Macbook Pro and BootCamp

I was wonder if anyone has run SWTOR on a Macbook Pro using bootcamp? I have a 2.33 C2Duo MBPro with a x1600 running Windows 7 64 bit with 3gb of RAM recognized on the Windows side.

I got this from the swtor site:

What are the system requirements for the game? Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better Operating System: Windows XP or later RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better nVidia 7800 or better Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

I see that said it needs a MINIMUM of 256mb and the x1600 is 256mb. I tried running SWTOR but i kept getting Error 5 code when the game was about to launch. From what I gather it may not be a graphics issues. I will to re-download the game. I did coy the swtor folder from my desktop to an external HDD and then copy it to my MBPro.

Also, am I better off running Windows XP or even Vista?

I use a MAcbook Pro, with an I7 2920m @2.7 ghz, 8gigs of ram with an Intel HD3000
    Vram is @ 512 megabytes, and I run swtor on pretty much the highest settings with no problems.

I run Windows 7 with bootcamp too.

It's probably just your computer.
    Last edited by joshduarte6; 2011-12-03 at 06:01 AM.
    "Holybuckets May 17, 2010 - 7:36 PM :your 3s team rating is amazing, is there any way you could write something up or make a video from the holy pally perspective? my 3s beast cleave is having a hard time getting past 1600. its really hard to find info on beast cleave."

Quote Originally Posted by joshduarte6 View Post
    I use a MAcbook Pro, with an I7 2920m @2.7 ghz, 8gigs of ram with an Intel HD3000
    Vram is @ 512 megabytes, and I run swtor on pretty much the highest settings with no problems.

I run Windows 7 with bootcamp too.

It's probably just your computer.

I know that the newer i3, i5, and i7 will run SWTOR. Im asking more on the older side. The mbpros that are near the minimum requirements. I am pretty sure i can make it work. I was wondering if someone has done it. I have a dedicated video card. You are rocking the intel card which is okay. You should of gone with the nvidia card. It will save you some headaches in the long run and resale value would be greater. Dont know why Apple went with a 13inch macbook pro (sorry im ranting)

I might go Windows XP and see how that works out. I had to jump some hoops to get Windows 7 64 bit on this mbpro.

Quote Originally Posted by seven2k View Post
    you are rocking the intel card which is okay. You should of gone with the nvidia card. It will save you some headaches.
    Yeah, I order a 15 inch with the dedicated card the other day =]
    "Holybuckets May 17, 2010 - 7:36 PM :your 3s team rating is amazing, is there any way you could write something up or make a video from the holy pally perspective? my 3s beast cleave is having a hard time getting past 1600. its really hard to find info on beast cleave."

I went ahead and reinstalled SWTOR on my 2.33 mbpro c2duo. I wont find out until the 15th if it can run it. I will let you guys know.

Ok guys I am running SWTOR on my MacBook Pro. But everything is on low. I ran Esseles and there was some lag. Fans do run at full. I did boot camp my office iMac but that is a newer i3 machine and it runs at high with no issues. Again my MacBok Pro is about 6-7 yrs old.

MacBook Pro Advice

So I am not very tech saavy at all. Got the info on my macbook. It is running on snow leopard and I got it last summer. This is the info on it:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B0B
    SMC Version (system): 1.62f6
    Serial Number (system): W80282LEATP
    Hardware UUID: 548F9250-4B77-5452-99FC-1F00D11F5D3F
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

If I install boot camp and SWTOR will it run well or should i hold off? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Salty

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnail View Post
    So I am not very tech saavy at all. Got the info on my macbook. It is running on snow leopard and I got it last summer. This is the info on it:

Hardware Overview:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    If I install boot camp and SWTOR will it run well or should i hold off? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Salty
    You have a Nvidia 320M video card... which is better than an ATI X1800 which I believe is one of the minimum quoted graphics processors.

The 320m uses system memory but your 4gb is sufficient as I haven't seen SWTOR use more than 2gb.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Keyboard Turner WhitebreadHunter's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys.
    I'm not too tech savvy either, and I was wondering if you guys could tell me whether or not SWTOR will run on my machine without too many issues if I
    get bootcamp up and running. It's a brand new Macbook Pro, I just picked it up this past Summer.

Here are my specs:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B24
    SMC Version (system): 1.69f3
    Serial Number (system): C02FQ42GDF8V
    Hardware UUID: B7B4B574-DC22-582A-B49D-6D0A8DB98337
    Sudden Motion Sensor:

-Whitebread

I have the same but cant run SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by seven2k View Post
    I know that the newer i3, i5, and i7 will run SWTOR. Im asking more on the older side. The mbpros that are near the minimum requirements. I am pretty sure i can make it work. I was wondering if someone has done it. I have a dedicated video card. You are rocking the intel card which is okay. You should of gone with the nvidia card. It will save you some headaches in the long run and resale value would be greater. Dont know why Apple went with a 13inch macbook pro (sorry im ranting)

I might go Windows XP and see how that works out. I had to jump some hoops to get Windows 7 64 bit on this mbpro.
    what do you do to get the 256mb dedicated video, mine just show 64 and have exactly the same machine :,(

Quote Originally Posted by WhitebreadHunter View Post
    Hey guys.
    I'm not too tech savvy either, and I was wondering if you guys could tell me whether or not SWTOR will run on my machine without too many issues if I
    get bootcamp up and running. It's a brand new Macbook Pro, I just picked it up this past Summer.

Here are my specs:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B24
    SMC Version (system): 1.69f3
    Serial Number (system): C02FQ42GDF8V
    Hardware UUID: B7B4B574-DC22-582A-B49D-6D0A8DB98337
    Sudden Motion Sensor:

-Whitebread
    Heya, I was running SWTOR on the exact same model. I found alot of graphics lag with this machine even on low settings. AA off, shadows off, trees and grass to 0%. I found that the gpu (should be located around the left hand speaker in the case) was getting extremely hot and the fan was running continuously. I was getting around 20fps in environments with static backgrounds and not many players. As soon as I got into an outdoor environment or an environment with many players, my fps would drop to zero for up to 30 seconds while the cpu and gpu rendered the data from the environment. I was able to alleviate much of the problem by adding a cooling board under my laptop, but even so was still only getting 15 to 20 fps. I believe the problem to be with the speed of the processor at 2.0GHz and the fact that while the unit has a dedicated gpu chipset (in my case it was a radeon mobile), it has only 256MB of actual memory.

I played from December 15th until the end of February on it, but ended up buying an Alienware R4 because I just couldn't deal with the graphics lag during warzones and raiding. Now I run at approx. 100fps during raids, 60fps in warzones and 80fps in fleet on a busy night.

While you can play on the lower end MacBook Pro's, you probably won't enjoy it and will wind up extremely frustrated with it.

I know I did.

My fiance plays on a 3-4 year old macbook pro, (I don't remember the specs atm) but he can run it pretty well though the load times are a bit long for the most part it runs well. He does have to use medical grade ice packs on it though to keep it from over heating and shutting itself off.

Hey, I'm a little late on this bandwagon but I was hoping to get some answers to some similar questions:

Here's my system:
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4
    Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.49f2
    Serial Number (system): W89283WV7XJ
    Hardware UUID: C3CC3374-7643-51EE-828D-440CBCF523D1
    Sudden Motion Sensor:

I'm hoping to find out a few things:
    I can't find whether I've got the (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better) requirement.
    I've got the Intel Core 2 Duo - is that enough?

To partition, I'd upgrade to Mac OS 6.0 (currently using 5.something) and then partition the drive leaving about 100 GB for Windows 7 (64bit).

Before I go through all these processes I'd just like to make sure its even possible afterwords.
    Any information and help is appreciated!

Boot Camping with the Old Republic

Hey, I'm a little late on this bandwagon but I was hoping to get some answers to some similar questions:

Here's my system:
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4
    Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.49f2
    Sudden Motion Sensor:

I'm hoping to find out a few things:
    I can't find whether I've got the (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better) requirement.
    I've got the Intel Core 2 Duo - is that enough?

To partition, I'd upgrade to Mac OS 6.0 (currently using 5.something) and then partition the drive leaving about 100 GB for Windows 7 (64bit).

Before I go through all these processes I'd just like to make sure its even possible afterwords.
    Any information and help is appreciated!

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 05:03 PM ----------

Also, in terms of Graphics:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    Type: Display
    Bus: PCI
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
    Device ID: 0x0863
    Revision ID: 0x00b1
    ROM Revision: 3448
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Resolution: 1440 x 900
    Depth: 32-Bit Color
    Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Quartz Extreme: Supported
    Built-In: Yes
    Last edited by lionfish33; 2012-09-19 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    Best to see is trial the game if it work then then it works and buy it all i can say.

Hey Lionfish33 - It looks like you are talking about this one: http://everymac.com/systems/apple/ma...ody-specs.html

If so your Video Card is GeForce 9400M. You should be able to run swtor, but graphics will be low and the loading screens will probably be long. Also, you may have issues with it overheating.