How will early access work for SWTOR?

Pretty much what the title asks? Who will be granted early access and how will you be able to use it if the game comes out the 20th?
    ♥Ⓐ♥Ⓦ♥Ⓔ♥Ⓢ♥Ⓞ♥Ⓜ♥Ⓔ♥

Deleted
    My guess is that you will receive an Email saying you can start playing on such and such date, Also i think there might be a first come first serve system in place also

Well.. there will be upto 5 days early access. Now we don't know how they are gonna do it, but my predictions are that people that pre-ordered back in July (aprox 5 month before launch) will get in on the first day. If you pre-ordered in August you will get in on the 2nd day and so on. So if you first pre-ordered this month you will only get one day early access.

Just how I think they will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthegreat View Post
    Pretty much what the title asks? Who will be granted early access and
    everyone who preorders, read the preorder faq

how will you be able to use it if the game comes out the 20th?
    you download the game off swtor.com and you start playing when they tell you you early access is.

entering the preorder code now will most likely get you 1 day or so, while people that entered their code earlier will get up to 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Well.. there will be upto 5 days early access. Now we don't know how they are gonna do it, but my predictions are that people that pre-ordered back in July (aprox 5 month before launch) will get in on the first day. If you pre-ordered in August you will get in on the 2nd day and so on. So if you first pre-ordered this month you will only get one day early access.

This is how I believe they will handle it too, also if you look at the guild deployment post you also get the impression (if you have joined a guild) you'll know which server you need to join when you get your e-mail too.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post

Probably, but it'll have nothing to do with when you pre-ordered and everything to do with when you actually entered the code you got. If you pre-ordered back in July but were one of those people where the company you got it from didn't get you your code until last week I think you're going to be SoL.

Everyone who preorders is eligible. The people who pre-ordered first will get access before those who pre-ordered later, based on how much space they have, and what servers are 100% ready, wtc. w/e.

What we don't know is how it'll work out numbers wise. The people who preodered most recently go last but does that mean they'll be able to log on a few hours later on the 15? Maybe the 16? or will they just be getting a few hours head start on the official launch? noone knows!

You preorder the game, get a code, enter the code, get early access to the game, then once the game is out, the retailer will give you a discount on the game(for the same amount the preorder costed). It is registered to you.

EXAMPLE: In Iceland i bought a preorder code for 2000 and i get access to the early access, when the game is released, i get 2000 off the new game.

Hey, the way it really works is a dark and satanic vision of blood and death. They have a large circular room at BW-Austin tiled with the names of all the early-access code holders.

Dallas Dickinson then proceeds into the room wearing Sith robes with a naked virgin at his side. He then produces a massive vibroblade from beneath his robes and decapitates the virgin beside him. As the headless body runs around the room squirting arterial blood, they record the named tiles that have been splashed and invite those people for early access.

This is done on each day, for five days. Sick right? Why I refuse to participate in Early Access.

The idea to the pre-order is to slowly let ppl in to test stability as the official laungh day takes place quite similar to the weekend beta where they let ppl trickle over 2 days (was planned 3 but servers remainded stable enough to dump everyone in my saturday)
    Its most likely the initial subs will get in day 1 almost everyone else will be in day 2 and anyone else that isnt in yet will be in day 3 so no matter what you should have 2-3 days.
    This is also to help stagger the player base so everyone and there cousin isnt killing the same stuff in the same zone at the same time for the next 2 months.

What this means to the pvp player is that soon as you starting getting into alderaan the guys that got in first day will be killing you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Encarn View Post
    Hey, the way it really works is a dark and satanic vision of blood and death. They have a large circular room at BW-Austin tiled with the names of all the early-access code holders.

Dallas Dickinson then proceeds into the room wearing Sith robes with a naked virgin at his side. He then produces a massive vibroblade from beneath his robes and decapitates the virgin beside him. As the headless body runs around the room squirting arterial blood, they record the named tiles that have been splashed and invite those people for early access.

This is done on each day, for five days. Sick right? Why I refuse to participate in Early Access.
    Funniest shit I have ever heard!! LOL

What the web site should say is:

"You may receive up to 5 days free play. Options include, inventing a time machine, going back to September, and entering your preorder code then. Or a large plague hits killing off 80% of the customers who preordered. Or a nuclear war starts with China or Russia, killing a large chunk of people in the major cities. If we can get the internet back up, you'd be in the front of the line. Or, Obama shuts down the internet on the east coast, making a large fraction of the preorders unable to play. Or Blizzard gets MoP up and running in 10 days, and holy cow batman, pandas and pokemon don't suck. So people cancel their preorders, and you get early time. Etc."

So yea, you might get 5 days...
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!