Poll: Would you?

Thread: The Box

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Does Skelington care about morality? Everyone dies at one point, sure. But that doesn't change the fact that people endanger their lives unnecessarily, etc.
    Morals are for squares.

No, I wouldn't.

I find myself in a decent enough financial situation, while having a million dollars would be nice, knowing that I killed someone, even someone I don't know, I wouldn't press the button. Maybe I'd change my mind if I was desperate for money, but in my current standing, absolutely not.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read the book and watched the movie, I loved both (some people didn't like it, but I never disliked a movie, even Twilight.) I wouldn't do it. One million dollars isn't worth some else's life, and it isn't enough to make me happy, either. It isn't that much, IMO.

If the guy from the movie came to my door, I'd ask him to try drinking this and I'd have him a cup of water. It'd probably spill out of the side of his face and I'll laugh and press the button.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    This totally reminds me of...

< warning: blood/gore from an older movie, but still .. >
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Me6ncnRBjU
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-12-07 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I wouldn't press it.

Sure, 1 million dollars would be nice, but I don't think I could live with myself afterwards.

At least, that what I like to think my reaction would be. Having never been faced with such a situation, I can't say with 100% certainty that I wouldn't press the button. I don't think I would though.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seru View Post
    no money is worth human life. true story
    Depends ont he human. That said, since I could kill anyone, the chance of offing a decent person is too great, so I would not.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Yes, i would open the box. Multitudes die every day, it's not like one is going to make a difference. It would be entirely different if it were someone I know though.

Deleted
    I'd do it. Hell, the person might deserve to die/be in such pain that death is preferable to life.

Can I hit it again? Yeah, I'd hit it for the million. Hell, I'd hit it a few dozen times even if I didn't get money. However, if each press netted me at least ten grand, I'd just button mash for a few hours. Also, can I just kill the person after I get the money? That way, the cycle ends and I don't have to worry about being a potential stranger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    In the movie, it is stated that the "aliens" that are in control would simply endow another random human with this role (of bestowing the box). Killing the person in charge wouldn't amount to anything, aside from making humans look that much worse, morality wise. If the alien people can control people, influence events, etc. what makes you think that you could protect the box from them?
    I wouldn't. I'd destroy the box. Case closed. If they do make another at least I'd know I played my part in trying to save people.

I would tap that button if I knew that it not come back to kill me later in life. If this is one of those thing's where you take the box to someone else (that I don't know) and ask them the question and if they click the button. (Trying kill me) No then I wouldn't click the button. I suppose it would depend on the "strings attached" to the box.

Like others have said, this question has been asked here before... Personally, I wouldn't do it, for any amount of money, but especially for $1,000,000.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really wouldn't press the button, i would love the money yes, but i know for a fact i wouldn't press it.