Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Oh Pizzashark, my favorite buddy. You apparently seem to hate the game so just don't play. Your views are not the same as others. Minecraft has sold somewhere around 5 million copies and has around 20 million subscribers so they are clearly doing something right.

While I understand the point of the thread is to give feedback on what makes the game fun I think the point of you not liking it in its current state has been beaten to death. Lots of people may share your view and lots don't.

You are expecting a lot from a game that never claimed to be doing any of that. The game is ABOUT building. The game is not about combat. If you want a game with combat go play a fighting game. Minecraft is about MINING and CRAFTING. And that is fun for a lot of people.

You can't complain that Minecraft doesn't do what you want it to do when they never claimed it would. That's like me being upset that WoW doesn't let me use a machine gun to shoot people. Well, it was never supposed too. Just like Minecraft was never supposed to focus on an amazing combat system.
    Then why include combat at all? You could obtain gunpowder from sulfur deposits. Rotten flesh is worthless and you could have fossil deposits for bones and bonemeal. If combat wasn't supposed to be a part of the game or a focus, why include it at all? It doesn't liven things up, it's just a different method of farming raw materials that's about as engaging and difficult as killing pigs for porkchops.

I actually do play Minecraft. It's occasionally enjoyable to just relax and spend an hour digging stuff up and then going and using to build shit. But I wouldn't say that's worth $30 because I can get that sort of catharsis from other games that cost less, too. Subscriber numbers (what the hell does that even mean? People that have signed up at Minecraft.net?) and copies shipped is pretty much entirely irrelevant to whether the game is good or not. The Modern Warfare games have sold tens of millions of copies each and they're almost universally derided as being terrible games. WoW still has millions of active subscribers but most people think the game's about as boring as it's ever been right now.

Why aren't you writing mods for all these great ideas? You could be putting that creative energy into actually improving the game, rather than sitting on a forum droning on about how it could be better... in your opinion. Seriously, look at how many posts you have in this thread, all basically saying the same thing. You're comparing it to GTA... Come on, really? I'm not saying you don't have a point (somewhere in there). You're allowed to see things differently. But it's getting a little ridiculous.
    I actually do plan on learning Javascript later, but right now I simply don't have the time. I'm learning Spanish for work, and that takes priority. The rest of my free time is split between games and reading

My posts in this thread all say the same thing because you keep reiterating your point of "like, just use your imagination, dude!" I pointed out that I did, in fact, use my imagination and it actually made the game worse. I compared Minecraft to GTA because both are billed as being sandbox games. You could also use Saint's Row or many of the other free-form exploration, sandbox games. Sure, you can't go build buildings in GTA but you're still basically left to your own devices, just as in Minecraft. The difference is that the GTA games actually do have a plot and series of core missions - and San Andreas', at least, was actually pretty awesome - if you get bored of doing your own thing and want some direction. Minecraft doesn't have that.

You need to be able to compare and contrast things without requiring their being nearly identical. Again, "free-form/sandbox" is a gameplay type (what you might call a genre), not the gameplay itself.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/4...-joins-mojang/

I am feeling pretty cool right now^^
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    The point is to be creative, To have fun, Relax, but also go on adventures slaying block monsters :P. To be creative with others, teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by KinectFAAST View Post
    I don't get it, is it just lego for adults?
    The point of any game, is to have fun.
    Some games you play alone, against the computer.
    Some games you play with friends, against the computer.
    Some games you play against friends.
    Some other games you play with friends, against other friends, or unknown people.

Minecraft you play however you like, just have fun while doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    The point of any game, is to have fun.
    Some games you play alone, against the computer.
    Some games you play with friends, against the computer.
    Some games you play against friends.
    Some other games you play with friends, against other friends, or unknown people.

Minecraft you play however you like, just have fun while doing it.
    You realize this applies to pretty much any game ever created, right?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I agree. Minecraft is like an other video game it is for enjoyment! Your username is kinect so whats the point of kinect?

to get fun and build your empire with your friends

Heres the point:
    Hit trees until you get wood, make a house and wooden weapons to fight off evil monsters from exploding your face and then mine Iron, Gold and Diamonds. Make Armor to become more powerful, craft some items, get killed by a creeper, rinse and repeat until you finally get enough obsidian to go to the Nether. Then, in the Nether, Kill Ghasts and zombie pigmen and get Netherrack and Glowstone for you house to look epic. Then, by some strange, random force, you find a End Portal. Kill Endermen in the End World, until you find the Ender Dragon. Kill the Dragon and then, Congratulations, YOU WIN!
    Did i help?