Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Starship Troopers being remade.

Just found out from Moviepilot that Starship Troopers, a cult scifi classic is being remade.

I mean how can you have it without NPH a young Denise Richards and the shitty acting...

I'm crying inside right now.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Deleted
    Well the second one and the third one sucked i guess they now have to make the first one suck.

Fine by me as long as Uwe Boll doesn't direct it.

I heard about this the other day, I'm pretty excited for it. I wonder if the remake will take the same satirical approach that the original movie did, or if it will be closer to the message espoused by Heinlein in the book.

Who am I kidding, they'll probably water it way down and do neither.

Ah that movie is a classic! I wouldn't like to see it remade it was so bad it was good! Ricoooooo

I saw this on /Film not long ago. It's true!

http://www.slashfilm.com/starship-tr...ious-producer/
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Hollywood is shit right now. No original ideas what so ever. Some things don't need to be remade at all. I mean, a TOTAL RECALL remake is in post production atm.

However, a film like The Running Man, could be redone now with all the bullshit manufactured reality tv, and really, really shit over the (reality TV) genre from a great height. I wish reality tv would DIE!

Oh - don't mention the fact that films that were full of ultra violence, harsh language etc, being remade with pg13 sensibilities. This is what will happen with SST. Guaranteed.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how fine Denise was. NPH should be a requirement, too. Aliens, hot chicks, and grenades make for a good movie.

Always meant to read the book, along with thousands of other books
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    The Starship Troopers movie was different enough from Henlein's book that a reinterpretation could actually work quite well. I wouldn't mind seeing a new take on the story.

Frankly, I'm happy about any Sci-Fi that makes it into cinema. It seems like good Sci-Fi has been replaced by various Superhero flicks.

that dizzy chick had nice tits. that was her name right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Hollywood is shit right now. No original ideas what so ever. Some things don't need to be remade at all. I mean, a TOTAL RECALL remake is in post production atm.

However, a film like The Running Man, could be redone now with all the bullshit manufactured reality tv, and really, really shit over the (reality TV) genre from a great height. I wish reality tv would DIE!

Oh - don't mention the fact that films that were full of ultra violence, harsh language etc, being remade with pg13 sensibilities. This is what will happen with SST. Guaranteed.
    Aye, Hollywood is a joke. They do know that you can't remake Governator movies, right? It should be a law. Who the hell is going to replace him?

I do think that Running Man would fit very well into today's society. We are getting closer and closer to using convicts for entertainment every day.

Twins would be like the hardest movie ever to remake. How can you replace not just Arnold, but Devito too? Talk about two of the most unique actors ever.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    they better have bad acting and all, its what made the originals great! couldnt tell if it was a serious film with shit acting or a comedy film :\
    i hope NPH is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Well the second one and the third one sucked i guess they now have to make the first one suck.
    This.

They just want to complete the circle finally.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I saw this on /Film not long ago. It's true!

http://www.slashfilm.com/starship-tr...ious-producer/
    Hmm, not sure if pleased or worried by that news.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post

Why would you lambaste Hollywood for wanting to remake a movie that was itself adapted from a novel? If they remade Running Man it would probably end up being PG13 and terrible, you're right :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    that dizzy chick had nice tits. that was her name right?
    there was a few nice topless scenes in them movies, main reason to watch it when i was younger >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbaprime View Post
    Ah that movie is a classic! I wouldn't like to see it remade it was so bad it was good! Ricoooooo
    this is exactly what I was thinking xD

Anyway, back to topic. I loved Dizzy in the film, Denise Richards character should've been skewered. I do believe that using the novels original ideas and themes could definitely work. They just have to go all out. Taking a bit here and there won't work for a remake. Saying that however, people have said that the Conan remake was actually closer to the source material than Arnies film but, it didn't catch on with the movie goer. So who knows?

Don't forget we have reboots of Superman & Spider-Man next year..
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

The book is a classic, and an excellent read. The movie was a disgrace to it, hopefully the new one will not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The book is a classic, and an excellent read. The movie was a disgrace to it, hopefully the new one will not be.
    The movie is so bad it's good, as a stand alone from the book at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just wait for Ubisoft to completely dominate with the Assassin's Creed movie. Producers will be lining up to give creative control to the game developers to make even better movies.

R.I.P. YARG