Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Their intentions might of been good, and in the end distributed the same amount of loot per raid just going to all 3 characters, however since its not how the loot system was suppose to work it is considered an exploit regardless. There should be competition to it not just bring in 3 mains at a time to get them all decked out in 384 gear that was not the intention of LFR or its loot, so they receive a ban.
    It's exactly how the system is supposed to work. 3 people ended up in a LFR run with 22 saved people. The only ones that get loot are the 3 unsaved people.
    Next run another group of 3 people gets loot etc.

The people that already got loot can stay in the raid for next LFR run because that's how the system works. They won't get any gear though.

To put it another way, what do you think would happen if you queue LFR and end up in a raid with 24 other people who are all saved (lol, like that will ever happen)? I'll tell you, you get absolutely everything that drops, because that's how the system works.

Sure, in pugs that's unlikely to happen but most top guilds can easily put together a group of 22 alts that can clear LFR. Say you have 39 raiders, 13 of each token. You run LFR 13 times, the 22 alts and 3 new mains each time. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

You see, the difference is that you're still at the mercy of RNG, you can still, as one of the 3 mains, only get loot in one run, and if it happens to only drop vanquisher and agi leather and you're a warrior ... oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    In addition to this Miralynn I have found out you are Ghostcrawler.
    Well, that would explain the mob with torches and pitchforks at my front door. BRB running for my life.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mische View Post
    Actually, nubcake, I'm a multi-millionare in South Africa. Got an IT business, six commercial properties, an on-line store... so, go f--k yourself. You don't punish customers for finding out how to use a system to their advantage when you were the one responsible for making the mistake in the first place. It's not like any laws were broken or anyone lost money. Some people just got a lot more loot. Big deal.
    Ya huh sure you do. First of all theres a difference between a game and your little company. Games are competitive. Games have rules. Just like in sports, if you get caught cheating, you pay the price.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    In addition to this Miralynn I have found out you are Ghostcrawler.
    wh-

Ghostcrawler is a woman?

I am shock.

what makes me mad. Is that players like myself who is in a progression guild tried this ONCE to see if blizzard accualy were stupied enough to realease content with such a massive BUG. And yes we tried it once we stopped, then we laughed at blizzard for making such a obvious mistake. But we stopped, we did not continue you abuse the system in anyway. But still several of our players got a 8 day bann. Again blizz talk about beeing lazy

There was a man who robbed liquor store ones he got 3 months in Jail
    THEN there was a man who continuously robbed 15 diffrent liquours stores he got 3 years in JAIL

I already hate blizzard, but when they pass out banns you have to justify between abusing and harrasing the system several times, and how some guilds like us wanted to see if it worked and stopped after doing it 1 time. It's unfair. For you people saying " OH IM GLAD you got banned" Well if i get 8 days, paragon should i get 80. There is a huge diffrence between Abuse, and Curiosity, Especially when blizzard made this obvious mistake, they have to MAN up and say ok theese guys did it once, ofcourse they wanted to test it out we are all human we cant blame them, and then we have the people who should be banned for 8 days who did this 10-20 times.

Sorry, you deserved your bans. While your "tactic" was clever indeed, you really should have thought about what you were doing. Fact, you were cheating the system. Enjoy your bans. And I hope someone who has never gotten a world first, gets one. Not like I care about world or sever firsts anyway, but clearly, you people do.

And to the people who say "we just dabbled in it and stopped". #1 Cool story. #2 Did you report the bug immediately via a ticket?
    Last edited by Herethebeef; 2011-12-06 at 03:06 PM.

This punishments needs to hurt, otherwise people will do it again.
    No suspension and gear removal only for example would have been no loss for them.
    It needs to hurt or you just look at risk vs. reward. Without a big punishment, you would try it again everytime you have the chance about.
    Now maybe the people will think twice before doing it.

Deleted
    wowaccountadmin@blizzard?

umm i get like 40 spam mails a day from that addy, that cant be the proper one?

Quote Originally Posted by Morbycakes View Post
    Fucking. This. I guess fixing things and saying "YO MY BAD, IMA JUST TAKE THIS LOOT AWAY AND BE ON MY WAY" is too much for Buzzard entertainment. It's a good thing the first fights in DS are going to be atrocious because they can't design more than 1-2 good encounters per tier for the life of them, otherwise the lost progression time might actually matter.
    Yeah, just because I left the door open I basicly told you to come into my house and steal my TV.

You don't go into the street and smack someone in the face because you don't like him. And then when the police comes round your house to pick you up, you tell them: "Well, nobody stopped me from doing it, so merely thought I was allowed to do it!".

Since freaking day 1 getting loot from a raid more than once a week has been something that's not possible, allowed or whatever you want to call it. Those who participated in these actions knew damn well they were doing something that wasn't allowed.

Those who de-subscribe now, please, do so, good riddance, your view on morals and 'justice' are off, wrong and utterly f*cked, we're happy to see the lot of you turn away. And if you claim the Heroic World First race is fucked now? Well MAYBE you should've given that some thought BEFORE you exploited something?

Quote Originally Posted by Zennien View Post
    what makes me mad. Is that players like myself who is in a progression guild tried this ONCE to see if blizzard accualy were stupied enough to realease content with such a massive BUG. And yes we tried it once we stopped, then we laughed at blizzard for making such a obvious mistake. But we stopped, we did not continue you abuse the system in anyway. But still several of our players got a 8 day bann. Again blizz talk about beeing lazy

There was a man who robbed liquor store ones he got 3 months in Jail
    THEN there was a man who continuously robbed 15 diffrent liquours stores he got 3 years in JAIL

I already hate blizzard, but when they pass out banns you have to justify between abusing and harrasing the system several times, and how some guilds like us wanted to see if it worked and stopped after doing it 1 time. It's unfair. For you people saying " OH IM GLAD you got banned" Well if i get 8 days, paragon should i get 80. There is a huge diffrence between Abuse, and Curiosity, Especially when blizzard made this obvious mistake, they have to MAN up and say ok theese guys did it once, ofcourse they wanted to test it out we are all human we cant blame them, and then we have the people who should be banned for 8 days who did this 10-20 times.
    Well officer I only stabbed him in the chest once to see if it work work .....
    I'm glad you got banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhastadude View Post
    woahh hold your thought right there, you are forgetting about the asian men. STARS!
    Still it feels different. That exploit would not give them infite loot til everyone gets what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    All of the top guilds in EU gets banned and none of the top US?

Blizzard decides to ban them for a whole lockout (8 days), which has never been done before? (Never seen bans longer than 3 days in theese situations)

Sure sounds wierd to me

(And no my point is not that guils that cheat should get away with it.)
    EU players are smarter?
    US Players didn't care too much maybe... Wow Progress reflected only US guilds at the top, since US had a head start on the patch.

I dunno. but it's sure an interesting pattern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Cheating in a game show will also get you removed (possibly banned from entering future game shows).

That is also serious f'n business.
    I rest my case.

I hope they didn't let the people that profited with loot keep it, no sense banning them and letting them keep the "stolen" loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Remember, kids, on the internet, EVERYBODY is a dashingly handsome multi-millionaire married to a supermodel with advanced black belts in every martial art!
    Ha ha! How did you know I was handsome too? :P Yup - dated a few supermodel material girls. You're dead wrong on the martial art bit though.

My sawn-off Mossberg pump-action shotgun, my .38 snubby pretty much deal quite well with any intruders in my house. Have to keep those damn "locals" out my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffoo View Post
    How did people do the exploit i mean what was the exploit to get more loot? Do someone excatcly know excatcly what people did to get multiple loot?
    It's been described in detail about 20 times in this thread. Anyway, Blizz hotfixed it now.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanG545 View Post
    I hope they didn't let the people that profited with loot keep it, no sense banning them and letting them keep the "stolen" loot.
    They were removed with it, Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Well, that's why it's not a permanent ban.
    He never said he did that, but talked about good players as a whole.

I honestly hope you get a long term ban someday for something you didn't do, just so
    some people on the forum can point out your immensely bulging stupidity.

The only one to blame here is you, for small minded, ignorant, lame as ____ forum comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    If such a large majority is against you, it's time to move on to a different topic before one of them reports you for trolling.
    How is disagreeing trolling? Also it's 50% (just making up numbers).

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad that my account is still off for some days. Otherwise...