Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

AC respec in future ?:)

Seems like BW is seriously thinking about the possibility to switch AC

http://www.oldrepublic.net/247-advan...st-launch.html

i hope not. It would potentially destroy the game.

I hope it will be very restricted and that your eventual dual spec will change too.

Quote Originally Posted by SafariS View Post
    Seems like BW is seriously thinking about the possibility to switch AC

http://www.oldrepublic.net/247-advan...st-launch.html
    Appears the pendulum has swung the other way again. In other words, they can't make up their minds. In my little world, I say to those who claim for RP reasons and the like that AC switching (either through dual spec or total swap) is not realistic should have perma death too or be forced to play on PvP realms, all in the name of realism
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    i hope not. It would potentially destroy the game.
    Destroy the game? Really?

I'd be fine with it if it cost a lot/was hard to do. Something you do maybe once or twice and after that it just becomes to expensive/hard.

Please explain to me how anyone could possibly think this is a bad idea because I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Please explain to me how anyone could possibly think this is a bad idea because I don't understand
    Its like being able to change from a warrior to a mage anytime you want but have all the gear that was Best in slot for you warrior still be BiS for your mage

do you get it?

This game has 8 classes not 4, you pick you class at lvl 10
    Last edited by Páíns; 2011-12-02 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Imagine in WOW that you could change from a Rogue to a Mage.

Is a bad idea.

i hope not... some choices need to hold alot of weight. being able to chop & change what you want when you want is not a smart move.

1 class shouldn't have access to five talent trees

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I feel that only SIs are pushing for this change

Quote Originally Posted by Páíns View Post
    Its like being able to change from a warrior to a mage anytime you want but have all the gear that was Best in slot for you warrior still be BiS for your mage

do you get it?

This game has 8 classes not 4, you pick you class at lvl 10
    The inherent problem with SWTOR here is that if anyone wants to change his AC, he has to go through all the storyline once again for 50 levels, or skip it. But as the story is the main card of this game, it would discourage anyone to just grind for 50 lvls.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    1 class shouldn't have access to five talent trees
    Why not ? Because WoW said it so ?

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    Why do I feel that only SIs are pushing for this change
    Consulars too

Deleted
    No. just simply NO. i dont mind there being a possibilty to switch AC ONCE before reaching lvl 15 for example (in case you did click sth wrong or had a brain fart) but after that.. just NO. i want 8 classes in the game. not 4. my main will be a sorcerer, not an inquisitor. i shall make an assassin somewhere in the future.

this game is not wow. i dont want gazylion druids roaming around.
    Last edited by mmocab4042b3e7; 2011-12-02 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    I don't see how one can understand "We do reserve us the possibility to change anything in the game including AC respec" as "They are seriously thinking about it.

When will people realise that the advanced class system is just a fun and interesting way to have 8 classes not anything else...

Deleted
    they were talking before about having ac swap if you are lower than lvl 20, in case people pick the wrong one. Im not sure if they mean this, or a full blown lvl 50 respec. It wasnt clear.

I honestly don't get why people want to be able to change their AC, thats like leveling a warrior and saying "oh, i feel like being a mage now i'll go respec"

IMHO people should just ignore the first 4 "starter" classes and just think of the AC's as their actual class.
    The Starter classes are only so you get some initial spells and you can do the tutorial before you are trained with the force or w/e.

Having people changing them would be silly.

Deleted
    Guys if you read this again. They basically say nothing is final and they can change anything in the game based on feedback and testing. They don't say they will add AC respecing. Seeing most users not liking AC respecs I don't see why they would ever do it.

I think it should be in the game, but it should be SERIOUSLY HARD to do. Like a weeks worth of grinding mats or something, or a HUGE wad of cash (although cash is less meaningful since some people will just buy from a gold-seller).

As a Consular it would be kind of a bummer to get to 50, heal for a bit and find that I don't really enjoy the raiding style of Consular heals, and be unable to switch to tanking without actually rerolling.

Make it so hard to change to stop FOTM bullshit, no problems, right?