10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Error when trying to buy minecraft.

Hello all!

I recently tried to buy minecraft and when I went to place order I would get something along the lines of "your card/bank has rejected/declined payment" now note I tried this with 2 different cards *Different accounts but same bank and type (mastercard)* and I received the error every time I tried it with both cards and also noteworthy both the cards are valid and have many other internet charges on them *wow sub/xbox sub/ stubhub* as well as use outside of the internet and works perfectly fine.

Now the weird part, so then after I got the errors I would hit back on my browser and I then would get a "Purchase confirmed!" but have yet to get my any charges on my card or account upgrade.

This all happened last week and was seeking advice on what to do next/ if website was bugged and should try again?

TL : DR I get errors when trying to buy minecraft and would like to know if this has happened to you.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Phone your bank.

Some institutions have blocked charges from Mojang. Google is your friend.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Phone your bank.

Some institutions have blocked charges from Mojang. Google is your friend.
    Hmm, Tried to get info from google but couldn't find out if my bank dosen't *or why banks are blocking mojang if you could inform me on that*

Gonna try to buy with paypal and see if that works then will go from there :L

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    why not... you know... call your bank?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No... that would be too easy.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripleblack View Post
    Hello all!

I recently tried to buy minecraft and when I went to place order I would get something along the lines of "your card/bank has rejected/declined payment" now note I tried this with 2 different cards *Different accounts but same bank and type (mastercard)* and I received the error every time I tried it with both cards and also noteworthy both the cards are valid and have many other internet charges on them *wow sub/xbox sub/ stubhub* as well as use outside of the internet and works perfectly fine.

Now the weird part, so then after I got the errors I would hit back on my browser and I then would get a "Purchase confirmed!" but have yet to get my any charges on my card or account upgrade.

This all happened last week and was seeking advice on what to do next/ if website was bugged and should try again?

TL : DR I get errors when trying to buy minecraft and would like to know if this has happened to you.

Buy it on ebay.

Seriously, I saved like £8 buy just buying a gift code off ebay. I had the same problem as you did.

Call your bank and see if they received an instruction for payment for the amount the game costs. if they didn't even receive any such instruction, the problem could be with what ever payment merchant mojang use. You could always ask a friend or family member to try and purchase a gift code and see if that works, then you can just pay them back.

alternatively if you've made a large number of transactions for varying amounts, your bank could be blocking it. had that happen to me in some situations

Yeah, try the gift code thing For example I can't pay my spotify monthly if I try to buy it with visa, but it works if I get myself and gift card with the same visa^^,