10+ Year Old Account

Power button doesnt turn off computer?

I recently bought a Geforce GTX 560 TI and 8 GB ram for my computer, however. just after i installed them i noticed that when i turned on the power switch at the back, my computer started by itself. I thought "thats wierd.. but whatever"

Later i realized my power button was no longer lit blue ( Normally it has power button lit blue ). Then when i was gonna go to sleep, i kept pressing the power button but my computer was not turning off. I instead tried to use the power switch and obviously it turned off. when i put it on again my computer turned on by itself, and yet again the power button was not doing anything when pressed

I tried pulling the power cable out for 3 minutes putting it back in turning on switch and still starts by itself.

What in this case happends i have to turn off the computer by the power switch all the time. And ive noticed each time i log into wow the agreement window pops up every time even after accepting it before. And that "Load out of date addons" is turned off when i put it on last time.

Anyone knows what can be the cause of this?
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Deleted
    Hmm... Sounds weird, but taken in consideration that the light is off aswell... Try to open your case, and follow the cable from the power button to the motherboard. It could be a loose connection, Although it still would be weird that it turn on by itself...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it might be turning on by itself because i never ( and couldnt ) turn it off via the power button

Something might be pressing against the power switch directly on your motherboard.
    You might have somehow rewired the power button on your case wrong.
    Something conductive could have fallen in while your case was opened and crossed the power button pins so that it is permanently on.
    The connectors for your power button (on your case) might have broken in such a way that it's permanently on.

Deleted
    Yep, that's the only possibility i can think of aswell, i would grap the manual for the motherboard, and see if the pins are connect correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked inside the computer and i replugged all of the cables leading to and out of the power button, Still no success

What i noticed also when i shut down computer from windows my computer automatically turns on after it shuts down.

Deleted
    Try to plug the cable out, and then shutdown thee computer to see if it restarts.

so that we can confirm if its the button that's stuck or something like that.

Deleted
    Whilst it is more likely to be some alteration made to the system whilst you were working inside have you tried reverting to the original video card?

Just find the two little power pins on your motherboard by looking at a diagram of it in the manual/internet and unplug the leads from the case button to them. Make sure that both are completely unplugged from everything and make doubly sure that nothing is touching them. If it still goes on after that then there is something seriously wrong.

If you are confident you know what you are doing you might also like to try short circuiting those same two pins with a screwdriver and seeing if it turns on/off when the gap is bridged, just to make sure they are still working.

10+ Year Old Account
    I placed back the old video card and i tried akirro's suggestion. None of them worked, however. I found that a cable that goes under the video card from the power button consists of 4 plugs. Since english is my third language, Ill try to explain as best as i can

The slot in which the cables go into consists of 6 "spikes"
    Theres 2 plugs that use 4 of the spikes, and another 2 that only use 1.

Basically it looks something like this
    [||||||]
    [||||||]
    | = 1 spike

The cable's are like this
    [X X X X] [X]
    [X X X X] [X]
    X = Hole for Spike

Basically, what this meens is that 10 spikes are being used and 2 remain unused. However, I dont know in what way they should be plugged in.
    Ex:
    [big][small]
    [small][big]
    or
    [small][big]
    [small][big]

If anyone could somehow figure out in which way they should be plugged it would be great.

Taken from Speccy, My mother board is: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-870A-UD3 (Socket M2)

Heres a picture: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3...036212897o.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    bump still no fix

Heres the manual for your motherboard, what you're looking for should be somewhere in there

http://www.manualowl.com/p/Gigabyte/.../Manual/113346

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman View Post
    What i noticed also when i shut down computer from windows my computer automatically turns on after it shuts down.
    I came to this thread to tell you to shut down from the start menu, but the thread isnt about that>.<
    Anyways, that seems really weird, and after some years of 12h+ per day of computers, i have NO IDEA what it can possibly be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

You mentioned you checked the wireing, but did you try unplugging the power button all together? If memory serves, the power button is a NO contact meaning that you need to push it to close the circuit. Now if the button has a defect or the wires themselves have broken internally it can provide some strange results.

Try disconnecting the power button from the motherboard and see if you can put the power back on without it booting up.