Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Yor'sahj and purple

We figured we will kill purple most of the time, but still:

What triggers stacks of the purple debuff? Does PW:S (unglyphed) and LW hot triggers it? What about HW:S (and healing rain)?

What would you do on a pop of Purple, Red, Green, Yellow?

He only pops 3 so that scenario is entirely out of the realm of speculation anyway. I'm not exactly sure what procs it, but today when I do LFR I'll test out renew, PW:S, and PoM when trash is up. I suspect PoM will proc it, but renew and PW:S (glyphed or not) won't

Edit: I'm dumb and forgot about heroic mode.

You will never, ever, in a million years, have to deal with more or less than 3 oozes. Think Monty Python, only 3, not 4, not 2, not 1, and 5 is right out.

The debuff the purple oozes give you that stacks to 5 is only triggered to increase when you are directly healed by a spell. A tick of a HoT will not add any stacks, but the initial cast of the HoT on you will. Anytime you get healed and it's not a tick of a HoT you get another stack. This is why you ALWAYS KILL PURPLE unless the combination is Red, Green, Purple, and you worry that your guild can't handle the proximity and logistical issues, especially with a 25man.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

He pops 4 on heroic. Looks like fun to me

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinkin that if that combination is out for heroic (does he spawn 4? *shrug*) then you'd either kill purple or green and get ready for some healer cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    I'm leaning towards Green, in conjunction with damage reduction CDs like, DG and PW:B, pally bubbles, etc...

The tooltip says healing and absorb effects add a stack, so id assume PWS does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    We figured we will kill purple most of the time, but still:

What triggers stacks of the purple debuff? Does PW:S (unglyphed) and LW hot triggers it? What about HW:S (and healing rain)?

Probably kill purple, get the whole raid near red but leaving 7 yards between raid members (or between pairs of raid members if 25) and use cds, but it's something that we will probably test when happens.

Deleted
    What about atonement then? HW:S, Rain?

Deleted
    If our raid gets that we will do Green and pop a looooot of CDs.
    Imagine getting purp. out of the way o.O
    Stand spread but tight around the boss and aoe heal?! hahaha fail.

atonement is a healing spell, so yes it would add a stack.

Deleted
    I can read too. Looking for someone who tried it.

I'd say kill purple over all.

Deleted
    Everything that is a shield or heal adds a stack. As far as I can tell you simply have to kill purple on heroic as every combination of oozes will cause raid damage. In the combo you mentioned you'll just need a lot of raid cooldowns.

It is technically possible if you had something like purple black blue red to not kill the purple and just have healers be extremely careful on heals, but I'm simply not convinced it's worth the risk, especially as even as a shadow priest I've managed to get up to 4 stacks before.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    I'd say kill purple over all.
    On 10 man I can imagine red and green being doable with spreading the minimum range while staying as close as possible. but even then yellow would ruin your day
    Does the AoE from yellow stack the DoT as well? Haven't let one through yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    Everything that is a shield or heal adds a stack. As far as I can tell you simply have to kill purple on heroic as every combination of oozes will cause raid damage. In the combo you mentioned you'll just need a lot of raid cooldowns.

It is technically possible if you had something like purple black blue red to not kill the purple and just have healers be extremely careful on heals, but I'm simply not convinced it's worth the risk, especially as even as a shadow priest I've managed to get up to 4 stacks before.
    After doing the achievement that requires purple/yellow to be active, it's actually not too bad. I think fewer spells actually generate a stack than you would think. Only the necessary healing done to the tanks created explosions. All hots seemed to work fine. Paladins had to avoid their aoe healing.

either purple or green i think.

purple is very harmful in this case because of the healing debuff + the massive red/yellow damage that is going to be coming out.

Green is very harmful because of the aoe splash damage + red/yellow damage.

I think green wins out though in terms of leaving one of them up. you can always spread out min distance for green and try to outheal the insane damage your team is about to go through with green/red/yellow.

with purple you are hard capped at what you can do with your healing, 9 stacks and you need a heal? oh well

Deleted
    If a glyphed PW:S adds 2 stacks, does a Disc priest's glyphed PoH add 3 stacks? (Heal + DA + HoT?)
    I need to remember to never use it if so.

PW:S adds 1 stack glyphed or not, first ball of penance adds 1 stack, other 2 don't, renew adds a stack, PoM doesn't add a stack, PoH adds a stack
    Last edited by Azithrom; 2011-12-07 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    Tks for this info! Did you try HW:S or Rain?