Ultraxion and Attonement

Hello priest! My name is Xyther and I am a mage(boo!) but am RL of a 10 man guild currently progressing throught DS 10, and I need your help! We planning on 2 healing Ultra as we have 2 fantastic healers decked out in a good mixture of FL 10 and hc gear. We are using a Druid and a Disc Priest. The main issue im having is deciding what buffs each healer should be using. I was planning on speccing arcane and hoping that with the extra boost to DPS we would be able to kill him befor the "5 minute" mark, so this would leave the red and green buffs for our other healers.

We only briefly looked at it this week as we lacked 2 main dps but was wondering two main things.
    1. If Preist took red and druid took green would this be optimal for our set up

or

2. If the priest subspeced for attonmnent would the healing done by that be effect by the green buff at all? And if this was the case would this now be the best rogue.

For reference we got 5 dps around 26-30k and the 6th slightly lower at 22-24k.

Thanks for the help priest and looking forward to downing it next raid reset!

Let the druid take the red buff , skip the green one and let the priest take the blue one and spam PoH .

Deleted
    id actually say let the priest take red. the "double" PoH with a decent amount of mastery would equal some massive DA bubbles. and afaik the splash heal bonus wont benefit from priests mastery, whereas it will benefit from the druids.

i run AA for DS (8/8 now, but admittedly it wasnt great on spine) we 2 heal most fights, but we did use 3 on ultraxion jsut to get used to the fight. id imagine 2 healers would be perfectly viable

green buff isn't very good for priests, either spec ><. Even as holy I found it didn't quite double my healing done during the period I had it.

Red for druid, take the green till the blue one pops and then take the blue one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    green buff isn't very good for priests, either spec ><. Even as holy I found it didn't quite double my healing done during the period I had it.
    I get green : (

Shaman gets the first one and Paladin gets the third one. Yeah, we three heal on 10 man. Problem1?!?!

frankly this fight is unfavorable for hpriest, and green is better for hp than any other healer. so take it, and just bite the bullet. 1 fight in 8 that you won't be able to keep up imo, no big deal.

----
    edit: tonight I kept up much better here, tried both blue and green buffs. Green was much better for me on meters. But I digress, OP was asking about atonement. I still feel that red is most favorable for disc, both AA and SoS.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-12-07 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    Eh... don't bother with green, really.

Priest takes red & blue and heals towards incredible victory.

Druid takes green.

Atonement? Weave it in there, but PoH will be your main key to success over the unbelievers.

xo

Deleted
    Red - Priest (regardless of spec) - Spam PoH/CoH/PoM as holy and PoM/PoH/penance/PWS for rapture as disc
    Green - Druid - hots and stuff.
    Blue - Priest switches from red to blue - Spam PoH regardless of spec ignore all other spells.

I wouldn't really bother with attonement, maybe if you were 3 healers, but dps should not be an issue if 2 healers.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-12-07 at 12:15 PM.

Druid Red
    Priest Green
    Priest switches to Blue

Everyone else is wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly do you mean by 'only' the red and green buffs are left for your healers? The blue buff only works for heals, and thus not for Arcane Mages. (Or any other DPS for that matter):P

I'm also not sure if the green is good for RDruids as I heard it doesn't work with HoT ticks. Don't quote me on that as I don't raid with one :P. So your Crystals should be Druid = Red, Priest = Green and then Blue when it comes up. Good luck on Ultraxion though. :3

Also, on the second part of your question, I don't think atonement healing is going to be powerful enough at this point to be worth his time sub-speccing for it.

@Ultima: Is there some sort of stigma about 3 healing this boss? We also 3 healed it and wasn't aware we were doing bad :<. Also your guild is mean, while we have the same healer setup, I get the shiny blue while our Paladin gets the green.
    Last edited by Dyra; 2011-12-07 at 01:30 PM.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly do you mean by 'only' the red and green buffs are left for your healers? The blue buff only works for heals, and thus not for Arcane Mages. :P
    Only Arcane Mages?

OP, since everyone is having a hard time asking the original question, have your druid pickup green and your priest pick up red.
    This is absolutely the attitude and language that, in this community, needs to go sit in the corner for a while. If you can't stand the thought of there being multiple difficulty tiers of content -- into which we pour a lot of our development efforts -- to make raiding feasible for more than 2% of players, hit Heroic mode, turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prinah View Post
    Only Arcane Mages?

OP, since everyone is having a hard time asking the original question, have your druid pickup green and your priest pick up red.
    Sorry I'll be more clear in my previous post. I was just responding to the fact he was going to go Arcane just for this fight and this buff. You have to be marked as a healer and within a healing spec to be able to interact with the crystals. So no DPS can pick it up.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Sorry I'll be more clear in my previous post. I was just responding to the fact he was going to go Arcane just for this fight and this buff. You have to be marked as a healer and within a healing spec to be able to interact with the crystals. So no DPS can pick it up.
    Oh I wasn't trolling - asking a question. (=
    This is absolutely the attitude and language that, in this community, needs to go sit in the corner for a while. If you can't stand the thought of there being multiple difficulty tiers of content -- into which we pour a lot of our development efforts -- to make raiding feasible for more than 2% of players, hit Heroic mode, turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Druid Red
    Priest Green
    Priest switches to Blue

This is what my group did, I take green even though it sucks then switch to blue both my self and the druid had an easy time healing it.
    Both of us mainly aoe healed as the tanks didn't need any focus healing aside from the odd shield or penance after twilight and as far as the green buff goes even when I cast Greater heals hitting for 70k the raid would only get around 4k each from it and after a while I ended up having to revert back to aoe casts.

If your priest wants to keep AA up have him/her just cast the odd holy fire to keep stacks up but other then that your healers will be mainly focuses on aoe healing and later on into the fight casting anything other then an aoe heal will result in less healing and most likely deaths.

As for the buffs as others have said Red should work great for Disc but it depends on mana management I have a feeling that if I went red I wouldn't last the entire fight and green adds very little healing over all for any class imo so with the druid taking green everything would be on my shoulders for the entire fight.

btw even with the druid taking red Disc will be top healing until later on when it's impossible to over heal then the druid will most likely out heal him / me so I don't see the point in having Disc take red when the goal is to down the encounter not boost ones meters.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-12-07 at 02:21 PM.

The point of Disc taking red is DA, which does nothing with green but is very good with red. DA will help you increase health pools even more with red while at the same time being less susceptible to overheal. Also with the new changes to green it should be very good for druids, he doesn't need red to boost his meters anymore, green will do. (But it will come later so maybe he will still want red?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prinah View Post
    Oh I wasn't trolling - asking a question. (=
    Never thought you were, since you were right my post may have been construed as a bit ambiguous when it comes to the DPS trying to nick our shiny buffs. :3 *huggle*

Deleted
    Ok, one question about it, because we had trouble with too low dps on him, so we will do it with one tank, and two heals, I switch to attonement...

How good would be spamming smite on Blue Buff? Any1 tried it?

Deleted
    2 healing with either a HPally or Druid as meself being disc AA.
    Ultraxion we blow Hero at start everyone has pots/cd's in use and nobody loses dps time due to fading light/hour of twilight.

This lets me me to go smite frenzy (every bit of damage helps to reduce the time spend after the 4:40 (7th HoT) min mark) till after the first hour glass (ill just do HF/AA on CD after that), letting the Druid or HPally pick Redbuff (u will see that the priest doesnt need the red buff much at start). Use healing CD's early too, Barrier Rally Cry and stuff to save mana for the end (mainly the druid/pally) the long 3 min CD's first ofc. Priest takes Green, the PoH splashes will help out and Gheal splashes when the tank needs a heal are nice, once blue comes let ur priest have it and spam PoH.

From here i (Aura Mastery first if Hpally than after the duration ->) pop Wings (build 5 stack with HF on CD) Divine Hymn > Barrier (glyph) right after. This gives u the temp healing increase buff from Wings (15%) Divine Hymn (10% 8 sec) and place Barrier (glyph gives 10%)
    Its good +healing buffs (so PoH's will be bigger and so will be the DA procs) specially good with 100% haste.

With the DPS u say u have u prolly have him down around 5:20 i think, its what we reach with similar DPS.

-edit this could help the person above me-
    U could even kill him before getting near the 5 mins, if u have a druid go feral dps with speccing in Thick Hide (not crittable) and only taunt of the tank when he has fading light take 1 hit or even non if ur tank presses HW late as possible and taunts back and kitty go dps again as thats what basicly the only thing ur 2nd tank has to do, the amount of dps u do with 7 DPS and the tank is pretty darn nice. THe problem we faced 1 tanking is the fact that it often happend that the melee got a swing and died, with only one CR (each CR = DPS loss) in 10 man u cannot have this. So thats why we let our resto druid go feral.

(why thick hide talents, the melee hits our melee took when the tank pressed HW 1sec to soon were all crits and oneshots.)

Smite spam in the end is not doable, it only heals one target while poh hits 5 and gives 100% DA proc, just time ur raid cd's with the rest ur group.
    Unholy dk ? Magic Zone, warrior Cry, prot pally CD holy pally cd barrier tranq divine hymn use it all, popping Hero @ start worked better than saving for the last min.
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2011-12-09 at 12:26 PM.