Leatherworking or Alchemy

Im thinking of changing professions right now I have alchemy its good but there is to much compatitin on my server. So im think img of switching to LW overall how is it to make money? And what are some of the best things to make gold with LW.

Deleted
    Leatherworking is expensive to skill up and not so good for money.

Deleted
    even though i have Leatherworking, it wouldn't be as good at making money since people will always need flasks and potions for their raids, whereas leather stuffs isn't in demand as often, the things you'd make most of your money from are probably leg armor items, they may make you quite a fair bit of money at the start of content patches as people get more gear but will slow down over time

Thanks for the replies. As i said before it seems like every person on my server bas alchemy. Now im not looking to get like 1every million golf ir anything like that but would it make me enough just for my enchants and gems and maybe a little for giggles?

Yea i have lw on an alt and unless you plan on farming your butt off for the leather yourself, it will be extremely expensive, just check out wowprofessions.com under lw to get a general idea of how much leather your gonna need. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroblaze33 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. As i said before it seems like every person on my server bas alchemy. Now im not looking to get like 1every million golf ir anything like that but would it make me enough just for my enchants and gems and maybe a little for giggles?
    I suggest you take Inscription if you don't have it already or just stick with Alchemy. LW isn't the best money maker unless you are actually raiding and getting those Epic LW Patterns. You need a ton of leather and unless you think of farming them all yourself be prepared to spend a ton and I really mean a ton of gold on leather like 25K +. There will be days where you will not even find any low level leather on the AH. I wouldn't recommend LW to anyone to power level, unless you had levelled it over an entire expansion since TBC or WTLK.

Even if you do your dailies, you should have enough gold to cover your enchants and gems. Or another good thing is to level 2 gathering professions. Herbalism and Mining. Most of the mining BOTs have been killed in the last few months. The price of ores have gone up since no one even bothers farming them. If it is the same on your realm you can basically control the entire market. You would make more gold from gathering here than crafting a few leather pieces. And another thing, remember you actually have to farming Heroic Dungeons to get the Chaos Orbs for most Leathworking crafts. It just isn't worth learning LW now.

LW is very expensive, even after farming maybe half the matts to level it up. It still cost me around 11k+. And its not that great of a money maker, sure you can get some of the raid matts and what not. But it's time consuming, I went LW+Alch but I wish I went Alch+JC.

I'm going to echo what everyone said her and say, unless you have current raid-drop patterns Leatherworking is that profitable, especially now that Chaos Orbs are not BoP so you can't charge what you used to be able to.

However, if you are going to level Leatherworking, I would drop what ever profession you are going to drop and then pick up skinning. I would level skinning while collecting the needed mats to level Leatherworking to max (look up a profession leveling guide). It only took me about a day to do this and it saved me a TON of money.