Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic quest is epic. Unless someone is going to start boosting the retards this will keep them away even from the stage one versions

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    1. will you get phased out?
    2. is it possible to team up with people that are not on the quest? (for example a friend healer)
    3. which consumables are good to take along?
    1- As fas as i know you are phased outside the normal gilnean city.
    2- You can't team up with people that don't have the quest, but you have team up with other rogues that have the quest.

The stealth in part was so much fun I did not want it to end. Should make that into a mini game like the plants vs zombies just for rogues :P
    The boss part was rather easy if you keep moving out of his "void" zones and interrupt his cast with recup going.

Quote Originally Posted by logobola View Post
    The stealth in part was so much fun I did not want it to end. Should make that into a mini game like the plants vs zombies just for rogues :P
    It was fun, except for the part where other rogues would mess up and drag the npcs over me. >_<

Deleted
    Maybe some feedback is in order:

I succeeded this afternoon in getting Creed down.

I stayed in assassination spec for the entire time. And yes I can tell it is not recommendable.
    It took me an hour and a half to get through the city (had several other people screwing up my attempts (unwillingly though) so I had to restart a lot.

After several 10-15% wipes I was really considering flying back to the city for a respec, but a last attempt I could succeed at about 5% health.
    Another rogue that just zoned in probably had the easiest kill of his life.

The most annoying part was the crap that was lying on the floor (especially on the right side), and which was actually not that easy to see, and that costed me several attempts because I bumped into them when runniong from the void zones.
    The kill itself took me about 1h40 to succeed. (goddamn 2 minute res timers ftl)

So total time around 3h15

My advice to future attempts from other people:
    1.stay on the left side of the area as much as possible, there is a lot less crap on the floor.
    2. yes use Mindnumbing poison on the mainhand, it makes a huge difference. (thanks for the advice given)
    3. if you really think upfront this will be an underwhelming fight and are looking for a real challenge, then by all means go assassination spec. (I was on the edge of deskthrowing, I can assure you. I cannot recommend it to others.)
    And this is not to brag because I did it in assasination spec, I guess it was because I just kept pushing until I got lucky, and not so much because I am good. (I am still convinced I am not)
    4. I tried several routes for the stealth part, but the one on the video was for me the succesful one. (although the execution was a bit different here and there)

I am quite convinced that the phase 1 daggers are not so easily obtainable as most people thought it would be upfront.
    I still think this fight needs a pretty well execution of your skills : recuperate, kidney shot, gouge, blind, bandage and pots.
    So I don't think the regular LFR people that wander into a 3/8 to loot the ring will have an easy time obtaining these 397 daggers.

So thanks again for the advice given.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    I am quite convinced that the phase 1 daggers are not so easily obtainable as most people thought it would be upfront.
    I still think this fight needs a pretty well execution of your skills : recuperate, kidney shot, gouge, blind, bandage and pots.
    So I don't think the regular LFR people that wander into a 3/8 to loot the ring will have an easy time obtaining these 397 daggers.

So thanks again for the advice given.
    You can't do the quest in the LFR version. But yeah it is that easy. I didn't do it assassination, but I honestly don't see anything that would make it substantially harder (though I do agree combat is far more suited for it). I wouldn't use mind numbing though, too much of a dps loss, and considering I kicked maybe 3-4 casts total when I did it, not worth it. I'd rather eat the damage and burst him to p2 where its even easier. I also didn't gouge (meant to put it on my pve bar but didn't) and in hind sight, I don't think its worth the energy. I would have probably just done a full burn pve rotation on him (with KS stun on cd though) and popped every cd right away to push him. I can't help but think that maybe there was something you're missing, but I don't think I can go kill him again or I'd try it assassination.

Sorry that this probably comes across as rude, but I just disagree that this is even a minor barrier to getting p1 daggers based on my rofl stomp of him and the numerous reports of other people doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by aislinn View Post
    It was fun, except for the part where other rogues would mess up and drag the npcs over me. >_<
    Omg now that caused me to rage massively as I did the stealth section. Why the hell didn't they just instance it like the staff quests...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    You can't do the quest in the LFR version. But yeah it is that easy. I didn't do it assassination, but I honestly don't see anything that would make it substantially harder (though I do agree combat is far more suited for it). I wouldn't use mind numbing though, too much of a dps loss, and considering I kicked maybe 3-4 casts total when I did it, not worth it. I'd rather eat the damage and burst him to p2 where its even easier. I also didn't gouge (meant to put it on my pve bar but didn't) and in hind sight, I don't think its worth the energy. I would have probably just done a full burn pve rotation on him (with KS stun on cd though) and popped every cd right away to push him. I can't help but think that maybe there was something you're missing, but I don't think I can go kill him again or I'd try it assassination.

Sorry that this probably comes across as rude, but I just disagree that this is even a minor barrier to getting p1 daggers based on my rofl stomp of him and the numerous reports of other people doing the same.

Omg now that caused me to rage massively as I did the stealth section. Why the hell didn't they just instance it like the staff quests...
    I thought that you can join a regular 3/8, pickpocket the ring, and then start the questline. Which is what a non regular raider probably will do.

I luckily didn't see another Rogue in the area during Weds afternoon, surprising on a populated server like MG. Took me about an hour to finally get to Creed (no spoiler maps with paths shown) and about another hour wiping on him as Assassination. Quick respec to Combat and Creed was cake; went with IP/Deadly and kept Recup and Rupture up.

Very very fun quest. Disappointed at Rogues parachuting down and/or teaming up to kill Creed. Tsk Tsk. Questline is supposed to test your Rogue skill. Oh well, you all fail at life if you did :P
    ----------------------------------
    Aorus Xtreme
    5950x
    k|ngp|n 3090
    128g Ballistix
    33 fans

I had problems getting through to the boss until I switched to Sub spec, and used Shadowstep on the sleeping mobs to get past some of the more tightened up groups (like the hound sleeping near the tree towards the end surrounded by groups). Once at the boss, I changed to combat, and had at him. I did my regular rotation, with keeping Recup up and avoiding void zones and moving away during breath. I didn't even realize I could interrupt, stun, etc. until he was about 20%. He was far easier to deal with than getting to him.
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Current soloed content on rogue (Spec - Combat):
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

10+ Year Old Account
    I followed the same route as the rogue in this vid; www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOb-1vEnP20
    When i did it there were 2 others rogue on the quest so we had an easy time getting the boss down. The whole city is phased so you will only be able to go there with other rogues on this quest.
    Goodluck.

Did it as assasination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscostewSM View Post
    I had problems getting through to the boss until I switched to Sub spec, and used Shadowstep on the sleeping mobs to get past some of the more tightened up groups (like the hound sleeping near the tree towards the end surrounded by groups).
    I didn't think i could make it through those without revealing myself. But after i checked out youtube i saw a guy who sapped the nearest guard on the right. And he was able to walk inbetween without revealing himself. So then i realised the red circle around you is absolute. As long as they aren't in there.. even just inches away.. they won't spot you.

Zzz/sleeping guards is a hint where to run, use distract and just spam sap. I spammed it on everything as I sprinted through most guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Zzz/sleeping guards is a hint where to run, use distract and just spam sap. I spammed it on everything as I sprinted through most guards.
    Be warned, that if you end up getting caught by a guard while next to one that is sleeping, that sleeping guard will wake up, and won't reset back to sleeping (at least he didn't while I tried). That happened to me, and I couldn't go that particular route for my remaining attempts.
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Current soloed content on rogue (Spec - Combat):
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

This is certainly easier as combat, due to no positional requirments, generally having more expertise on your gear for attacking from the front, improved recup and some stronger burning CDs.

1. will you get phased out?
    Yes - you will, you get phased if you have the quest. I tried to help a guildie who was on the quest after I completed it and couldn't as I was in the normal gilneas whilst he was phased. If you team up with other rogues ON the quest, then that is fine.

You also can't summon people to you.

2. is it possible to team up with people that are not on the quest? (for example a friend healer)
    You can only team up with other rogues on the quest. Everyone who is on the quest is in the same Phase. If someone has completed the quest they can not get back to that phase.

3. which consumables are good to take along?
    Healing potion would be good, but I honestly used none. If you know how to play a rogue this won't be a challenge really. Roll your recups 100% of the time, evasion, Combat readiness, Fient the AoE as you are running away, KS after an AoE so you aren't playing in it, RvS before a kidney and don't clip DRs (9 second stun), AR and burn hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Personally, had too many issues with the stealthing section due to other players making their own way, so had to be inventive with flight/stealth/parachute.

The actual fight, done as assassination, around 380 ilevel or so. Had to use 1 health pot and 2 bandages, Glyph of Blind was a massive help. Kept Recuperate rolling in addition to normal muti rotation, 5pt KS on cooldown. Failed on first attempt and vanished, adjusted tactic slightly and kicked his ass second attempt. Kick/Blind/KS countered most of his moves, aside from that, stay out of bad stuff. Definatly needs patience, but should be doable by most people.

I'm having tons of trouble with the stealth part. Seems everywhere is packs of mobs and I get caught every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a tactical game, think before you act. All you need is sap anyway. And the red circle is absolute, as long as they aren't inside.. no matter if its just an inch, they won't spot you.

There are also plentyful guides on YT by now.

Deleted
    combat specs with improved recuperate, quickening and reinforced leather, will heavily trivialize the encounter, I didnt had a clue if he was hard, so i prepared pretty well, getting BoM, BoK, fortitude, Stam flask and buff food. But I killed him on the first try. You don't need that much, but if you have a hard time the above talents makes it very easy.