Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Yes it's a world first and it counts as one. But it means nothing with all the competition out of the race. They are still not better than the other guilds. So sorry that I offended your favorite guild's world firsts.
    Lets look at the Tour de France, a team-focused race where doping, and thusly getting busted for it, is probably more frequent than any other pro sport ...

If a favorite or leader is caught doping while the race is going on, and removed from competition, it doesn't soil the victory for the person who winds up winning. If you cheat, and get caught, you simply are no longer "competition".

You'll just have to accept the fact that for this tier, the guilds who were banned aren't considered the best players, by their very own actions. 5.0 will probably bring a different picture.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by petre View Post
    And yes, it's World First. If you want first crack at the content, you play where it's released first.
    This is a pretty dumb statement. World first rankings should start from the minute servers are up until the first kill of boss in that particular area of the world.

>4< months to obtain a vanity set? If there's any real proof Blizzard lost their minds in regards to fun this has to be it.

Gotta laugh at the people falling for that "Cheaper game" gig, if people used their brains and used google, they could've gotten the games and expansions way cheaper. At least for Europe. Ow well.. @F-Minus, by that logic, noone should´ve gotten World First anything in WOTLK because they got it around a year and a half later than US and EU. So.. no. And to the people saying that GW2 will beat the hell out of WoW, yea.. a game with no monthly payment will get subcrcibers, that is LOGIC. >_> On topic about the world firsts: Gratz guilds. Always fun to see a race like this

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I don't know why people are arguing with US people about world firsts. They call their major baseball tournament the World Series, yet there has never been a non US team in it. Congratulations, you are the best at baseball & american football IN THE WORLD!

The rest of the world isn't going to win an argument with US over world firsts, until they come to terms with things like fair competition, equal participation and starting the race at the same time on the same day.

All else is simply feeding of trolls.
    Toronto blue jays, two time world series champions? Also the world series is just a name, those who win aren't actually considered the best in the world. Would you bash the Miss Universe Pageant for only including earthlings?f

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Would you bash the Miss Universe Pageant for only including earthlings?f
    To the best of our knowledge the Miss Universe Pageant has representatives from every known species of Human in the Universe. I'm certain that in the future, when we have Extraterrestrial Humans, they will be allowed to participate.

Having a "World" Series, knowing that there are other countries in the world not competing is misleading at best, blatantly arrogant arrogant at worst. Coming from Ireland, I could declare that we have the best Hurling teams in the world, and that would be true, but laughable, as we're the only country that plays it competitively.

This is why any attempt to discuss world first with US vs EU is always going to fail because there will always just be so many people trolling. Anyone who logically tries to express the concept of different maintenance days just gets the comment "lol butthurt, QQ moar world furst = world furst, noob". Hopefully, the best guild will simply beat Deathwing 2 weeks before any other (US or EU) guild and that will be the end of the discussion for another few months.

Why isn't there any live streams :S

Quote Originally Posted by soicakes View Post
    I thought Exodus got a banhammer? How is it that some of their mains (Kaywarrior and Taeyeon, etc) were able to get heroic kills? I can't picture them not being a part of the exploit crew.

Cute Pretty sure it was done like twice and only 4 extra items were looted. Was that deserving of a ban? I don't think so. Also, Kay and Taeyeon were not in the raid and it was kind of an extra-curricular thing, where like 20 people participated. We were easily able to fuel a 10m and swap people out when they needed a break or we needed to get specific classes for a fight.

Deleted
    They made the raid easier so US could get world's first the easy way when European servers were down for maintenance.I guess US whining made Blizzard cave in, I think European wow dominance in pve & pvp all along has made US whiners step up their usual amount of whine? X-Mas present for the US? Fail-"HC" raid so they can pretend they are better?

Ohrly? The paladin set gets nerfed? Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post

This is why any attempt to discuss world first with US vs EU is always going to fail because there will always just be so many people trolling. Anyone who logically tries to express the concept of different maintenance days just gets the comment "lol butthurt, QQ moar world furst = world furst, noob". Hopefully, the best guild will simply beat Deathwing 2 weeks before any other (US or EU) guild and that will be the end of the discussion for another few months.
    I agree with you, it is misleading, but the name was coined long before the world became as globalized as it is now. The US (and Canada) was pretty much the World to those players back then. On the topic of world firsts, I probably don't understand the complexities of it all, but couldn't we just count the EU kills as date-of-kill-1 (or vice versa) to account for the disparity between US and EU? Then if someone in the EU got a kill a day after, but at an earlier time, than the US kill, the EU guild would be creditted the world first?

Also, on the extraterrestrials being allow in Miss UP, source please.

Watching Paragon come out of nowhere in 10-man to take down Ultra was a surprise. :OIt seems that Blood Legion and Vodka are struggling to down this boss in 25 man..

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Would you bash the Miss Universe Pageant for only including earthlings?f
    No, but I'd certainly dismiss it for having contestants who aren't even close to the hottest women from their respective countries.

Deleted
    I feel like I get now only couple faire tickets per day, if I do the daily quests. I don't see how I can get 145 tickets a week, because I don't know all the ways to get tickets plus I give up as the rewards are not that urgent compared to that I don't have much time to grind things in Wow.

I'm glad for Blood Legion right now, this is what you get when you're in a top guild, and you screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Well.. it wont really be a world first if all the guilds are banned, so I guess you could call it a "So we didnt have any competition but we still killed the dragon! First.".
    So it would have been real world firsts if the competition had been there with exploited gear?

grats to the world firsts IMO, though kinda sad that many already

Quote Originally Posted by Designer View Post
    I feel like I get now only couple faire tickets per day, if I do the daily quests. I don't see how I can get 145 tickets a week, because I don't know all the ways to get tickets plus I give up as the rewards are not that urgent compared to that I don't have much time to grind things in Wow.
    You get 145 by doing the dailies, the profession quests and turning in the 9 artifacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the first week or so of new content. The bickering and arguing over first kills and the fawning and pawing over these guilds in hysterical blindness is absolutely marvelous, and only gets better the further the comments continue.

ETA: Thanks to whoever posted the wowhead comment bit about the non-faireground-related Darkmoon tickets. I've been sitting here frowning at my screen thinking I wouldn't have enough for the one bit of replica gear I'm after.

Errr, so I looked into the sale and the EU prices are three times the US prices. What's up?

You missed a Dark Legacy update ^,^ http://www.darklegacycomics.com/ About raid death.