Thinking about going on a trip to Thailand...

Thinking about going on a trip to Thailand this winter. Has anyone been? Can you recommend anywhere to go or stay? Is it dangerous?

It's not really dangerous except for the ladyboys and muay thai invitationals. Also it has been flooding there recently, you might want to do some research.

But don't wait too long, Bangkok(Krung Thep) will be under water in about 22 years.

Edit: Also Phatthaya might be a better tourist thing to go to, since Bangkok is incredibly populated and the travel in that city is ridiculous, you have to go from tuk tuk to river to bus to rail to taxi, it's just really poor city planning in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do a lot of research on the place before you go. And it's no more dangerous than other places, just make sure your with people who know where they're going.

Cheers, I appreciate the advice guys. I'll look into going while its dry, and see Bangkok before it becomes Atalantis!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Do a lot of research on the place before you go. And it's no more dangerous than other places, just make sure your with people who know where they're going.
    This. You should learn a bit about their culture before going, as it is nothing like the U.S(look up high power distance).

Be careful of the drugs and sex. Both are very cheap in thailand so don't get carried away with it.

I went there in July this year.....It was AWESOME!!!!
    Watch out for ladyboys and be carefull in general, but the land was beautiful, the food was delicious and it was a great vacation!
    You should think about visiting Malaysia too if you can....also a very awesome country and pretty cheap to go there when booking your flight from Thailand.
    I went to Thailand, Malaysia and Singhapore....awesome stuff!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I would recommend a foot mirror. I would imagine it would save alot of embarrassment.

if you have to ask why go lol maybe im a chicken but , my advice go to epcot in disney and just pretend your there ,, no ladyboys(although depending on who you r this maybe a bonus ie: Norton from O&A) no ending up on locked up abroad because someone made you and offer that seemed to good to be true no floods... anyway gl to ya