Deleted

About Addons' configurations reseting / possibly erased

I had this issue last night... Wow was having server issues (BG / Raid / Dungeon servers going down causing mass disconnects... connection problems... automated teleports to HS' designated points and the lots) and so i got disconnected at some point myself... when i relogged i saw 2 of my UI's main addons: Satrina Buff Frames 3.2 [Updated] , Stuf Unit Frames (which took M A N Y hours to configure!) were reseted to default state. The addons were updated and fully functional with patch 4.3 by the way...up to the day (yesterday night while i was in Firelands) when i got Disconnected.

NOTE: NO, i didn't fix or was fixing the addons at that point before i got Disconnected...my addons were normally saved and used for more than 3-4 months already and never had a similar issue.

What's going on? How am i supposed to get my addons back to my configurations?! I tried restoring my system back to a previous point that worked fine: Nothing. I tried to Repair Wow: Nothing. I tried to delete WTF / Interface / Cache and just copy the parts that were crucial to have my UI back to how i've configured it: Nothing.
    I even talked with a GM and we concluded that it was impossible for Blizzards' part to have reseted or erased my addons' configurations...

Please i really need some help here...i am really disencouraged from configuring these 2 addons to how i had before because they require a lot of time and effort (and i mean A LOT!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I also had this happen and learned the hard way that you need to have your WTF and Addons folder backed up for situations like this. I make a copy of those two folders weekly and throw them on my desktop just in case. As far as I know, you're out of luck and have to start over. It sucks, but if you have any screenshots use those as a reference to get it back to the way they were. Good luck to you either way!

Deleted
    No...No god...please...no...seriously....just tell me...that there HAS TO BE...another #$%#@Q$@#Q way...really...
    I don't care if i have to climb 3782873 mountains or w/e but really...this ...and especially FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON...just coz of 1 disconnect and due to blizzard's fault obviously...i have to remake all this?

Deleted
    Check your WTF SavedVariables folders for .bak versions of files. They are only made every so often, but if you've had your UI for as long as you say you have, it might be worth a shot.
    Also, Windows (Vista and higher) keeps copies of files' previous versions for indexed folders (possibly for others too). Try checking of Right Click->Properties->Previous Versions shows anything.

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 07:48 PM ----------

Oh yes, and I recommend you schedule an automated backup script to avoid future incidents. I use the following .bat file:
    Code:
    @echo off
    SETLOCAL
    SET file=%DATE:~3,2%%DATE:~0,2%%DATE:~-4%-%TIME:~0,2%%TIME:~3,2%

%TIME:~6,2%
    SET wowdir=D:\World of Warcraft
    SET bakdir=D:\wtfbak
    cd /D "C:\Program Files\WinRAR"
    rar a -r- %bakdir%\wtfbak-%file%.rar "%wowdir%\WTF\Config.wtf" & rar 

a %bakdir%\wtfbak-%file%.rar "%wowdir%\WTF\Account\STOLENLEGACY"
    ENDLOCAL
    Replace the values in the SET lines as appropriate, as well as the ACCNAME placeholder. You can also use task scheduler to run this frequently.

Deleted
    If you are lucky, the data may be in a ".lua.bak" file.

Also, try right clicking on the lua configuration, and select "Restore previous versions" (probably won't work though).

Did you lost settings of all addons or just the two addons you mention ?