have to remember you can also use outisde cd's on people soaking.

My group used a rotation of hunter deterences, rogue cloaks and pally bubbles to soak the hour of twilight. Worked for us.
    We also two healed it with our disc priest grabbing red buff and using it the whole fight and me as our resto druid grabbing green and then blue when its up then.
    Keeping rejuv running on everyone with swiftmend and wildgrowth in between along with a good tranq seemed to keep people alive after 20%.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    just one.. if you have a dk tank (maybe other tanks can do this too) you can just soak every single one with ams/bone shield, which simplify things a little.

For 10s a rogue can also stay in with CoS up. They take no damage.
    In the battle between good and evil, evil has more fun.