Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy Paladin 4.3 - Anyone else having problems adjusting?

I did my first normal Dragon Soul run last night and I found myself really struggling at times feeling comfortable in my role. With Holy Radiance now having a cast time and judging no longer giving back mana, I find myself struggling to feel comfortable with spell priority and feeling comfortable with mana conservation.

Anyone else having problems with this?

I felt the same way. Although I am usually 1st or 2nd on healing done in LFR....I never feel "comfortable" anymore. Its as if my mana regen is "out of my control" now that judgement is no longer needed every 8secs. Also, the change to holy radiance (yes its OP and does quite well) really starves my mana in times of heavy aoe raid dmg. They really need to lower the mana cost on holy radiance or something. Its simply not making me comfortable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Deleted
    Only judge once every minute to keep up Judgements of the Pure-buff. Judging more is only a waste of mana. Most of the fights consist of HR and LOD-spamming except Spine of Deathwing, where I heal the Searing Plasma targets with either HL or DL.

Which fights you keep struggling in? Could use your armory link too.

Holy Radiance wont be such a problem if you gear up smart , having a 2 set from tier 13 is godly for HR spamming , Jaws of Defeat also help a lot.
    Personnaly i find the Holy Paladin spec to be at its best yet in the history of the game.
    For the Glory of Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Every time someone mentions that Judgement doesn't return mana, I masturbate on purpose so God kills a kitten.
    Well, I don't.. But you get the point.

It is still giving mana, just in a different (better scaling) way.
    I never claimed it didnt....I only claimed that removing the need to judge every 8secs also removed my sense of comfort since I used to be ACTIVELY doing something to get my mana back rather than now...passively getting it back. Its just a psychological thing....dont get your panties in a wad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

15+ Year Old Account
    @Mklovin: I doubt Blizzard wanted Holy Radiance to be spammable in the first place...?

I wonder how Paladins t13 4p +20% bonus is going to impact healer balance with many paladins having 60-90% from HR/LoD spam on many fights.

I raided normal 25 DS on my Paladin, and tbh, I would kill myself if I had to spam the HRx3+free LoD rotation 24/7. Such mindless play, and the worst thing was no other button felt worth pushing than HR+LoD and some occasional Shock... Terrible, tbh.

Not your fault, I am not blaming you in any way, this is a design flaw like I have never seen it before.

Up until 4.3 I've mainly been pvping because we had a new baby and there was just no time for raiding. So the biggest change from me is getting used to using divine light again, not judging and getting used to my new clique binding for Holy Radiance.

So far I'm 2 from 3... I'm managing not to judge until Power Auras tells me to do so, I've gotten used to my clique binding for HR, but i've gone back to using Flash of Light instead of DL... honestly I'm not having mana problems at all in the 5 man heroics, and I love the fast cast times and instant casts. This will probably have to change when I go into LFR again but in the heroics FoL is fine and I love using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    Nope.
    10 characters
    ^ This. Took me a few bosses to get over the habit of juding on CD, but as soon as I got over that it was easy peasy.

Tank damage = DL, raid damage = HR. All we really gotta do now is decide which type of damage is more important at a given moment and heal it. We never had to make that decision before because we didn't have raid heals so I guess it can be hard for some people to adjust. But for anyone who's played any of the other healing specs (which always had to make this decision) it's a very simple matter to just do it on a pally as well.

not really, this is the best state holy paladins have been in for as long as i can remember, i just hope blizzard lets hpalas have their time at the top and dont nerf them...
    If your not good at adapting the paladin is not the right class for you, seeing as they change core mechanics every 2 patches or so :L

I had no problems whatsoever adapting to the new Holy Radiance, in fact I love it.

My problem has been the Judgement change. I keep forgetting to re-judge every minute and my JotP buff keeps falling off. I have to make myself a big PowerAura or something to remind myself.. or just get used to it
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I had problems adjusting to seeing myself completely decimating all the other healers in every raid I have been in since the release of 4.3?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still catch myself judging more then I should. Has been a habit to judge on CD for so long that it seems to be hard to stop. Still enjoying the pally healer though. The HR change is nice. Took a little bit to get use to being able to do that. But I also played on the PTR a lot to go over the new way of healing.

Deleted
    Not at all. I haven't ever Healed as easy as now actually.
    Can finally do some proper AoE-Healing, yay.
    HR cast > 10% Holy Light AOE/instant HR with cd BY FAR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    There is nothing to be added - except QFT
    Touched a nerve there? No, but seriously, how will +20% to Holy Radiance T13 bonus effect healer balance when paladins already are among the most effective grouphealers now and have, on top of it, some of the strongest CD's? Just seems very deranged.

Most definitely! I wonder how this could not occur to the devs? But nerfhammers aren't uncommon in these places. I just wonder in what way it'll hit.

My guess: Holy radiance now has no initial heal component but instead heals for <insert either way too high or way too low value here> over <insert something over 10 here> seconds.

i find it very rigid to heal. Bulking and cumbersome, much like in late TBC. All that being said my judgements are still being hit on CD (force or habit) and my HPS is up about 4k hps :S
    Real Paladins Do It with Crusader

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really found it that hard to adjust tbh. But I gotta admit, I do find this new playstyle kinda boring. Sure, I've only cleared DS25 on normal so far, which was fairly easy, but most encounters it's HRx3 + LoD, rinse and repeat.
    When I have time to sit and chat while fighting Deathwing, something just isn't right..
    Last edited by Frelstie; 2011-12-05 at 06:38 PM.

I do find it hard not to judge. I made a power aura specifically for Judgements of the Pure and I only judge if I see this aura.

I hadn't healed for a long time and was thrust into healing due to lack of bodies on gunship 2.0.
    It was really awkward not judging and running to the barrages at the same time. Was a lot to get used to quickly.
    Holy Radiance is just broken.
    I would think its my perception of being unable to "Aoe" heal for so long, but other healers besides druids have whispered complaints to me as well.

It really doesn't require skill. You just mash this button and "win" meters.
    It is a tad awkward having to gauge where HR cast will do the most healing sometimes though.

More boring than what? Pressing HR and than spamming DL on everyone like we used to. I fail to see how our playstyle got less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    More boring than what? Pressing HR and than spamming DL on everyone like we used to. I fail to see how our playstyle got less interesting.
    I agree, our playstyle got more interesting if anything.