Page 1 of 59
... LastLast

LFR Exploit Bans - 8 Days

Bans were thrown out to those of us that exploited LFR.
    Proof:

i44.tinypic.com/2i6kwsn.png

Throwaway account, obviously. I'm ashamed we even tried it, so I'd like to be anonymous. Every one in our guild ended up deleting all of the gear the next day, we got banned anyways. Even people who didn't receive loot, but were in, were banned. My account has no prior issues.

Deleted
    hahaha oh ahaha

sorry, but good. if this is real anyway.

theres a 2nd thread on this so i am inclinded to believe it.

Same here. 72 hour suspension. Best part is, I didn't take any loot or anything all I did was tag along. They had better ban all the other top guilds main raiders too, because this is fucking bullshit otherwise. Inc week of incredibly skewed rankings.

I hope I wasn't unfortunate enough to get in a group that did this :X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbycakes View Post
    Same here. 72 hour suspension. Best part is, I didn't take any loot or anything all I did was tag along. They had better ban all the other top guilds main raiders too, because this is fucking bullshit otherwise. Inc week of incredibly skewed rankings.
    hm 72 hours, how come some are saying 8days and others 72hours, they given people different times depending on how much they did it?

Same here. 72 hour suspension. Best part is, I didn't take any loot or anything all I did was tag along.
    Did you disconnect intending to be an eligible exploit looter, but just weren't lucky enough to get anything, or were you legitimately not cheating whatsoever?

I got banned for that, but I never got any loot from it. I had to leave because a rogue in the group trained everyone and the bosses just dropped all agi loot and non pally tokens. They say I was eligible for loot though, they unbanned me after a phone call though lol

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    hm 72 hours, how come some are saying 8days and others 72hours, they given people different times depending on how much they did it?
    Every one in my guild that got banned, got banned for 8 days.

I was in the raid. I actually had intent to take something, but instead I passed it to the Fury Warrior. Everyone in my guild that got banned got a 72 hour instead of an 8 day. Don't know why 8 days are being given.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwawayokay View Post
    Every one in my guild that got banned, got banned for 8 days.
    sorry, but that is hilarious! right before hc unlocks. i hope paragon also got 8days, bye bye world first.

sorry, but that is hilarious! right before hc unlocks. i hope paragon also got 8days, bye bye world first.
    Good players are still good players, we'll still out-play our competition, a week later or not.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Grats to Blizzard on creating a flawed system and suspending thousands of players for 3-8 days or whatever it ends up being individually. Can't wait to see the amount of rage people are going to have about being suspended for taking advantage of a bug that should have been fixed in PTR.
    I agree with this. I feel sorry for any one who might accidentally get banned who didn't understand what was going on. It's silly, really, that Blizzard allowed this to happen.

/random 100, I bet they didn't even hit everyone. Most people I personally know still got nothing although they bragged about using those exploits.

well while I agree that 8 days may actually change something up but 72 hours ...somewhat doubt that. Just two days of progression at most. Anyways remember that legendary guild that exploited their way to c'thun because they were lazy ....yeah.

There's no such thing as an 8 day suspension, nice try.

Do the crime, pay the time, kids!

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Grats to Blizzard on creating a flawed system and suspending thousands of players for 3-8 days or whatever it ends up being individually. Can't wait to see the amount of rage people are going to have about being suspended for taking advantage of a bug that should have been fixed in PTR.
    Fucking. This. I guess fixing things and saying "YO MY BAD, IMA JUST TAKE THIS LOOT AWAY AND BE ON MY WAY" is too much for Buzzard entertainment. It's a good thing the first fights in DS are going to be atrocious because they can't design more than 1-2 good encounters per tier for the life of them, otherwise the lost progression time might actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by PickledOnion View Post
    There's no such thing as an 8 day suspension, nice try.
    There is now, the ban reaches monday night - tuesday next week, perfectly preventing heroic progression for a week.

The reason it was never fixed in the PTR was because no one reported it. They thought that if no one knew that they could get away with it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

They probably did 8 days of suspension, so it's one full raid week plus today.

Well done Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    The server are going to be empty for a few days

Oh god, people are going to think we left to SWTOR
    nothing bad about leaving for swtor, nothing but good reason actually...