Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    It is the same as you would find a pack of cigarettes lying around. You would be stupid not to take it. Oh I can't because they belong to someone else. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

If you are lame enough to lose, you have no right to it.

Let us get back to my original post since, you lost the point what I want to tell here.

That was my original post
    Even going by your original post, if it was against the law to pick it up even though you find it then it would be wrong. There is a rule against doing these things it is called the ToS agreement that you accept when you play or sign up. If you didn't read it then its your fault, but the issue is that they knew it was wrong stop trying to justify it with your failed logic, ignorance is not a defense as well, wrong is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Old View Post
    For all posting hate in here, most of you terribly overlook the situation.

1) This is a game, we are not stealing anything.

2) It doesn't affect 99,99% of you, and you probably have no idea how we would use this gear and for how long, but still so many people feel entitled to have strong opinions on the matter.

3) Many exploits haven't resulted in a ban in the past. Even tho some top guilds used them, you (all) are the first to completely ignore them when you reckon "X is a good guild, Y is the best, etc.."

4) Using an exploit is never obvious for top guilds. Decisions have to be taken rapidly, on the move.

5) We have spent the last 5 months farming Firelands with up to 5 groups a week for legendaries. We are only playing this game for this very week of progress and the commitment needed is quite energy draining. Banning 3 days and removing gear is punishment. Banning 8 days is giving you the big middle finger and screwing 5 months of preparation on top of the week of vacation people took from their work. It doesn't really look fair to me to simply impede you from playing the only week of the year you really want to.

6) Quite frankly, it's clearly our fault for exploiting, no one say otherwise. But much much more than that, it's the fault of Blizzard inconsistency in their behavior. Trust me, if all the past exploits had resulted in a ban, no one would have exploited this, ever.

7) Does it set an example? Hell no, we all know that tons of future bugs will be exploited and nothing will ever happen.

8) What of the race? Well think whatever you want on the matter, but I personnally don't play just to get "world first". I play to compete with other guilds and quite frankly, we all found ways to get an edge at some point. Those "innocent" guilds that will rush Heroic modes while 95% of their competitors are on the bench waiting, I feel bad for them. Maybe it's what they need to actually get decent rankings, one day isn't enough for US guilds? Anyway, if, by some extraodinary means, one of the banned guild takes a world first, I would disband my so-called competitive guild if I were you.
    Great post! But I bold the part I really like and agreed with =) Good luck to all those that were banned and hope you all come back stronger! The REAL race starts when these World top guild get back in action IMO. I also hope all you guys learn from this crap and never give these other guild such a big lead in the race next time hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    FFS can people stop trying to justify what they did as 'OK' because it was a bug Blizzard should have known about. There is literally millions of things that can happen in a game and this 'bug' isn't like 'standing in a corner' or 'kiting not killing adds'. It's cheating the game into making it think you're eligible for loot when you aren't. It involves logging in and out, leaving and re-joining raids. IT'S SNEAKY AS FUCK. It's like someone using a complicated series of loop holes to defraud someone.

A standard 'bug' (standing in a corner to avoid some shit): *hands in the air* "Really? that's a bug? But that's just where we stand"

vs

LFR-abuse: "Yes Blizzard, we regularly disband the raid, all log off, log back in and distribute loot. Honest"

Grow the fuck up and shut up you whining pussies.
    100% Epic Blade of 1000 Truths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonhyde View Post
    Lol I could see this MAYBE being an argument if it were a boss mechanic or group make up you were taking advantage of. But this? No way! Lol how are you gonna think that gearing YOUR ENTIRE RAID in full t13 is somewhere in the grey area. How are you gonna even think about the concept of getting full 4pc bonuses in the first couple days of release and NOT think that Blizz is not going to like that. Regardless of what they let slip in the past
    T13.384 vs T12.291, that's hardly a major upgrade.

And even without the bug many players in these top guilds would have been in 4T13 by now. How?
    - Run the LFR with 22 alts, and 3 new mains each time.
    - Run normal modes with a mix of alts and mains.

Compare that with the faction change bug, where people farmed heroic FL gear in preparation for Ragnaros by changing realm. T12.391 vs T11.372, that's a much bigger upgrade. But Blizzard condoned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Its gonna be funny/sad to see some no name guild like "Grits and Granola" having worlds first..... what has this game come to.
    Hey if they didnt cheat there way to the top like some other guilds i welcome this!! Go Go other guilds imo.
    lol at 'no named guilds' acting like there is only 10 fucking guilds in this game.
    I saw a post about paragon wanting to play swtor? please dont we dont want you to spread your cheating virus over there too thank you!
    Last edited by BatteredSausage; 2011-12-06 at 05:27 PM.

I love peoiple that think they are smarter then anyone else, is what we call smartasses...
    Smartasses got banned haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    (Insert unknown guild here) got World First Heroic (insert Dragon Soul Boss here) **************

*None of the best guilds in the world were able to compete.

What a great tier this is going to be..........
    The best guilds are competing right now. The cheater guilds are not the best guilds.

Mark McGuire, Floyd Landis.....there's a long list.

It'll be the best Tier, imo.

Good job Blizzard the ppl who exploited knew that they were exploiting so good on them i hope most of them got 8 days!

Well deserved ban, and reasonable ban time.

If a guild starts to act like an idiot and exploits just to get an unfair advantage on it's competitors.
    I wouldn't just take the undeserved gear from it, i would take a whole week from them so they LEARN not to try such bs again.

If they just take the gear, Lol/care still got reasonable gear for heroic mode anyway.

and anyone who calls it "Clever use of in-game mechanics" is just delusional

T13.384 4 set for tanks is really quite good ......

and again the fanboys crying over a guild they`ll never join getting banned for exploiting , no matter how they tried to justify there cheating.

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLO

Overrated

Overrated was a Horde World of Warcraft guild, based on the US Black Dragonflight Realm. On November 2 2006, the majority of the guild members were indefinitely banned from the game for use of (or directly benefiting from) a third-party "wall-hack", used to bypass content within the game. Before being banned, Overrated was a top Horde guild in the US, having completed all the pre-expansion WOW instance content before any other guilds in their faction and geographic locale, though the legitimacy of any and all of their accomplishments is called into question by their actions.

History
    Overrated came about from the merger of two major guilds on the US Shadow Moon Realm, LNC (Late Night Crew) and Bloodsworn. LNC was formed from the most competitive players of two guilds, and Dreamworks Redux. Both guilds merged in order purge "inactive" players from their ranks to allow for faster progression through instances.

Bloodsworn had effectively led the Shadow Moon Realm, and other U.S. Horde guilds over the various realms, in game progression throughout Molten Core and then onto Blackwing Lair, the next "end-game" instance. Bloodsworn disbanded shortly after completing the instance that followed in BlackWing Lair's trail, Ahn'Qiraj. This came as a shock to the gaming community on the Shadow Moon Realm with different reasons for the separation surfacing. It was later clarified that the split was brought about by leadership differences between their Guild Master, Domali and their raid leader Anujit versus the other officers and players. The majority of Bloodsworn players joined Overrated whilst the ousted leaders went onto the Korgath Realm to level new characters with the Alliance guild Death and Taxes.

Once server transfers were allowed by Blizzard, Overrated moved to the Black Dragonflight Realm to avoid some of the hardware issues being experienced by the Shadow Moon Realm at that time. The shift caused them to lose several players for various reasons.

Overrated rapidly progressed, eventually completing the most difficult WOW instance to date, . They were the first US Horde guild to do so.

Exploit
    The exploit in question has been referred to as Patch 5. Patch 5 is a third-party data file that can be inserted into the Data folder in the World of Warcraft folder. It removes or alters certain "physical" geography in the (AQ40) instance, allowing game content to be bypassed, giving immediate access to a boss normally well-guarded. Generally, this is known as maphacking or wallhacking.

Reactions
    Blizzard

Blizzard systematically banned every account with a RaidID matching either of the two instances spawned where the exploit had been used. When any boss in a spawned instance is killed, players in the instance at that time are locked to that RaidID until such time as the instance resets. All players who participated in either of the raids where the exploit was utilized (whether they had actually installed the Patch 5 exploit or not) had their accounts closed.

Blizzard has made no official comment regarding the incident, but their TOS for World of Warcraft makes it quite clear that the use of (or even directly benefitting from) third party modifications to the WOW client can result in an indefinite, effectively permanent, closure of the account in question.

Overrated
    Generally, Overrated has taken their punishment quite maturely. Some players have moved on from the game, others have already created new characters, others decided to wait for the arrival of Burning Crusade to begin playing again. Some are also attempting to work with Blizzard to have their accounts reinstated.

"Let me explain. We are the only US Horde guild that clears Naxx, been like that for a few weeks. People found that the pre-C'thun trash was so painful, that they decided to install some stupid thing that deletes walls or something, and you can just run there after Skeram. I know, we had it coming, blah blah whatever, we know we deserve it...I'm sure they'll try and get it rescinded because it's kind of a steep punishment with no recourse or whatever." - Pantaloons, Overrated member,

Community
    The response of the WOW community has been varied, ranging from the denunciation of all cheaters, to those who feel the punishment was too harsh, to others who understand why the exploit was used, claiming that the content bypassed was boring, unnecessary and should be removed. There were also plenty of personal attacks and gloating from other guilds and individuals. This also lead to a small meme regarding skipping content as "Overrated".

PLEASE STOP FREAKING OUT! Blizzard has done worse to cheaters... Blizzard are in the Right. JUST ask "Overrated". I remember hearing this news when we were killing AQ and NO one was like WHAT A TRAVESTY!! they did essentially the same thing. Got banned and they accepted it and moved on. do the same. Mommy and Daddy cannot fix this one kids.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilbêth View Post
    Well, what is done is done.

But I think that in the future not one of the suspended members of the world best guilds will ever report any more a bug in PTR to Blizzard or will participate to any public demonstration of PVE fights organized by Blizzard.
    Boo hoo. Who cares?

What you're saying isn't even true though. They will fall right back in line and be good little unpaid employees, just like blizzard wants them to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The reason it was never fixed in the PTR was because no one reported it. They thought that if no one knew that they could get away with it.
    Really? You think that Blizz doesn't monitor PTR raid exploits? They could have fixed it, but it might have pulled another week before patch.

And would you want them to fix the problem or give patch...don't lie, you would take the patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oppie View Post
    Where was your cry out of blizzard being at fault when Ensidia had there LK kill taken away because of a bug exploit, Oh now that it happens to the top then its all blizzards fault now right. The nerve of some ppl, its only justified when it happens to everyone else but you.
    I thought that it was unfair either since it was blizz bug that allowed that. So they didn't do anything illegal like coding the game files or using third party programs.
    So if they can use in game mechanics that mean good for them.
    I personality used many times bugs of the game to beat mobs in both single and multi player games.

I do not see anything bad about that behavior.

During the Ensidia ban, I post a topic on the forums that it is unfair to banned so I got banned from the forums for 5 days.

So i said fu** them.

Now I see a similar thing, so I protest.

If they haven't code the game in any way or use bots or anything like that, they have the right to keep their stuff.

If I were in their shoes I would move to other game or do something else since something like that prevents initiative.

Cheers,

Deleted
    Too much arguing and EU vs USA stuff now and not enough constructive posting, I don't think much new can be said - closing this.