Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Are they actually banning people now? I herd it was just a Temp ban + lifting gear?
    I will honestly be shocked enough to say, "Wow, thats shocking!" Out loud if Blizzard does throw bans out. A decision that means a loss in Subs?? That's pretty impressive.
    Seeing as how they stopped banning botters, exploiters, trade chat frauders(in all it's various forms)
    Wife got banned for fish botting 2 weeks ago, they still do it.
    Bleh

My personal opinion,if its a bug that blizz lets hit live servers,than its something that people shouldnt be banable for,remove anything they got from the exploit sure.But its like the same thing with Ensidia when they were getting banned for doing world first...They were taking advantage of a way to get the encounter down,something blizz should have known about if they were smart to actually test the encounter.Instead of just fixing it and moving on,they ban everyone for just playing the game how its supposed to be played.Your supposed to find which ever way possible to get the encounter down,not follow set rules..but I guess thats changed now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    By the reaction of the REAL player base, it'd be suicide for them NOT to do anything.

You have no idea what happened, it had nothing to do with a loot system, and they weren't being "Intelligent" they were being assholes. Cheating, good for nothing assholes. Vodka however, kudos for having done it the right way with alts, and not abusing a system with an EXPLOIT. /salute
    Funny how you're calling someone else an asshole. Stop acting all high and mighty. Your passive/aggressiveness is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Funny how you're calling someone else an asshole. Stop acting all high and mighty. Your passive/aggressiveness is showing.
    Because they're taunting the company? I'd expect a ban, and it's dumb that anyone can sit here and honestly defend them. I'm very aggressive in this matter because I've respected Blizzard a lot over the past years, and this is just dumb.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Are they actually banning people now? I herd it was just a Temp ban + lifting gear?
    I will honestly be shocked enough to say, "Wow, thats shocking!" Out loud if Blizzard does throw bans out. A decision that means a loss in Subs?? That's pretty impressive.
    Seeing as how they stopped banning botters, exploiters, trade chat frauders(in all its various forms)
    Here is my experience with Blizzard's "non banning

I took some time off from the game and when I came back I thought it would be amusing to pretend like I got hacked, so I typed up a susanexpress line, logged in and gquit with my main. When my guild mates pst me I pasted my nice pretty buy gold line and lol'd at them. I told them it was actually me and they reinvited me and took down the botting ticket they had put in.

10 minutes later my account got frozen for goldselling and I spent the rest of the night getting it back :P. Pretty sure Blizzard do indeed keep a close eye on gold hackers still.

OT: The exploiters should definatly get their gear taken away! Way to waste an entire day of farming for nothing :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they're taunting the company? I'd expect a ban, and it's dumb that anyone can sit here and honestly defend them. I'm very aggressive in this matter because I've respected Blizzard a lot over the past years, and this is just dumb.
    Are you delusional? Are they on the official forums taunting blizzard? Please. Show me where they are. Oh wait, I guess blizzard is supposed to hop over to paragon's forums right? Even then, where are they taunting blizz? Do you go through every thread on mmo champ and the official forums slamming everyone bashing blizz? Or is it just when it has to do with top guilds? And I didn't say "Agressive". I said "Passive/aggressive."

Are you delusional? Are they on the official forums taunting blizzard? Please. Show me where they are. Oh wait, I guess blizzard is supposed to hop over to paragon's forums right? Even then, where are they taunting blizz? Do you go through every thread on mmo champ and the official forums slamming everyone bashing blizz? Or is it just when it has to do with top guilds? And I didn't say "Agressive". I said "Passive/aggressive."
    P.S. Your fan boy is showing.
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    P.S. Your fan boy is showing.
    That's as good as "Nu-uh, you are." XD. I'm not a fan of any guild. I'm a fan of setting people fueling the flames of drama and exaggerated nonsense straight. I can't stand drama mongers.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 03:38 AM ----------

Wife got banned for fish botting 2 weeks ago, they still do it.
    Wait...here you are judging these guys calling them "Cheating, good for nothing assholes" when YOUR WIFE IS CHEATING? That's kind of priceless. I gotta admit. +100 internetz for you my friend.

And it proves the bias you have against the people at the top.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2011-12-04 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    Feelings? What are those?

Like I said mea culpa. You think what you think and I'll think what I think. There really is never a reason to post in larger font unless your the author of a thread posting a title, subtitle, etc.
    You are funny, "big words upset me". Seriously, with ALL the things to get upset about, if someone uses a bigger than average font, you get all uppity. I hope to god you never have to read a children's book to a kid one day. You'll probably go ballistic, and shoot up the place.

That's as good as "Nu-uh, you are." XD. I'm not a fan of any guild. I'm a fan of setting people fueling the flames of drama and exaggerated nonsense straight. I can't stand drama mongers.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 03:38 AM ----------

Wait...here you are judging these guys calling them "Cheating, good for nothing assholes" when YOUR WIFE IS CHEATING? That's kind of priceless. I gotta admit. +100 internetz for you my friend.

And it proves the bias you have against the people at the top.
    She deserved the ban, I didn't say she didn't. I was stating that they do infact still ban for cheating.
    Bleh

Get over it baddies.
    Nobody is gonna get banned.

Its kinda cute how all of you are pretending to get so worked up over this.
    All the casuals/bads finally have something semi plausable to hold against the hardcore guilds, and boy are they letting it flow.
    But guess what, It really isn't as bad as you lifeless, forum-living, whiners are making it out to be.
    I'll say it again, nobody is going to get banned. A week from now you derps will be back to bitching about some other topic. Probably how heroic DS is too hard and needs to be nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    She deserved the ban, I didn't say she didn't. I was stating that they do infact still ban for cheating.
    Is she also a "Cheating, good for nothing asshole?" I mean, we can both agree she cheated right? I mean, she at least had to use a hack.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2011-12-04 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Method didnt exploit it.
    Not only are you wrong, but Method ADMITTED to cheating on their website.

Their rationale is that, and I quote, "the risk was worth the reward".

They cheated. They admitted it.

It seems Vodka didn't by the posted loot logs. And good for them. Apparently, not everyone agreed with Method's assessment.

I expect that bans will go out Monday or Tuesday to impede Heroic progress for those guilds that cheated. If they only want to do 72 hour bans like they did with Ensidia, doing it on Thursday wouldn't have cost the guild's trying for World Firsts. So for those worried about no bans, I wouldn't worry just yet.

I won't lose any sleep if the cheaters don't get banned, but I will be a smidge sad that once again, cheaters will have prospered if bans aren't handed out for obvious exploiting.

I mean, when folks found ways into Uldum via exploits, Blizz deleted the gear AND banned folks.

So why should purposefully exploiting to get gear in Uldum prior to 4.0 launch receive MORE punishment than purposefully exploiting to get gear in Dragon Soul content?

Is she also a "Cheating, good for nothing asshole?" I mean, we can both agree she cheated right? I mean, she at least had to use a hack.
    There is no arguing that, no bias either. Anyone who does that stuff deserves the heaviest punishments.
    Bleh

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    They are not professionals. Professionals would imply that this is how they make their living. And they don't. What do they get? Computer hardware, invites to events, software, etc. What they do not get is a paycheck. Being sponsored doesn't mean they're paying your way. This is a game. These people aren't teachers because we aren't students. These people do not save us from harm. And they definitely don't come to your house if it's on fire. They're a guild in a video game. A good guild, with good players, but players nonetheless.
    Professionals are people who get paid to do something. It doesn't matter if they make their living doing it. In the U.S., at least guilds who get swag could be considered professionals, since it's a form of payment.
    I'm a crazy taco.

They are not professionals. Professionals would imply that this is how they make their living. And they don't. What do they get? Computer hardware, invites to events, software, etc. What they do not get is a paycheck. Being sponsored doesn't mean they're paying your way. This is a game. These people aren't teachers because we aren't students. These people do not save us from harm. And they definitely don't come to your house if it's on fire. They're a guild in a video game. A good guild, with good players, but players nonetheless.
    Good players? So good that they feel they have to cheat to win? Guess they don't think they're that good then. And I don't call them professionals. It's what those guilds call themselves, as in they refer to themselves as professionals. Their words, not mine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayytee View Post
    Get over it baddies.
    Nobody is gonna get banned.

Its kinda cute how all of you are pretending to get so worked up over this.
    All the casuals/bads finally have something semi plausable to hold against the hardcore guilds, and boy are they letting it flow.
    But guess what, It really isn't as bad as you lifeless, forum-living, whiners are making it out to be.
    I'll say it again, nobody is going to get banned. A week from now you derps will be back to bitching about some other topic. Probably how heroic DS is too hard and needs to be nerfed.
    So apparently you approve of cheating? Awesome. *rolls eyes*

--

It's pretty amazing to me how many people condone cheating. Cheating is cheating is cheating. Whether it's in a video game, on a test or on your taxes. Yes, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter in a video game. But it absolutely calls into question the honesty and ethics of people who think it's ok because it's "just a video game".
    Last edited by tacoloco; 2011-12-04 at 04:08 AM.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no arguing that, no bias either. Anyone who does that stuff deserves the heaviest punishments.
    Okay. Just wanted to clear that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitryana View Post
    Good players? So good that they feel they have to cheat to win? Guess they don't think they're that good then. And I don't call them professionals. It's what those guilds call themselves, as in they refer to themselves as professionals. Their words, not mine.
    Can you show me their words? Can you show me where they call themselves "Professionals"?

And as much as you don't want to admit it, any guild getting H Rag down 3 weeks after release, is a pretty damn good guild. And players. Hell, anyone getting H rag down period.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2011-12-04 at 04:14 AM.

Can you show me their words? Can you show me where they call themselves "Professionals"?

And as much as you don't want to admit it, any guild getting H Rag down 3 weeks after release, is a pretty damn good guild. And players. Hell, anyone getting H rag down period.
    Yes, many of the guilds that took part in this exploit are good guilds. What are we discussing again?