Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Who feels the need to get one of every class to 50?

After watching the trailers I now have this part of me that is saying, 'you have to level each class up to 50 to see all this awesome story.' Gosh, it all looks amazing, im digging the imperial agent the most, but I still really like the look of the Smuggler, Sith Inquistor, Jedi Consular, Trooper, and Bounty Hunter. Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight look a bit cliche type characters, but I will probably play them to.

You have to level 2 of every class to 50 so that you experience all of the ACs.
    #TeamTinkers

good luck, there are 16 classes

That is my goal already, to have all classes to level 50 at some point. I won't do it by ACs though, except for maybe a few, but when I say class I'm talking about the base class, the ACs don't have their own class quests.

There are 8 classes, not 16.

I will eventually. Might even level a couple classes twice to see lightside and darkside.
    Yub Yub

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    After watching the trailers I now have this part of me that is saying, 'you have to level each class up to 50 to see all this awesome story.' Gosh, it all looks amazing, im digging the imperial agent the most, but I still really like the look of the Smuggler, Sith Inquistor, Jedi Consular, Trooper, and Bounty Hunter. Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight look a bit cliche type characters, but I will probably play them to.
    If the game is good enough, it'll be inevitable. I like stories, and I like class variety, but I'm not 'restricted' by the collector psychology : )

-Alamar

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    You have to level 2 of every class to 50 so that you experience all of the ACs.
    I believe the AC's don't have a unique story.

And from a game play perspective, you can go with the other fiction, so back to 8.

-Alamar

<--- This guy, right here.

Me. I'm not going to level 2 of each class just to experience the other AC, but I'll have 8 level 50s
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

If I stay with the game long enough I"ll likely level up 1 of each of the 8 classes, with different ACs per faction. Best of both worlds that way, really. I know the "feel" is different for a commando vs. a mercenary, but the gameplay style is very much the same.

I'm planning on leveling a Powertech BH, Sniper IA, Sith Assassin, and Sith Marauder. Then I'll level their mirror opposites Trooper Commando, Smuggler Scoundrel, Jedi Sage, and Jedi Guardian. That should be quite a few months of play time, can't wait!

Edit: I'm also doing this hoping that the Legacy system grows into something as awesome as I think it could be.
    Last edited by Mosc; 2011-12-03 at 05:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    Yep, I'm gonna roll all 8 classes, and the clone classes of each other are gonna be opposite AC's as well. Commando Trooper, Powertech BH, Scoundrel Smuggler, Sniper IA, Sentinel JK, Juggernaut SW, Shadow JC and Sorcerer SI.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

I had 12 85's on WoW .... yes that included 2 mages and 2 druids. (I know Mage doesn't make sense, long story kinda)

so yeah I plan to level one of each. as for each AC? maybe, there's at least the option of playing different light/dark options.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will get all 8 classes to 50 to see their stories.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

At the moment, I'm not all that interested in leveling one of every character (surprisingly). But I know that once I get a taste of Bioware's always excellent storytelling, I'll feel inclined to do so for the personal story.

Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    I believe the AC's don't have a unique story.
    He said to experience all of the ACs, as in the classes, not the story.

And I agree with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to just to experience all of the story... so that's what... 800 hours per faction?

I'll do it for at least 4 of the base classes to experience all that the storylines has to offer.

The playstyle between advanced classes is very diffirent, so as far as it goes you might aswell count each AC as a class on its own. It just shares a common platform with another class (We see that in WoW aswell, alot even). And it shares the same story.

So if you want to play every AC, and experience every playstyle you need to level 8 characters. If you want to experience all the diffirent stories you also need to level 8 diffirent characters. Smuggler storyline is diffirent from Imperial Agent.
    So if you want to experience all the AC playstyles AND all the stories you need to level 12 characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    He said to experience all of the ACs, as in the classes, not the story.

And I agree with him.
    In that case you still wouldn't have to roll all 16 ACs since they are mirrored across factions.