Weapon of choice? My question to all you veteran Fire Mages

I currently have the normal Lightning Rod staff, and recently acquired the normal Rathrak caster dagger. Current item lvl is 397. Which would be my best choice LR normal or Rathrak/378 OH?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimation2g View Post
    I currently have the normal Lightning Rod staff, and recently acquired the normal Rathrak caster dagger. Current item lvl is 397. Which would be my best choice LR normal or Rathrak/378 OH?
    Lightning Rod

/end thread

Deleted
    I think Rathrak pulls ahead very slightly on a fight with a consistent, sustained multi target component... Trouble is there really arent very many of these. Stick with Lightning Rod. If you can get your hands on the 397 Dragonfire Orb Off Hand then that + Rathrak may better for stuff like Yorsaj black phase etc. Overall though there isn't a huge amount of sustained AoE in DS, any AE requirement is burst AE and Rathrak aint all that great there anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can get a good OH, dagger is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimation2g View Post
    Lightning Rod would deff. be my weapon of choice here, hands down.

If you have 391+ off hand use Rath...if you aren't hit starved. Otherwise use LRod. And since you're saying 378, use LRod.

Btw lol at your title, so overdone.

I never really had this issue but when I've simmed it for other players it has always come out to be Dagger + 397 offhand > Lightning Rod > Dagger + 378 offhand. I wouldn't be surprised however if Dagger+391 offhand from H Baleroc was slightly ahead of Lightning Rod also. Once you move up to 410 Lightning Rod that is most likely BiS if you cannot obtain the legendary due to the lack of a reasonable 410 offhand
    Last edited by Erolian; 2012-07-24 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    Rod..
    Rod.

Ty for the feedback guys. Will stick with LR and hopefully see the H Version if it ever decides to drop for me.