LF a good ds game....

hello fellow mmochampgoers

as the title suggests im looking for a new ds game to play... (lots of time home soon, and lack of constant internet is bad)
    anyways i like typical rpgs and strategy games with interesting plots a list of my favorites
    TWEWY - i know few people who've played and disliked the game, mostly bc of the battle system
    Dawn of Souls - the soul system made it better than PoR, though i liked the latter's story more
    Dawn of Heroes - very wow-esque but it blew me away, it was thoroughly entertaining
    Dual Strike - i miss sturm like no other, but the loss of war room and challenge modes REALLY made DoR subpar imo (sad i liked the units in the latter more)
    DQ sentinals of the starry skies - i have no idea how long i played the game... too bad it wasnt very challenging

ive played FF3/4/revwings/ring of fates, all the pokemon, SMB(64,new,kart) iz the classics, front mission, disgaea, FFTA2

hopefully you can suggest some great games based on my preferences, ive missed a bunch recently (btw not a fan of games testing out the ds capabilities IE Elite Beat Agents - i played maybe 20 minutes before i drove back to gamestop to return it, or puzzle games)

TLR - hahahahaha

EDIT - ive heard good things about Radiant Historia, is it actually good??
    Last edited by princeofret; 2011-12-04 at 08:38 PM. Reason: missed something

10+ Year Old Account
    Radiant Historia is supposed to be great. I haven't played it though.

You should check out the Mario and Luigi games, they're some of the best RPGs for the system. Bowser's Inside Story and Partners in Time. Also, I would check out Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. It's a bit tough to find a decently-priced copy these days, but if you can definitely grab Dragon Quest V.

So many good RPGs for the system...

Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks
    Bowsers Inside Story/Partners in Time
    Metroid Prime Hunters(never played it, but heard it's good)
    Yoshi's Island DS
    Civilization Revolution

wow, ive never even ehard of a single one of the games you listed...

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, while not classics, are both solid Zelda games for DS you should invest in.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Dragon Quest Sentinels of the Starry Sky. Fantastic, has an amazing old school RPG feel.

hmmm, i forgot to mention that i played the M+L games lmao... and LoZ...

keep em coming lol and thanks for the responses =) ill have to give you a heads up on radiant historia (my friend had it and never told me >=( .......)

Quote Originally Posted by princeofret View Post
    hmmm, i forgot to mention that i played the M+L games lmao... and LoZ...

keep em coming lol and thanks for the responses =) ill have to give you a heads up on radiant historia (my friend had it and never told me >=( .......)
    Have you played Chrono Trigger?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a high tolerance for "CHEESY", check out Spectrobes 2. It's pretty much a Pokemon meets Archaeology(not WoWarch, regular kind), with arena-style fighting. Be warned, Spectrobes is a VERY niche game.

Other than that, most my favourites are already mentioned, but stay the fuck away from Golden Sun if you don't want puzzle in your RPGs. Golden Sun is the only DS game that had me take a break from playing because I considered smashing my head into a wall. If you have ever played Lufia 2 for SNES, Golden Sun is pretty much the new Lufia.

Also, Dungeon Maker. A somewhat unorthodox RPG/builder-mix, where you literally design your own dungeons. It's quite fun, kinda like "Okay, I want a new weapon ASAP, so I place those monsterspawns THERE, and this thingymajig HERE". Really just google it. Worth your money I'd say^^

Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time is also quite fun!
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2011-12-04 at 10:16 PM. Reason: FF:EoT
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

yeah ive played chrono trigger, im gonna get trolled for this, but when i played it as a kid it had this grandiose feeling to it, REALLY made you forget where you were, on the ds it was only reminiscing to the old days, it didn't really take my breath away. (tbh the last game that did that was tales of phantasia on the gba =(

im definitely gonna check out dungeon maker tho

10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't tried the Professor Layton games, they're fantastic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    Radiant Historia is supposed to be great. I haven't played it though.

You should check out the Mario and Luigi games, they're some of the best RPGs for the system. Bowser's Inside Story and Partners in Time. Also, I would check out Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. It's a bit tough to find a decently-priced copy these days, but if you can definitely grab Dragon Quest V.

So many good RPGs for the system...
    Bought it today after watching some of HCBailly's LP of it.

Just be aware, this game can be very hard to find. Only 1 copy at Gamestop within 20 miles of my town and that was the last copy. No other store in the same radius has it.

edit: Refering to Radiant Historia.

hmm lol, well again im gonna steal it from my friend (i jest, ill threaten him to let me borrow it =) but ive watched some youtube reviews and people think its amazing, so i hope so lol

Technically a re-release, but I would say the DS version of Chrono trigger if you can find it.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You definitely want to play Radiant Historia. Be warned that it can be relatively hard to find though.

Don't be fooled by people ot liking TWEWY.
    Dear lord that game is amazing. It's use os the stylus will risk the life of your DS screen, but it is definetely worth the investment if you can find a copy. The music is catchy and upbeat, the battle system is chaotic, and the story isn't too in depth, but it keeps you going. Well worth the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also recommend Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Pretty typical RPG game with a decent class system, I found it a lot of fun and the length was good. Can easily get a good 40+ hours out of it if you do all the side stuff and get the best weapons and all the Djinn and such.