I want a beast master class, lore junkies help me out

I don't know what you would call this class within the star wars universe, but I want them to add a class that has beasts as pets. I remember in the old days of swg when people had large acklays and rancors. So within the bounds of lore what class could handle these types of beasts? What kind of armor/weaponry would they use? Would you want a class like that? For practical reasons i think the pets would have to be scaled down :'(

I think they're called companions in TOR ./endthread

OT: Sandpeople!

Quote Originally Posted by Edeen View Post
    I think they're called companions in TOR ./endthread

OT: Sandpeople!
    I love that you used a "." so that the / command wouldnt actually end my thread. Oh wow habits. But really beasts not talking companions

Deleted
    Nightsister Sith witches or Sith witches in general use rancors

Quote Originally Posted by Durh View Post
    Nightsister Sith witches or Sith witches in general use rancors
    I read that book! Its terrible

If I remember right in SWG Beast Mastery was a part of the Officer Expertise Path. They might put it in later on, then again I don't know if they really should take any pages from SWG's book tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    NERF HERDER

BW make it happen :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no Beast Masters...

I believe you're looking for Dxun's beast-riders. They were featured in KOTOR 2 and they had a major arch in the original Knights of the Old Republic comics published long before Bioware began working on the video game. However as they are, obviously, only on Dxun and Onderon it would be sort of a boring class to get stuck on one planet so you could use your major resource. Considering how badly the animals of Dxun reacted to space travel even with a master tamer's guidance I'd say the idea of just "taking them with you" is tantamount to saying you'd bring sharks onto a land battle and hope someone tripped over them before you did.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

It would be hard to implement due to companions. Whether you think if them like pets or not they operate like one allowing you to control or set auto attacks. Adding another pet that you can control or set to auto plus your moved, overly complicated system for sure

Quote Originally Posted by tripplebooya View Post
    It would be hard to implement due to companions. Whether you think if them like pets or not they operate like one allowing you to control or set auto attacks. Adding another pet that you can control or set to auto plus your moved, overly complicated system for sure
    Unless your companions are the beasts!
    ...which would be really lame, the more I think about that.

I literally thought about that... But they'd be no dialogue, crew skills, etc.

Unless you got like 4 normal ones and then a 5th slot that could be filled by any tamed beast, still seems off though.

I'd really like to see a non force melee class, vibroblades, whips, axes.. a friggin axe with a laser edge ..ugh

I love melee but IM not big on Jedi/Sith

I'm assuming this is a joke thread ( if not, uggggh *headache*).
    Bounty Hunters get a fucking Jawa, beat that! Not even one of those giant space worms can top a Jawa.