Poll: Kill 1 to save 1,000?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    If 1,000 people were on their way to kill 1, then it would be justified to kill the 1,000. That's how the justice system works.
    *Serious face... fist in air.*

It really depends on who the people are. I could kill the one and save a thousand, but those thousands could go on to kill people themselves, or the one could go on to invent the cure for a fatal disease or solve world hunger or whatever. However, without any knowledge of the future, chances are I would kill the one to save a thousand.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of a tough call, in a straight situation the 1000 people are absolutely going to die if you don't kill the 1 then yes, but it'd be difficult for that exact situation to occur, it'd be more likely kill the 1 to save the 1000 from a possible death.

At the end of the day though, you personally taking the mans life (unless at gun point to do so I guess) would be against the law so if it came to a 1000 person hostage situation and they said "kill this guy or they all die" the police would have to then protect him not kill him, like what happened in the Dark Knight.

Though I don't know if you have ever seen Torch Wood: Children of earth but that has a very similar situation, it's basically "Can you kill your only son to save half the children of earth"

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming I don't know either, I'd probably just let all 1,001 die. It's not my problem.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow