Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you have lag issues on this boss disabling recount or skada (and other addons that work with analyzing combat text) might help, in case that contributes to low dps on this one.

Well i was doing 26k last night on our guild first 25m kill

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the timing of the twilights I'm sure. Can really throw you off. I just try to make sure nothing will fall off while I'm out of the twilight, think I was sixth When we downed him tonight so I'm not gonna complain too much.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    All but the first boss I did with 11% hit and I think it went fine http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5494&e=5556
    If you take into account that you have a legendary staff, your dps was actually surprisingly low. Not bad at all, but a few thousand less than expected with that kind of remark.

Not meant as badmouthing, mind you, just that you can probably improve your rotation somehow.
    Last edited by mmoc4ff8d1e1a8; 2011-12-02 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkestis View Post
    If you take into account that you have a legendary staff, your dps was actually surprisingly low. Not bad at all, but a few thousand less than expected with that kind of remark.
    i second that, although this is partly due to the lack of a +magic damage taken debuff in the raid.

@op: personally, i got to about 31k dps (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10725&e=11044, player: snurp), while taking every other boss ae with dispersion (glyphed) and channeling both divine hymn and hymn of hope. maybe you should try to time yout dots a little bit better (make sure they don't fall of while you are dispersing/ going into the shadowrealm).

as lupaca said, deactivating your recount (if you use one) can work wonders with the fps, especially during the last 25% with bloodlust. skada shouldn't be this problematic though, but recount has performance issues for a few days nearly every patch.

You don't need stopcasting in that macro, the button does that for you anyway.

Deleted
    I dont know if it's that bad. I did 33k dps with DI yesterday, and that's with 388 ilvl (no legendary) and dispersion glyph. Keep dots up, mind blast properly, manage your cooldowns, procs and pot and you should be doing competetive dps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8239&e=8556

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    All but the first boss I did with 11% hit and I think it went fine http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5494&e=5556
    I dont know about that, I think you have some clear issues with DoT uptime and dps in general looking at your two Ultraxiton attempts only. - maybe it's time to get closer to the hit cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkestis View Post

Not meant as badmouthing, mind you, just that you can probably improve your rotation somehow.
    Yes, I know my DPS is low, But it usually are on first kills so next week that will improve

[QUOTE=Funkthepunk;14465796]I dont know if it's that bad. I did 33k dps with DI yesterday, and that's with 388 ilvl (no legendary) and dispersion glyph. Keep dots up, mind blast properly, manage your cooldowns, procs and pot and you should be doing competetive dps.

Yes, since I got new shoulders yesterday from 359 > 397 I lost really much hit, and my RNG with the dots was really bad but fixed that hit problem now and should be better next week.
    Last edited by Kassina; 2011-12-02 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I dont know if it's that bad. I did 33k dps with DI yesterday, and that's with 388 ilvl (no legendary) and dispersion glyph. Keep dots up, mind blast properly, manage your cooldowns, procs and pot and you should be doing competetive dps.

Sounds about right. I did ~33k with leggy but no DI. Death from "what is this debuff? do i have to press something?" not included.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/1w0hq...?s=6396&e=6686

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, as a warlock I try to perfect my DoT uptime, which I guess Shadowpriests do as well. Then if you actually miss a spell, you either need addons to notice it INSTANTLY, or you'll basically lose some precious seconds of DoT uptime. That is why I hitcap, and recommend anyone else to do so as well.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Yeah same issue, i usually do 30k dps on baleroc (no Lock, no Legendary, no 4pc12 @ 381 ilevel) and i barely hit 22K on that fight.

My dots never falls off.

High resistance against our damage source?

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Personally, as a warlock I try to perfect my DoT uptime, which I guess Shadowpriests do as well. Then if you actually miss a spell, you either need addons to notice it INSTANTLY, or you'll basically lose some precious seconds of DoT uptime. That is why I hitcap, and recommend anyone else to do so as well.
    Most addons have a bit of a lag in showing you if your dot missed. For example if someone uses shadow timers it will show that the dot was refreshed because you cast it, but then it'll randomly drops off a second or two later because the addon realized that you actually missed. If say however you use the target frame and look at that you can instantly see if you missed and can immediately recast. Running below hit cap is all about how you manage misses when they happen.

On the topic of Ultraxion, one issue that can really hurt your dps is if you get the Fading Light debuff a lot that can REALLY cut into your dps time (reminds be of the damn magic debuff on Sindragosa). You can mitigate it some by making sure all your dots won't fall off, and try to squeeze out another MB/MF cast before you hit Heroic Will... though any time where you aren't doing something will take away from the amount of dps you can do.

this happened to me also, my dps on baleroc was about 25k+ and on ultraxion i barely get to the 22k point -__-

Combat logs are going to be a mess for Ultraxion.

Anytime you go down your personal log will show you lower than you actually are.
    Anytime your logging person goes down; everyone else will show lower on the logs than they actually are.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering the same thing, I have downed him on my Shadow Priest and am on him on my Affliction Lock right now. There is a dps loss on this fight but I am unsure if it is due to maybe he takes less shadow damage, his damage causing casting push back or just the simple fact that Dot Classes seem to suck on this fight. Both of my toons are roughly 380 and everything is chanted and jeweled correctly. I use dot timer and have been a dot class for a long time so I know how to keep them up. I just do not know what is going on, whether it is just recount is f'd on this fight or what the issue is. It showed me doing anywhere from 20k - 24k. I can do 20k on a training dummy. WTF LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Most addons have a bit of a lag in showing you if your dot missed. For example if someone uses shadow timers it will show that the dot was refreshed because you cast it, but then it'll randomly drops off a second or two later because the addon realized that you actually missed. If say however you use the target frame and look at that you can instantly see if you missed and can immediately recast. Running below hit cap is all about how you manage misses when they happen.

On the topic of Ultraxion, one issue that can really hurt your dps is if you get the Fading Light debuff a lot that can REALLY cut into your dps time (reminds be of the damn magic debuff on Sindragosa). You can mitigate it some by making sure all your dots won't fall off, and try to squeeze out another MB/MF cast before you hit Heroic Will... though any time where you aren't doing something will take away from the amount of dps you can do.
    I do not use ShadowTimers myself but have you tried to change how often the onUpdate() function should update? What do you mean by most addons by the way? Weak Auras works fine for me and I haven't noticed this delay.

It is just poor programming if they check spell cast instead of spell success or something similar.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2011-12-03 at 07:09 PM.

I pull between 24 and 27k on that fight, would be higher if not for the frequent pauses. Just learn to line up you CDs properly and it's not that big an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    Use this Macro;

/Stopcasting
    /Click ExtraActionButton1

Press this when you are 1/2 seconds before the end of the cast, it will use the twilight zone button and stop your casting. Downtime can be a killer of DPS. Luckily as a rogue we can cloak a few of them per kill. But even when I'm zoning it's for no more than a second or so.
    This macro is not required. Heroic Will will pull you out of the Twilight Realm regardless of you being in the middle of a cast or channel. The ability has its own /stopcasting built into its use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    This macro is not required. Heroic Will will pull you out of the Twilight Realm regardless of you being in the middle of a cast or channel. The ability has its own /stopcasting built into its use.
    Are you sure? I recall our Warlock blaming his death on that the button didn't cancel his cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I do not use ShadowTimers myself but have you tried to change how often the onUpdate() function should update? What do you mean by most addons by the way? Weak Auras works fine for me and I haven't noticed this delay.
    I was speaking pretty generally. I know I when I was gathering information for my Hit Cap FAQ I had found a lot of complaints from people about DoTs randomly disappearing when they thought they were up with different addons (specifically Shadowtimers and Event Horizon stick out in my memory). I don't know if the other addons have since fix'ed that (I know Shadowtimers hasn't) but it was something I wanted to mention because it is important for people who don't always have hit cap to be aware of that because one of the keys to making not having hit cap work is to be able to react instantly to a miss.

So basically I said most when I probably should have said some.