so anyone got a guide on the crafting system?

im having a hard time understanding it . where do i pick up these skills? do i send companions out on missions ? im confused .

Deleted
    Armormech

Description: With Armormech you can create armor for your character from hard metals and electronic shielding. Characters and companions that have this skill will also be capable of reverse engineering their crafted armors and have a chance of discovering new ways to enhance armor creation. Armormech is using materials provided through Scavenging (gathering skill), Investigation (mission skill) and Underworld Trading (mission skill).

Armstech

Description: The Armstech skill is required for crafting blasters and blaster rifles (such as the Assault Cannon, Blaster Pistol, Blaster Rifle and Sniper Rifle) and weapon upgrades (Barrels, Scopes and Triggers). Just like for the Armormech profession, the Armstech skill also allows reverse engineering to be performed on crafted blasters and possibily find out new ways to improve the creation of blasters. Armstech uses resources mostly acquired through the Scavenging gathering skill and the Treasure Hunting mission skill.

Artifice

Description: Artifice enables the construction of Jedi and Sith artifacts, focusing on creating modifications for Lightsabers, underlays and overlays of armors, focii, wrist items and feet items, namely: Circuitry, Emitter Matrix, Focus Crystal, Focus Lens, Gadget, Harness, Overlay, Underlay and Resonance Crystal. There is a great variety of Lightsaber modifications designed to enhance the attributes of a Force-user in combat, such as color crystals (also affect the color of the Lightsaber), power crystals, hilts, emitter matrices, and focus lens. Through reverse engineering of Artifice-crafted items you will have a chance of discovering new ways to improve creation of armors. Artifice based crafting requires materials gained through the Archaeology gathering skill.

Biochem

Description: With Biochem you can develop attribute-enhancing chemical serums and medical and biological implants. The Biochem skill enables the creation of medpacs (used for healing), stimulants (injections) to enhance physical performance and biological implants that can boost fighting skills. The Biochem products can also go through a reverse engineering process with a certain chance of discovering new ways to improve implant creation. The Biochem skill is using materials obtained with the Bioanalysis gathering skill.

Cybertech

Description: The Cybertech skill allows producing parts and upgrades for Droids and high-tech armors for non-Force classes such as earpieces, implants, wrist-guards, and boots as well as modifications for some items: Harnesses, Overlays, Underlays, Circuitry, Gadgets and Generators. Reverse engineering is available for the Cybertech skill as well and the resources needed for Cybertech crafting come from the Scavenging and Slicing gathering skills but also from the Treasure Hunting, and Underworld Trading mission skills.

Synthweaving

Description: Synthweaving represents the knowledge of creating lighter armors (similar with tailoring and leatherworking from other MMO games to a certain extent) for light-armor wearing classes (most likely Sith Inquisitors and Jedi Consulars). Some of the resources required for Synthweaving like premade solutions, suspensions and composites can be purchased from vendors. Other necessary materials can be acquired through the Archaeology gathering skill but also from Diplomacy, Investigation and Underworld Trading mission skills. Just like in all the rest of the crafting skills, the items resulted from Synthweaving can be reverse engineered.

Same as wow Really you can find mats in the world like ore vines are scrap piles you can take apart old weapons and gear for others or send you companion on geathering quest.

You can also follow the steps in game to understand it better.

First of all, when you reach the fleet you will see a quest location at a drop box on your minimap located right as you walk out from the docking bay. This quest sends you to talk to crew skill trainers. Talking to each on rewards XP. Talking to each one adds an entry in the Codex. The Codex is like an in game Wiki that explains what you need to know, like which skills go with one another.

There is entirely too many variables for me to write out to try and explain it all to you. You can use darthhater, r2-db or even this very forum on some of the threads already discussing this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    You can also follow the steps in game to understand it better.

First of all, when you reach the fleet you will see a quest location at a drop box on your minimap located right as you walk out from the docking bay. This quest sends you to talk to crew skill trainers. Talking to each on rewards XP. Talking to each one adds an entry in the Codex. The Codex is like an in game Wiki that explains what you need to know, like which skills go with one another.

There is entirely too many variables for me to write out to try and explain it all to you. You can use darthhater, r2-db or even this very forum on some of the threads already discussing this topic.
    well i know i wanna go armstech scavaging and treasure hunting. you can only have 3 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    well i know i wanna go armstech scavaging and treasure hunting. you can only have 3 right?
    Yup. 1 main and 2 gathering or 3 gathering.

This next part is opinionated so take from it what you want -

Treasure hunting is the only thing I would send my companions out on to do because as far as I have seen (in 25 levels) is that that is the only way to actually level that profession up. Furthermore, that professions yields you rare and epic crafting supplies which can't be gathered consistently (or at all for all I have seen). The other skill (scavenging) you can do on your own just fine out in the worlds. You don't need to waste credits sending your companions out on those missions.

Now, you do realize that treasure hunting yields crystals?

The Codex recommends Armstech to have these 2 skills -
    Recommended Gathering Skills: Scavenging (Scavenged Metals and Compounds).
    Recommended Mission Skills: Investigation (Researched Compounds).
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2011-12-05 at 07:46 PM. Reason: clarity, I has it

Yes you can only have 3 - Only 1 crafting though. If you wanted 3 gatherin you could if you didnt want a crafting skil. When u pick up say Armstech, it will list what goes best with it in ya codex

Deleted
    I wouldn't be to worried when you pick a crafting skill it gives you tool tips in what other 2 skills marry best with it, and if you choose wrong just dump it and choose again. just like wow, its the same really but you have bots you can send out to get little bits here and there

Treasure hunting is the only thing I would send my companions out on to do because as far as I have seen (in 25 levels) is that that is the only way to actually level that profession up. Furthermore, that professions yields you rare and epic crafting supplies which can't be gathered consistently (or at all for all I have seen). The other skill (scavenging) you can do on your own just fine out in the worlds. You don't need to waste credits sending your companions out on those missions.

so instead of treasure hunting i should go investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    so instead of treasure hunting i should go investigation?
    Yes, or be prepared to spend a lot of credits buying mats.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

All professions can yield "rare and epic" supplied, even scavenging. It's when you get a "critical". Some companions have a bonus to +critical to certain skills, at high levels, these will probably be the only ones you send, in hopes of getting rare/epic drops.