Why are the weapons not upgraded? New Honor PVP gear.

I've always wondered about this, as I checked the new vendors (really liking the new CP gear, and the bow is...wow) I noticed that there's new pieces of the old Ruthless gear, but now higher ilvl...but the weapons are still ilvl 378. What is the reasoning behind the difference between gear and weapons when it comes to ilvl? PVE weapons are usually the same ilvl (when they drop from bosses) so why not pvp weapons?

Deleted
    To make them not better than the current PVE weapons in 5 mans so PvE'ers dont feel like they need to pvp to be viable?

Deleted
    to not make the vendors sell for honor weapons beter than T2 conquest weapons from the previous season.

Deleted
    It only takes 5 weeks top to get the Conquest T1 weps with just the 1650 cap. Just a month into the season. The reason tho? Guess Viglante wrapped it up already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    To make them not better than the current PVE weapons in 5 mans so PvE'ers dont feel like they need to pvp to be viable?
    I remember back when Blizzard released a statement that described this. They don't want PvE'ers to feel the need to spend time using PvP to obtain better weapons than they can obtain through 5-man dungeons, thus PvP weapons will always be a bit weaker than the gear. But with the new LFR they might want to reconsider this approach, as it leaves a horrid middle ground where PvP'ers now have to do PvE for upgrades. But I doubt that'll change soon, as we all know, PvE>PvP from the designers PoV ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    But I doubt that'll change soon, as we all know, PvE>PvP from the designers PoV ^^
    Every time someone spouts this garbage, I really want to ban them for a week.

OT: Thread closed / Question Answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE