Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'm glad that some of the cuts are available for purchase with conquest. Due to the cost, I don't buy any until replacing all my other gear, but they are still available.

The idea that +40 gems are "pve cuts" and shouldn't be available is ridiculous. Why wouldn't a rogue use +40 agility in a red socket? Or a warlock us +40 intellect?

Making the red cuts available via conquest points wouldn't force "PVE players" to PVP anymore than it forces "PVP players" to PVE right now.

Deleted
    Don't really understand what's all the fuss about 750 each means the average PvPers with a 1650cap can get 2 a week, and until PvEers start clearing the late heroics on a regular basis they'll get one if lucky a week, so the acquire rate is pretty much the same, and as for the stats, PvPers will only need epic gems with raw stats, if the other PvPers also have them, if noone has access to them, then noone needs them since they'll be all in the same playing field, this just prevents that people who PvE, let's be honest, it's by far the biggest part of the community, from being forced into PvPing and raising their caps so they can have epic gems all around for heroic modes. And since PvPers claim they don't want to/can't be arsed to PvE, then none of them has PvE gems, therefore we're all in the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Don't really understand what's all the fuss about 750 each means the average PvPers with a 1650cap can get 2 a week, and until PvEers start clearing the late heroics on a regular basis they'll get one if lucky a week, so the acquire rate is pretty much the same, and as for the stats, PvPers will only need epic gems with raw stats, if the other PvPers also have them, if noone has access to them, then noone needs them since they'll be all in the same playing field, this just prevents that people who PvE, let's be honest, it's by far the biggest part of the community, from being forced into PvPing and raising their caps so they can have epic gems all around for heroic modes. And since PvPers claim they don't want to/can't be arsed to PvE, then none of them has PvE gems, therefore we're all in the same level.
    And then you have that part of the playerbase that does both, and is at a huge gear advantage to people who only PvP, and on an equal playing field with those that only PvE.

And it's not just gems. Since BGs were added into the game, people who PvE ALWAYS have had a huge advantage over those who only do PvP. It's ridiculous and an incredibly hypocritical stance for Blizzard.

It's fine to force us to do PvE to compete in PvP, but never will Blizzard make it so their little raiders have to set foot in an arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    they cant have 50 str gems from pvp, because then every raider would be forced to grind endless hours of BGs just to get gems for pve.

i think this is a great move. it gives pvpers some epic gems, but only the ones that are not useful for pve.

the price seems ok too. the whole idea of epic gems this expac is that they are hard/time consuming to obtain. in the end, you will only need 6ish of these pvp epic gems. you wouldnt put them in your season 10 gear, or your honor season 11 gear. you would save them for your conquest season 11 gear, just like raiders are saving their epic gems for BIS and/or heroic t13 pieces
    Price would be fine if they were good. I'd pay 1k conquest for red gems, for example, taking into account I get 3300+ points a week I'd be gemmed in no time; 750 for the horrid ones they are feeding us is absolutely not okay, though, if I want fillers I'll just buy blue quality ones rather than spend my conquest on a gem I'll be replacing once the red ones' prices drop on the AH anyway.

If you queued a couple matches of arena every week you'd get 2 gems, I fail to see why you'd want to grind BGs for hours rather than just do the former. It's a horrible move, you're only defending it because you don't PvP and thus don't care (I hope/guess) - I do realize it's a PvE game and PvE will always be prioritized over PvP but I feel it's a bit too much of a dickhead move to make us unable to buy gems and then shove a couple useless ones on our face just so they don't have to hear us moan that PvPers are being neglected by Blizzard. We don't want "some" epic gems, we want useful epic gems, just like you. As I said, if this is all we get I rather run blue quality pure reds I can buy off the AH for 150g.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    they are just offering a wide selection in case someone does want that for whatever reason. is it some how insulting you that they add all the combinations?
    No. They are just offering every gem that is useless for PvE (i.e. has Resilience or Spell Pen) because PvPers are second-class players.

Deleted
    Should be for honor points, not conquest points. Then add uncut gems of each color for 750-1000 CP or such, and PvE-oriented players will still get the longest straw.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'd like to see these gems uncut. I'd love some pure intellect gems without having to raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kzakhar View Post
    Seriously, 750 conquest? Lol.
    By the time I got my full cataclysmic gear I'll be getting 3 gems/week and I'm only planning on using 3.

750 is fine.

No raw stats makes perfect sense aswell.