Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Most popular star wars names, as well as variations (maybe) will be blocked.
    LAME no chiss agents named Thrawn

Darth Durp. waitin for it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Indeed, and since you can choose a surname through your legacy...
    So we ARE getting last names? Hmm...
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    LAME no chiss agents named Thrawn
    I don't think that's popular enough for them to care to block it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't think that's popular enough for them to care to block it.
    You'd be surprised...Thrawn's not exactly an unknown. When you think Chiss, you think Thrawn. (You know how many Thrawns I saw in Star Trek Online, for instance? Crazy shit.)
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

Who the heck is thrawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    Who the heck is thrawn?
    Thrawn is the antagonist of the book series that made the expanded universe of Star Wars viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    Who the heck is thrawn?
    Read the EU, seriously a lot of it, including the books with Thrawn, are much better than the skywalker story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei
    Thrawn is the antagonist of the book series that made the expanded universe of Star Wars viable.
    If this was facebook I would 'like' that post.

Did anyone else on the beta run into about a thousand people asking 'wheres Han solo', 'Where is vader', 'Where is that little green guy' and other annoying stupid stuff? It was enough to drive me to raging in General more than once. Why buy an MMO with no idea about the backstory, or even listening to the backstory since it is told in game >.<

I couldn't find it on the beta but i seriously hope there is an option to turn general off in game :P

I saw people running around in the last 2 beta weekend tests with names darth"whateverhere"
    IMO it looks like crap, and with them having Darth as a title that you can get, it will really look bad IMO.
    Leave it off your name and go with something that will look good with Darth infront of it when you earn that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Gxeternal View Post
    I saw people running around in the last 2 beta weekend tests with names darth"whateverhere"
    IMO it looks like crap, and with them having Darth as a title that you can get, it will really look bad IMO.
    Leave it off your name and go with something that will look good with Darth infront of it when you earn that title.
    You get it at 50 after killing your master, which is the way it's supposed to be. I likey.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-03 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Indeed, and since you can choose a surname through your legacy, you should totally go for this:
    What? Wheres the info about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalanos View Post
    Darth Durp. waitin for it.
    Hello, my name is Board. Darth Board. (Off topic, so skip away~!)

I probally won't be playing StoWR, just not my cup of tea, but I can almost garuntee there will be names like:

Darth Wowkiller
    Darth Wowsuxxx
    Darth Wowsuxxorz
    etc. etc.

And I doubt it will changed by Bioware sinceI don't *think* it will be againts terms or conditions, maybe on an RP server but I dunno.

Deleted
    ill try to make something retarded up just to annoy people. obbidaarthkinobi or something like that lulz since they said names like obi , wan , darth etc etc wont be available

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    What? Wheres the info about this?
    BioWare.

Googling works if you can't use the SWTOR.com search functions.

Deleted
    i'm definitely making making a sith warrior called Bobo then

Deleted
    Darth Gandalf. or name your character 'darth' and choose your legacy as 'darth'. then you would be darth darth darth. pure win.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    I know you can have 2 apostrophes and a dash!

I made a beta toon called Thumbsup-d'o'b just to see if it worked. That's gonna be kind of annoying on live.
    I don't believe they had the name filter up during the beta, mainly because I was seeing "BobFett" and "Jarjarbinks".

I think both the darth titles for sith warrior and sith inquisitor come from finishing act 3

Deleted
    I like how they throw Darth in there as a title, but total forget the meaning and placement of the title itself.

You don't just add it in front of your name, it's supposed to have it's own name as well.

Anakin didn't become Darth Anakin, he became Darth Vader. Palpatine didn't become Darth palpatine, he became Darth sidious.