Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Buying valor boots in week one?

I was just looking up a guild on the armory when I noticed the news feed showed someone had purchased valor boots already....how could this be or is it a mistake?

Here is the link
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/ki...haracter=tarok

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't be possible
    1000 VP per week is max
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

only way i can think of it is buying something before patch and selling it afterwards... thought it wasn't possible though...
    sounds exploit or armory bug...

Thats what I thought but it says he purchased them. I dont know how that could be possible.

Some peoples valor cap reset upon server transfer (maybe faction transfer?), so they could have done that.

Update: He's neutral rep with the guild, so thats probably the case.

Does the conquest -> valor conversion allow you to go over cap? That would be another way.

only way i could think of that it could be poss is if his valor didnt get converted to JP on patchday cause of some odd glitch.
    or it might be as Rhiz says but then again isnt that considered as an exploit?
    Last edited by lanceb; 2011-12-05 at 05:07 PM.

You cannot convert conquest to valor to the above. I can't believe that waiting 1 week for poorly itemized gear is worth $15-$20 to some people.

Faction transfer probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    You cannot convert conquest to valor to the above. I can't believe that waiting 1 week for poorly itemized gear is worth $15-$20 to some people.
    He was probably transferring anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    People do transfer for other reasons, you know.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Ok that makes sense then. Good for him I guess lol

Deleted
    Could have bought something before the patch and sell afterwards - the way Blues explained recent "fix" would prevent that exploit from happening was still leaving a way to go around it (unless they didn't mention everything in that post - didn't try myself so can't be sure).

Quote Originally Posted by lanceb View Post
    only way i could think of that it could be poss is if his valor didnt get converted to JP on patchday cause of some odd glitch.
    or it might be as Rhiz says but then again isnt that considered as an exploit?
    If you transferred for the sole reason of getting extra VP, then yeah.. But I don't think Blizzard flags people for that, or else they'd fix it. :-P

I have my cloak - got it because I server transferred. I had a total of 2k VP this week. Unfortunately, I wasted $50 total on xfers in 2 weeks...stupid work schedule.

When i realm changed on my rogue probably like a month and half ago now, my currencies got reset. Meaning I got to reach valor/conquest cap twice in one week. Thought it odd at the time and wondered if people did it when seasons just come out, guess I wondered right.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    WTF?

So we still have an hole like this after the Stars debacle last tier?

Honestly, these are the kinds of things that really make me want to quit.

Just fucking ridiculous.

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see anywhere in that activity feed where it says he purchased the new valor boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Maybe I'm blind but I don't see anywhere in that activity feed where it says he purchased the new valor boots.
    1st on the list, Kneebreaker boots. Cost 1,650 valor.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    It's a known bug where by using a VP wand or relic to transmog somthing the 'sell back to vendor' thing appears on the transmogged Wand. You sell them both back to the vendor for 1400 VP + 300 = 1700 VP.

It has been hotfixed already.

It was using the same method for transmogging heirloom gear and sending to a lvl 1 alt.

The blue text showing how long you got left to vendor is classed as Enchant, there is a bug with transmog that allows you to duplicate enchants.