Thread: Resto PvP

Resto PvP

I quit my resto druid last season because the weakness compared to other healers was unbearable. Have conditions changed? Is it worth giving him another shot?

Deleted
    With the mortal strike buff (decrease healing by 25% up from 10%), and with no rdruids changes (apart from wg nerf), we are actually in a worst position than we were in the last season.
    Last edited by mmoc13010d7b87; 2011-12-07 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Spelling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    With the mortal strike buff (decrease healing by 25% up from 10%), sndd with no rdruids changes (apart from wg nerf) we are actually in a worst position than we were in the last season.
    Agreed

Deleted
    I wonder why this situation is accepted by Blizzard and allowed to continue through seasons 9, 10 and now 11

"We will definitely be addressing some of the PvP weakness of Resto Druids in 5.0."
    arenajunkies.com/topic/214288-resto-buffs-announced

Saw this in a thread on arenajunkies shortly after posting my question here. Looks like we get to suffer through another season.... I find it sad that they recognize a problem with resto pvp yet fail to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmitman904 View Post
    "We will definitely be addressing some of the PvP weakness of Resto Druids in 5.0."
    arenajunkies.com/topic/214288-resto-buffs-announced

Saw this in a thread on arenajunkies shortly after posting my question here. Looks like we get to suffer through another season.... I find it sad that they recognize a problem with resto pvp yet fail to fix it.
    Be thankful they will be fixing you. I'm maining a warrior its horrendous and nothing is being done about it.

And fixing resto druid will take ALOT of work, because of HoTs they will just get mega op if not fixed properly like seasons 1-8 (Pretty op all the way through).
    My personal fix would be NO lifebloom stacks, just have stack 3 be the actual skill, make it cost more mana. That will help druids out massively when it comes to healing. And make nourish like S8 where its actually worth using in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    With the mortal strike buff (decrease healing by 25% up from 10%), and with no rdruids changes (apart from wg nerf), we are actually in a worst position than we were in the last season.
    Cyclone and Entangling Roots now suffer from reduced spell pushback. But as Xizzu said we are worse off. Anyone who is anyone will interrupt the cyclone.
    We're still worse than terrible. I still play my R druid because I enjoy the playstyle and frankly even the small victories, like surviving with a warrior and rogue on you, is magnified. I even managed to cap a flag once. But I wouldn't even think of doing arena with him.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 01:00 PM ----------

I find it sad that they recognize a problem with resto pvp yet fail to fix it.
    Yep. Basically "We can't be bothered to do it now." I just pray we're fixed in 5.0.

Druids themselves have decent counters...shifting out of mage crap, sleeping other druids or shift happy shams, faerie fire on rogues (my favorite!), sprint + group sprint, instant clones..its just too easy to kill restos.

They could have very easily fixed the problems with an armor buff baked into a deep resto talent. As it is, you WILL get killed inside of a 5 point kidney with no trinket, even with full hots rolling

The spell pushback still being allowed to exist is honestly ridiculous. Its been there since cata dropped. But it's not really the source of the problem. Resto is just to godawful squishy.

Deleted
    I quit my resto druid last season because the weakness compared to other healers was unbearable. Have conditions changed? Is it worth giving him another shot?
    The answers to your questions are, respectively:

1. Yes: things became worse.
    2. Now that you've been warned, it's entirely up to you.