Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Just wanted to make a thread about this awesome cartoon.

I'm talking about the new CGI cartoon, not the 2003 animated series. The 2003 animated series is great, but was short lived. It's very stylized and follows the storyline of Anakin the most.

The new cartoon, the one playing season 4 on cartoon network right now is amazing. If your a star wars fan and havent checked it out yet you're really missing out.

I always made the mistake of watching the episodes out of order. I would watch if I caught it at some point but never really got the whole story. Do yourself a favour and watch it in order. The storylines are great. The animations are amazing and the voice acting is really top notch.

Some of my favorite characters have got to be Ahsoka Tano (Anakins padawan), Cad Bane, Ziro the Hutt, Aurra Sing. The troopers are also amazing, the season 3 first episode deals with the clone troopers in detail.

Anyways, here's a season 4 teaser that I think will make my point.

Deleted
    I really hate the prequels. Is this better written? I dont want to get annoyed with star wars 10 days before SWTOR comes out

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    I really hate the prequels. Is this better written? I dont want to get annoyed with star wars 10 days before SWTOR comes out
    I started watching to get in the mood for SWTOR. It's very well written. It does get mired in politics sometimes but I'd say 75% of it is Jedi action.

Deleted
    I might give it a whirl then.

Is grievus nerfed like episode 3 or still a badass
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Deleted
    Looks great! Gonna go give it a watch

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    Is grievus nerfed like episode 3 or still a badass
    grievous hasn't really been in it much

in my opinion this series is better than movies all 6 of them
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    I might give it a whirl then.
    Good good! I think it will be interesting for you. If you're into SWTOR I can see where they pulled a lot of the classes from. You have Assassins, Jedi Knights, Consulars, Agents, Bounty Hunters all in the series.

It does kinda focus sometimes a lot on Ahsoka Tano. She's the 3rd main character I guess next to Anakin and Obi-wan. She's a 14-15 year old Togruta Jedi in training. I thought it would make the show kinda silly focusing around that, but shes actually one of the best characters on the show. She's kinda a rebel like Anakin but she's wise and measured like Yoda. The episode Assassin (s03e07) shows what a powerful Jedi she becomes. Really good stuff.

anyone know where to watch?

its like 30 bucks for one season.
    and i kinda spent all my cash on video games

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    grievous hasn't really been in it much
    yeah, he kinda comes and goes. Always with a plan that fails and he gets away. Seriously.. why dont they use magnets to catch him..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    anyone know where to watch?

its like 30 bucks for one season.
    and i kinda spent all my cash on video games
    don't think we are allowed to talk about that kind of thing

i know www.starwars.com used to stream old episodes
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    don't think we are allowed to talk about that kind of thing

i know www.starwars.com used to stream old episodes
    Yeah, there are full episodes on the official site here: http://www.starwars.com/watch/the-clone-wars/

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait when did this show start!?!?

I remember the original cartoon but it never really clicked with me. I've been seeing Clone Wars pop up around the internet but assumed it was the old 2003 one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Wait when did this show start!?!?

I remember the original cartoon but it never really clicked with me. I've been seeing Clone Wars pop up around the internet but assumed it was the old 2003 one.
    Started in 2008 I believe. Season 4 is on Cartoon Network now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah, there are full episodes on the official site here: http://www.starwars.com/watch/the-clone-wars/
    None of then are from season 1 though
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that saddens me is they are starting to get into Anakins turning to the dark side

which means there isn't that much left to the series

i hope i'm wrong

i do have to ask someone else's opinion though i've been noticing that even though there is no blood they do have a lot of death (i know it's a war) but sometimes i wonder how it's on cartoon network and for kids

15+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that saddens me is they are starting to get into Anakins turning to the dark side

which means there isn't that much left to the series

i hope i'm wrong

i do have to ask someone else's opinion though i've been noticing that even though there is no blood they do have a lot of death (i know it's a war) but sometimes i wonder how it's on cartoon network and for kids
    I think its rated PG. Not sure.

They're also putting out a Star Wars live action series thats set between episode III and episode IV. Rise of the Empire shit.

50 episodes written so far.

Well it wouldn't make much sense to call it "The Clone WARS" if there was no deaths, although they really take it overboard a few times.

It's still worth the watch though, even if there are massive variations to quality.

i really wanted Ahsoka's race was in TOR but oh well, i love the make up on them like Jedi master Shakti had

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i really wanted Ahsoka's race was in TOR but oh well, i love the make up on them like Jedi master Shakti had
    Yeah, would have been cool for sure.

Actually Ahsoka's makeup is inspired by the Miyazaki film Princess Mononoke.