Just traded an airsoft for a paintball was it fair?

I had a $250 full metal airsoft aeg scar, red laser, foregrip, smart charger and 2 batteries.

I traded it for a tippmann x7 with cyclone hopper, apex barrel, g36 style collapsible stock, m16 shroud, fake mag, some kind of special trigger, foregrip, 4x30 mm scope, tactical vest with 6 pod slots, compressed air tank slot with coil to hook it up to the gun and 2 pods.

Was this a fair trade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the condition of both guns, also depends on whether you prefer airsoft, or paintball. A gun that you won't use isn't worth anything to you.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a similar paintball gun, and it kicks ass. The response trigger is effectively full-auto if you use it right, and with the flatline barrel you will actually notice paintballs ascending as they leave the barrel.

never been into senario paintball, so not a massive fan of tipmans or apex barrels (mainly because there the stock gun at work :P ) that said not sure what the price of the guns in the US is but in england seems like a fair trade too me

best trade you ever made though paintball player for 5 years now best sport in the world

PS; have fun curving those paintballs with that apex makes me laugh everytime you tune it perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    never been into senario paintball, so not a massive fan of tipmans or apex barrels (mainly because there the stock gun at work :P ) that said not sure what the price of the guns in the US is but in england seems like a fair trade too me

best trade you ever made though paintball player for 5 years now best sport in the world

PS; have fun curving those paintballs with that apex makes me laugh everytime you tune it perfectly
    I love the apex barrel lol. I only have one problem with it tho. When we were shooting it, it was fairly chilly out so when the balls hit the apex a few of them just broke. Its pretty useless in coldweather.

Considering they're different sports, kind of apples to oranges. Assuming similar condition, the guns are pretty similar in value.

If you want to get into tournament/speedball, Tippmann wont cut it. Recreation and scenario, it's more than fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your air tank is still good. Otherwise you will have to send it in.
    Goochy

Quote Originally Posted by Goochy View Post
    Make sure your air tank is still good. Otherwise you will have to send it in.
    yea it needs to be hydro tested in a year

definetly a fair trade. paintball is more enjoyable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    I love the apex barrel lol. I only have one problem with it tho. When we were shooting it, it was fairly chilly out so when the balls hit the apex a few of them just broke. Its pretty useless in coldweather.
    As someone who has marshaled thousands of games in the winter with the apex barrel in use only thing i can say is that comes down to the paintballs you use, get some decent grade winter paint such as frostbite store is correctly and you wont get this issue,

as it gets colder the paintball shell gets more rigid and this fragile the bristles on the apex then break them due to this, winter paint tougher shell so no more breaks...just higher chance of them bouncing off you mate leaving giant bruises but hey thats the fun of winter paintball!