Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Darkmoon Faire.. a grind?

I've never ever done DMF, but what I'd like to know is if I wanted enough currency for a full Tier 0 set, how much of a grind is it?
    Are they like dailies, or can I do the quest over and over again? Also how many of these quest would need to be done, what are the caps?

Thanks in advance

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a grind in the sense of it's essentially Molten Front in spirit.

But it's the fun kind of grind in the form of Mario Party style minigames.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's a grind in the sense of it's essentially Molten Front in spirit.

But it's the fun kind of grind in the form of Mario Party style minigames.
    ^ this, don't kill yourself over it, it's not supposed to be a grind because it doesn't really give you anything, You can get cooler colors of most of those sets in Outland heroics btw.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I got my 1st mini pet today (90 tickets) just a head up, the items that drop from dungeons/pvp whilst you have the Adventurers Guide are not soulbound. In fact- go check your AH, with enough gold you can prolly get quite a few (not sure if can hand in mutlple of the same type though)
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

What else would it be?
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, one more thing. My signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...it's WoW. And it's non-raiding content at Max-Level. It's probably going to involve some form of grind sadly.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Well...it's WoW. And it's non-raiding content at Max-Level. It's probably going to involve some form of grind sadly.
    Is there a better option in use by another game, or thought of by someone?
    Twas brillig

nah not a grind.. just takes 6 months to get all pets and mounts for 1 character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post
    (not sure if can hand in mutlple of the same type though)
    No, you can't. Once you have handed in the first, trying to start the second errors, saying that you have already completed that quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    At five tickets a day for only one week a month, it will be a very long time before you get anything much less a full set. While its true you can get more tickets each week from the raid, heroic & battle-ground drops, the drops are not unique and not soul bound so everyone will roll need even if they cant use it. The things are going for several thousand gold each at auction.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Yes, it's a grind. It's a terribly made little island designed to keep people with absolutely nothing better to do, happy.

You were meant to get another instance instead of the DMF island, but that would require effort from poor old Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    At five tickets a day for only one week a month, it will be a very long time before you get anything much less a full set. While its true you can get more tickets each week from the raid, heroic & battle-ground drops, the drops are not unique and not soul bound so everyone will roll need even if they cant use it. The things are going for several thousand gold each at auction.
    You have to do the drops to get stuff, that's the crux of the system.

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fnoop View Post
    Yes, it's a grind. It's a terribly made little island designed to keep people with absolutely nothing better to do, happy.
    Oh, did you help develop it?

I already am more than halfway to getting a mount. So no, I don't find it very "grindy".

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Oh, did you help develop it?
    No, but I almost got the superior alternative (another proper raid instance) put through.

It's World of Warcraft, of course it's a grind. Everything in this game must be obtained by doing repetitive obnoxious activities that ends up you wanting to hurt little puppies after the first 50 times of doing it. But then you get a mount, which you might actually use once or twice. Then back to a new grind. And then you got a few more years of your life left, and you die.

Enjoy your 1343 days played.

It is a grind. But one I don't seem to mind so much. It's been fun so far, and considering it's only one week every month, it won't be constant enough to make it feel tedious. I think I'll be looking forward to the faire coming back around, actually.

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

10+ Year Old Account
    The dailies are a fun way to spend half an hour or so each day, if you take your time. The profession quests give you a very nice chunk of tickets. But for the bulk of tickets you are steered towards doing dungeons/BG's with the journal you get with you. You then loot quest items, that are indeed tradeable, and can deliver them for 5/10/15 tokens as well.

I find the Faire fun, and I have been hanging around on it on a few chars cause at low level, doing all professions nets you a fair bit more than half a level, by simply doing something fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Fnoop View Post

You were meant to get another instance instead of the DMF island, but that would require effort from poor old Blizzard.
    Terribly made?? That island has such an amazing vibe and just the entrance path alone has a lot of character.
    Also nothing better to do? If people enjoy the mini games (I personally love whack a gnoll..though the shooting gallery I could do without) then how is that not a good way for someone to spend there time. We already got three absolutely stunning dungeons with this patch. I love the the DMF and it looks like plenty of effort went into it.

I think you're just hating for the sake of hating...

Quote Originally Posted by slayton View Post
    Terribly made?? That island has such an amazing vibe and just the entrance path alone has a lot of character.
    Also nothing better to do? If people enjoy the mini games (I personally love whack a gnoll..though the shooting gallery I could do without) then how is that not a good way for someone to spend there time. We already got three absolutely stunning dungeons with this patch. I love the the DMF and it looks like plenty of effort went into it.

I think you're just hating for the sake of hating...
    Well, I suppose it's enjoyable if you're three years old.