10+ Year Old Account

The Juggernaut Tanking Guide

After a lot of testing and research I have finally finished my Jug tank guide. It basically covers ability rotation, cooldowns, skill tree build to the maximum extent I am able to write about.

I'd post it here but it comes equipped with tooltips too!
    Click here for the guide

If I have written something that's false, old, etc please let me know - it's hard to proof read something for the 10+th time and actually notice mistakes after spending so much time on something .

Expect guides like this for the other classes in the next week.

great site, stickied it for later use when more guides and such are put on.
    i'm looking forward to the guides on the other tanks as the Juggernaut guide was pretty well done, out of curiosity what level did you end up getting to before writing this guide? id assume 50?

i also like the video on hammer station (although that's not what this thread is about) BUT, i would have like to see some text, just in case people missed what you said, to avoid having to back track in the guide video (although that particular instance is fairly straightforward it will definitely help in more in depth boss fights in the future)

can't wait for more guides, =]

Great info, thanks!

I have to say though, it almost feels like you could just copy+paste a TBC port warrior guide in there. Theres a lot of inspiration in that tank design.

Thanks for the guide I really appreciate the work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorited, looking forward to implementing this, tyvm! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    After a lot of testing and research I have finally finished my Jug tank guide.
    You could technically call this a Guardian tank guide as well since the abilities are effectively the same(same uses, different name). Would save some time later on to just combine the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    You could technically call this a Guardian tank guide as well since the abilities are effectively the same(same uses, different name). Would save some time later on to just combine the two.
    ya with a few additions (skill name adding and such) he definitely could

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    disagree with ur talent build. have u done EV yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the kind words and feedback so far everyone, it's really appreciated and will motivate me even more to stop slacking and get the rest out!

Quote Originally Posted by Eparg View Post
    i also like the video on hammer station (although that's not what this thread is about) BUT, i would have like to see some text, just in case people missed what you said, to avoid having to back track in the guide video (although that particular instance is fairly straightforward it will definitely help in more in depth boss fights in the future)
    can't wait for more guides, =]
    Thank you, will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    I was actually going to do this yesterday but ended up finishing my guide around 1am my time, so thought I better get some sleep

Quote Originally Posted by DarthNemis View Post
    disagree with ur talent build. have u done EV yet?
    I haven't been able to, which is why I wrote underneath I had several ideas. There are a couple of builds I think will perform slightly better at the main tank role but I can't be 100% sure without testing them in Operations (which is why I didn't put them down) so I went with a build that I know will perform well, regardless of any min-max issues. PM your thoughts, I'm curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great guide!

People might want to take a look at this aswell: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=644422

Deleted
    Excellent guide! Good job on the site as well. Looking forward to see it post-launch with more info, and hopefully contribute.
    Last edited by mmoceb2038953a; 2011-12-04 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    Excellent guide! Good job on the site as well. Looking forward to see it post-launch with more info, and hopefully contribute.
    Was going to ask about that actually - done!